collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let me see ... Your American Girl Dolls!  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Let me see ... Your American Girl Dolls!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
they don't have a redhead period which is upsetting. :/
I was so mad about that, and I was flipping through a catalog today and saw that they made some new Just Like Yous... and a few are red heads!  :cheer:

I like that they have 7 redhead options for it, but they don't have enough! Two basically have brown hair and the other five all look like the same exact shade of strawberry blonde. None are very red at all, and absolutely none match how my hair color has ever looked. One is even called "honey blonde" and is listed under Blonde too, how is that red? I'd very likely save up to buy one of them from the online store if they actually had red-red hair. I'm used to rarely seeing any shade of red hair in dolls by now, but it still sucks. D:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
I was so mad about that, and I was flipping through a catalog today and saw that they made some new Just Like Yous... and a few are red heads!  :cheer:

I like that they have 7 redhead options for it, but they don't have enough! Two basically have brown hair and the other five all look like the same exact shade of strawberry blonde. None are very red at all, and absolutely none match how my hair color has ever looked. One is even called "honey blonde" and is listed under Blonde too, how is that red? I'd very likely save up to buy one of them from the online store if they actually had red-red hair. I'm used to rarely seeing any shade of red hair in dolls by now, but it still sucks. D:

Darn - I thought we finally had a redhead. :mad: Red hair is my favorite hair color ever, and I've been wishing I had a doll with that hair color for years! I just wish there were more available.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »

Darn - I thought we finally had a redhead. :mad: Red hair is my favorite hair color ever, and I've been wishing I had a doll with that hair color for years! I just wish there were more available.

The reds available aren't too bad, strawberry blonde counts as red and is even rarer in dolls from what I've seen, so at least its something. I just wish they had some variety of actual red hair, not brown and blonde pretending to be red. XP I'd kill for a pretty deep red, that's my favorite shade.

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
You know what I loved most about the AG dolls? (Mostly the Historical ones)
The accessories! OMG I loved those accessories. So cute. So tiny. So interactive!

I agree! AG makes really high quality accessories.

They DID.  Now most things are either retired, made of plastic, or clumped together so a 3 year old can't inhale the pieces.

Yeah, once AG was purchased by Mattel the quality went downhill. I still love the dolls and the accessories, and as an adult I can keep them nice, but they never would have lasted if I had them when I was a kid!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
Felicity has RED RED hair but you'll be paying a bit more for her on Ebay as she is Archived at the moment. 

They JUST released a new girl named Caroline, from the War of 1812 (COOOOOOOOOOL) but she is blonde and blue-eyed.  *sigh*  Enough of the blonde dolls!  Except they apparently sell like crazy so Mattel will never stop making Barbie-blonde dollies. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »
Oh it is really red in person? It looks very dark-brown-barely-red on my monitor. I remember wanting Felicity as a kid, that was likely why. xD

I just bought my first three minis! Second hand so I could afford them, haha. Samantha, Kirsten, and Kit.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
Nope, she's got super red hair. I love it. :D She's my favorite now that I'm older.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
I don't know if I should thank you guys for pointing that out, or hate you for making me add another expensive girl to my wishlist. XD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »
*Ducks flying fakies*

One more thing of note about Felicity:  she comes either with "electric" green eyes (the older versions) or a toned-down hazel green eye color.  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
I wanted an American Girl doll so badly when I was a kid. I remember when I was in either pre-school or kindergarten, they had a display case that had the first three dolls (Kirsten, Samantha & Molly) in the library at my school and I'd just stare at them and wish I could have one. I really wanted Kirsten, but we couldn't afford her. My best friend back when I was a kid had Kirsten and her sister had Samantha and they had tons of playsets and clothes for them. I was completely jealous.

PolkaDot99

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
I have 4 American Girl dolls! I will take some pictures of them

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
My minis arrived today! I'm hoping to get better photos tomorrow, but for now here's some basic shots! I'm beyond thrilled, and even have Samantha hanging out next to me.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Here's my Molly:

I considered selling her at one time but I don't think I could part with her now, I just kinda lost interest in AG for awhile because of the ever increasing expense of the dolls and because I was very annoyed after they started retiring older dolls and shifted the focus away from historicals. I do want to get another doll or 2 eventually though and I really, really, want to go to the new AG store in Miami when it opens!  :biggrin:

Also, Here's My Mini Molly and Mini Kit:

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »
I'm really liking the 70's doll (I think her name is Julia), so I might have to save for her.
And I just found out that Houston has a AG store opening this month, so that is very exciting!
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »
Julie, yep, that's the 1970's doll. Her best friend doll is Ivy, who is really pretty.  I'd love to have one, but I am not collecting for AG at the moment.  :)  They even have a VW Bug for them! 

The mini's look so awkward in the catalogue pictures... I'm actually thinking everyone's are CUTE CUTE CUTE in their pictures, especially Kit! 
The Bad Trader List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal