collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guess how many Liv dolls I have! [pic heavy]  (Read 2184 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Guess how many Liv dolls I have! [pic heavy]
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
I've always liked the LIV in Wonderland dolls.  My Target has them, and I'm always tempted:)  Once I even pulled them all off the shelf to look at them (I'm strictly a MH collector.  A completionist, as well, so I can't get involved with any other brands.  There are hardly any flat surfaces left in my house as it is :lol:)  There are 6 of them, right? 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »
The Liv in Wonderland dolls are gorgeous. :D I got them all for my birthday, and there are five of them. The only issue I have with them is Daniela, the White Queen, has a glittery face but a normal body. It makes her look sweaty, usually, and I have a hard time photographing her. But she's one of my favorites still.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »
Ah!  5.  I was counting them in your photo, and I couldn't find the non-existant 6th one :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
She's the super rare and invisible Cheshire Cat Liv. xD

. . .Which I now want as a custom, fml. Lol.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »
She's the super rare and invisible Cheshire Cat Liv. xD

. . .Which I now want as a custom, fml. Lol.

I WISH they had made a Cheshire Cat!  I have the Queen, the White Rabbit, and the Mad Hatter from that line.  The Rabbit is LOVE :heart:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
Oh gheeze, you have so many now!! Even more than me! XD Still have 4. =_=; 1 alexis (School's out) 1 Hayden (School's out) 2 sophies (1st release and It's My Nature) I think I'm gonna get a 3rd sophie! the Making Waves one I found at Marshall's @,@; Still need a Daniella and Katie.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
A Cheshire Cat character would have been totally amazing. I was pretty disappointed when I looked them up and found out one didn't exist. I can't believe the rabbit won over the Cheshire Cat. XP

Luvly - Four is at least in control! xD MW Sophie is really pretty. I'm sad the one I bought broke so I don't have her swimsuit.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 11:44:57 AM »
I wouldn't say in control, more like Neglected! lol >,<; I wish I was able to find more of the ones I wanted. MOstly looking for a making waves Katie (Love that swimsuit!) as well as another one to customize and switch one eye with Sophie and either put it into Katie or take both eyes out and put it into a Daniella. XP So basically a Daniella with a blue and green eye. XD

As for Daniella, I still don't know which one I'd want that has a good outfit that I like. Either School's Out or Dancin in the Moonlight. Most likely School's out.

I really love the School's Out Alexis outfit. Practically one of my all time faves!!

This shot is actually one of my favorite shots out of all, followed by the preggy shots. That outfit actually looks prefect for a summer time maternity outfit.XD

I actually tried to make a pregnant tummy for my Liv dolls with half of an Easter egg. Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
Haha! That's another way of putting it. I have a Making Waves Katie and she's gorgeous. The only problem is her pigtails mean no sun-directly-behind-her photos, because her head glows and creates mismatch. xD A Daniela with a blue and a green eye would be so cool! If my trade with my friend falls through, I may try doing that.

I want that Daniela so bad! She's been on my wishlist since the day you shot my wallet in the face got me into Liv, hahaha. Spa Makeover Daniela is my favorite. Her skull earrings are epic!

Her outfit is soooo gorgeous! I couldn't love it more. Her leggings still bug me a little, but they look great so I'll get over it. Her earrings are way up there on my favorites.

That shot of her is definitely my favorite as well. It really captures her personality.
I used balled up toilet paper with the back wet a bit so it wouldn't stick out. xD It worked pretty well, but since its tissue it was a bit hard to make look okay with her hands on it and whatnot. I looked up the Midge Barbie prices on eBay and just about cried. She was like $50ish, more or less depending on the listing, and there was only one black version. My sister had the white one when we were kids. I'll never get over my mom getting rid of all of our Barbie stuff, lol.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 05:45:16 PM »
4 is not enough! lol The more I look at your photos the more I wanna get back in and get more Liv dolls or search for the main one's I need!! I basically dug a grave and we are both burying our wallets alive in it. XD

*Sigh* if I don't find SO Daniella or MW Katie in store, I'm gonna have to resolve going to Amazon, and I usually don't like shopping online. =_=;

Midge is still going for that high? *Goes to ebay* Being pulled from the shelves in 2002 10 years later and still going high, wow. XP There was also a denim dress variant?? I like that dress more than her original dress.

One thing I might wanna try to do for a baby bump is sew a wide enough pillow that'll go from one side to the waist to the other and sew an elastic to the sides of the pillow so it can easily slip on and off them.
If this works, I'll be coming up with all sorts of ideas for maternity dresses!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
Hahaha! Don't tempt me to be evil and start the Liv "pretty much just talking to myself and spamming photos" thread I was thinking about. I could spam you daily now that I have a lamp I can use! ;D
Though my wallet/possibly boyfriend will forever hate you for being the person to get me to click a link to The Toy Box Philosopher. I now stalk that blog like mad, and while its saved me from a few bad purchases. . .its also sucked me to wanting others a lot more!

Amazon has AMAZING prices right now, or at least it did a few weeks ago when I was shopping there. If you go with Amazon, you should sign up for the free trial of Prime for free shipping. My Spa Makeover Alexis was like $5.40 total, and my School's Out Alexis was like $11 total. Right now, MW Katie is $10 and eligible for Prime. If I had money I would go on a wild Liv clothing/accessory shopping spree on Amazon.

Yep. >.< I love all of her accessories too (I remember them being awesome when I was a kid), and I'd adore to get them for a dollhouse. But at that price, I could make my own crib and buy other stuff. But really I mostly want the newborn babies, one white and one black hopefully both with a blanket. They're so tiny and cute.
I tried to find a guide for modern Barbie stuff (like 90's - 2000's) to plan some more baby purchases, but I got nothing.

That's a really brilliant idea! I'd be tempted to try it if I could get to my sewing stuff, and if I didn't need a fan on 24/7 right now (I have to sew by hand and fans have always caused hell for me).

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
This might make me sound crazy, but I think you should!! If they're tempting me to get more Liv dolls again, I'm sure it'll do the same effect to others. And you won't be alone talking only to yourself. I'm here. XP

Not only that, There's a MH Photo thread, one for Pullips, other dolls, and Disney dolls. We could have one for Liv and hopefully people would gain interests. I still haven't given up on trying to make Liv popular again! (or at least get more people into them.)

As for your wallet & Boyfriend, I'm sure they'll forgive me eventually because I know some day karma gonna bite me back. XD If I ever get enough money (or sacrifice MH Money) I'll sign up for the Amazon prime trial to get free shipping and go on a spending spree or so on SO Daniella & MW Katie. After the trial is over, will they start billing me or anything?? What's your experience with it so far?

For Barbie sized babies. There are 2 in this set: I Can Be Newborn Baby Doctor set. Comes with Barbie, a nursery, and 2 twin babies. lol this set actually would've gone well with Midge. As well as the I Can Be Baby Caregiver playset. There's only one baby in this one. Hopefully these won't tempt you to go find or anything. >,<

ETA: Ack, as it turned out, karma did bite my in the butt. >,<; I spent some of my MH money I saved up on Making Waves Sophie. I also got a wig that was on clearance and now I'm tempted to go search for MW Katie and possibly more Liv dolls & Wigs to buy. @,@; *Sigh* Mh gonna have to wait for a little while longer. XP
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »
Haha! I just might. It'd be nice to get more non-MH topics up, if absolutely nothing else. I would love to get some more people into Livs. They deserve so much more love than they get.

You can turn off the automatic billing as soon as you activate the trial, so that's what I did. I haven't had any issues with that, but they did charge me $1 when I used a gift card (that I had used on Amazon a few weeks before, same account and all) which made me unable to afford what I was buying. That really pissed me off.
Hm, aside from that I haven't had any problems. But "two day shipping" is NOT actually two day shipping. I never had any of my orders actually arrive within two days, it usually took a few days to even get them shipped. Part of that is the fault of the terrible UPS people here, but some of it is on Amazon.

Oh man, those sets are amazing! Totally perfect! :D The first one has the perfect babies, and super awesome accessories, and the second one has PERFECT accessories and a super cute dress. I'll definitely have to snag both of those when I can. Speaking of Barbie babies, my sister and I had this set too! And I had this one! Augh! Damn my mother for getting rid of the Barbie stuff without permission. Dx

Bwahahaha! Karma is getting you back!
Although dolls are about to bite me soon too. I'm getting a Merida later this week, and a True Hope as soon as another sale goes through.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:30 AM »
Oh yeah, Karma has bitten my rump once again, and this time a lot harder and deeper!! >,<; Gotten another wig and I only went to Toys R Us just to look around, but they had ALL the Making Waves stuff!! All the girls, Jake, the Cabana, the wind surfer and the Kayak. I just had to let out a squee and grab Katie, then I looked at MW Daniela. The makeup on her looks so amazing I've decided to use that one as the base for my first Custom Liv Doll! I was so heartbroken that they had All of them and charging full price for them while I had only so little of what was left of my MH Money. That was when I heard the loudspeaker mention the Layaway program and ask a sales associate for details. It was like a sign from above or something XD. So I asked and ended up grabbing both MW Katie and Daniela and put them both on Layaway!!! Total was about $40ish and I have about 3 months or so to have it paid off. >,<; *Sigh* All that time and money could've been used on new MH Dolls!!! *Flops onto her bed in defeat*

So far now I think SO Daniela is gonna be the last girl I need (but not the last one I'll get lol) and I'll have all 5 BFFs once I get those last 2, I'll probably order her through Amazon. TRU Had a whole bunch of SO Haydens and got excited for a moment hoping there'd be more SO Girls like Daniela, but no there weren't. Just Haydens.

lol I found another one...Dam "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" list. XD While I was looking around TRU, I browsed around the Barbie Section and I actually liked some of the Fashion packs they had, some of them I want!! (although it kinda seems they're overdoing it with the pink and yellow) I also find it cute how Barbie's other sisters have their own size compared to each other.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »
Hahaha!!!
But it also got me again too. I got another person wanting to buy from me, so if that goes through I can get a True Hope doll and finally be done scrambling and worrying over needing more plastic friends and possibly missing out on them. And then I can save my money and stop having people whine at me, scold me, guilt me, etc. XP

Thankfully I haven't added more Liv dolls to my wishlist (aside from "ALL THE CLOTHING THAT FITS THEM EVER" and "oodles and oodles of accessories"), but I fear if I keep it up on Amazon my Barbie-for-the-accessories wishlist will be three miles long. They really have the best accessories (or at least used to, idk about now), and have the bonus of providing outfits for Livs. But I have been seriously considering just ripping open my remaining Barbies and stealing their outfits for my Livs. The only things stopping me are that one is a graduation outfit, so not all that useful, and the other is a super big fancy dress, which is more useful but will be a hassle and need its own bag and would rarely even be used.

Aw that's cute! But I don't see baby blankets so I can get away safe. I love the baby blankets. xD Speaking of, earlier I found a Barbie baby blanket in one of my doll clothing bags. But of course I don't have a baby, and that only added insult to injury. Thanks Barbie. And speaking of "Customers Also Bought", this is absolutely terrifying.

Anyways, back to Barbie. Obviously I cannot possibly avoid the Barbie aisles seeing as I collect toys for little girls, and that really disappoints me. The current look the Barbies have going on in their faces? TERRIFYING!!! My boyfriend and I can't stand them. And all of the obnoxious hot pink gets on my nerves. I realize girl toys have probably always been "YAY PINK PINK IS FOR GIRLS LOVE PINK YAY", not that I paid attention when I was a kid, but not *everything* was pink. I had a pink/white/green Barbie house, but it was pastels. My sister had a blue Barbie house and the blue Barbie plane. But I swear it all seems to be bright in-your-face hot pink now, but honestly I still don't pay much attention because Barbie, Barbie's "sisters" (I have always believed they were her illegitimate children, especially her "baby sister" when she's like 30), Barbie's "friends" (Barbie can't have friends in my headcannon, too psycho), Barbie's "boyfriend", and probably also Barbie's "pets" have all had some severe plastic surgery so they no longer look human (or like animals, in the case of the pets).
I obviously do not like Barbie. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal