collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guess how many Liv dolls I have! [pic heavy]  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Guess how many Liv dolls I have! [pic heavy]
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
If you guessed 16 or 17, you win! I have one horse and 16 dolls. One of those dolls will hopefully be traded to a friend (pink hair, though we don't yet know what wig she'll go with), but I technically currently have her so there she is. I only want four more Livs, and then I'm done. Hayden's House because its on sale for $25, Winter Formal Daniella, Winter Formal Alexis, and Sleepover Party Daniella. Because this is insane. D: I started collecting on March 22nd. Of this year. ._.

Fun fact: Facebook asked me to "tag my friends" in this photo for 11 or 12 dolls. xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They're not normally displayed like that, though. This is how they normally look, missing a few waiting to take photos in the living room.

But hey guess what!!! I got two new dolls, oh gosh. They're in the group photo, but still. They haven't been posted yet. So here's the first! Yesterday my $5 + free shipping Spa Makeover Alexis arrived after some extreme frustration with the terrible UPS delivery people. I like her, but I would not pay $20 for her and would be a bit upset if I had.

Spoiler
I swear people who design doll packaging know nothing about anatomy, or just how people can bend without having broken bones. Or they're sick, twisted people who like imagining dolls with broken bones. I don't know which is worse.

I just opened a Barbie from my childhood two days ago, so dealing with the horror that is modern packaging was insane. Her crappy dollar store quality robe had 4x as much holding it in as the ENTIRE Barbie. And the Barbie is like, a trillion times higher quality than the robe. I hate these robes. I wish they were made better.

The wig makes her look trashy, in my opinion. Its not so bad in her stock outfit, but in what she's sporting now it makes her look very bad. Guess she'll rock the painted on pixie cut.

The dress looks absolutely awful on her, in my opinion. I don't think that shade of purple with those accent colors looks all that great with her skintone.

I bought her literally just so I'd have another doll to take outside when its cool and laugh. My other Spa Makeover girl was great fun at the park once, when it was sunny with a cool wind. Her colors kept changing like mad. It was great. xD In 90 degree heat, however, its not as funny and basically doesn't work. And that water was in the freezer for like ten minutes. XP

The dress looks MUCH better on this doll.

Today my School's Out Alexis arrived! I am insanely happy with her, and I damn well better be after how annoying she was to get! The first person I bought her from on Amazon was a scammer I guess, because after a month she never arrived. So I had to file a claim, get Amazon credit, and buy another one. She ended up being $10 + free shipping.

Spoiler
This doesn't show her skintone 100% accurately, its a bit darker. She's got a very cute outfit, although I didn't like the legging at first, and super adorable shoes. She also has beautiful bird earrings.

But compare her to Liv in Wonderland Alexis, and she looks like a different ethnicity! You can't see it very well in the photo, so they look even more different in person. Which I like, because the "white" Livs have like, almost no skintone variation. In photos I can kind of see it with some, but just displayed in my room they all look the same. I do not like this. Variety plz. XP

She's a gorgeous doll, and a dream to photograph. Don't mind the off colors below, I don't have Photoshop right now and my lamp makes everything super yellow.

Only problem? Now I really need some Barbie babies for her. And I want the Midge tummy for laughs. XP

Offline Dragonsummoner

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Of the people, for the people!
    • View Profile
    • Flickr pictures
Re: Guess how many Liv dolls I have! [pic heavy]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »
Your collection is awesome! So cool you have a Liv horse! I totally want one. :D I just got into Liv dolls (talk about being late to the party!) I only have 3. One I bought brand new from Wally World's discount section and 2 I found at a thrift store, with 2 wigs each! :D I love all your other toys too! I want to come over to your house and play!  :happy:

Sig by Sourdoughstomper and Blackestbird. Thank you!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:35:17 PM »
Thanks! :D And congrats on your finds! The Walmarts here don't even carry Livs, so when I got a $40 Walmart gift card for my birthday I was very sad, haha.
The horse is definitely one of my favorite Liv things. I was lucky to get him. He came open with a few of his accessories and the doll he came with. They were owned by a child, so they were somewhat horrors when they arrived. Lots of time brushing/washing hair, and my poor horse has a bunch of marks/scratches. But they were only $20 or $30 so I'll live. xD

Haha! My room would be perfect to come and play at. I've got ponies and dolls and plushies all over the place, and now I've taken over a little table in the living room for photos. :D

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
Wow they're all gorgeous! And your room is too :D I love School's Out Alexis, she is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen her in person. I really like the whole School's Out line :D The Spa line always looks not quiiite right to me either... they're pretty but there are little things off about them. For $5 they're great though! XD Congrats on your new girls!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »
Thanks! ^w^ The only dolls I've seen in person are some Making Waves, all of Sleepover Party but Daniella (my favorite XP), Spa Makeover, Twist and Dance, some? color, and Hayden's House + Hayden. I found about them online, and have only bought five in person (one had to be returned, so that might count as six total).

I LOVE my Spa Makeover Daniella, she's my favorite Liv (though she's now tied with School's Out Alexis), but Alexis always looked super weird in the store. I think Sophie looked okay, mostly, maybe a bit off. Daniella was the only one I *had* to have.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
wow! awesome collection...so many cool looking wigs! I adore the outfit on your new School's Out Alexis ^_^ also, I never knew there were Liv Horses

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »
Thank you! :D
And yep, there are three Liv horses. They're all super jointed like the dolls, and have the same type of eyes. They're really cool, but also really expensive I think? At least they were when I got mine.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
Wow!  Great collection!  I have a small collection of Liv dolls *thinks* 7? I think?  LOL...School's Out Alexis was the second one I bought, I love her!  And I love seeing how other people display their dolls :heart:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
Seven is still a lot! xD I wouldn't have nearly as many if I didn't get a great deal on the full Liv in Wonderland set. They took up a lot of my "Liv allowance", so to speak. But I absolutely adore them so its okay.

As soon as we get a few bucks my boyfriend is going to help me build risers for the white dresser, so my ponies and dolls can be displayed much better. And when we get a few more bucks, I'll either buy Hayden's House and/or make some stuff for the dark brown thing (beds, sofas, etc) to display them easier there.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »
Butting in to ask, does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial on building risers?  Since you mention it, Taxel, I've been meaning to google, but I couldn't think of the word "riser." :blush:  Anyway, I've got quite a few dolls, and I'd like to double or triple my space with risers, but have no idea what to do.  Maybe you and your boyfriend could enlighten me :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
I LOVE my Spa Makeover Daniella, she's my favorite Liv (though she's now tied with School's Out Alexis), but Alexis always looked super weird in the store. I think Sophie looked okay, mostly, maybe a bit off. Daniella was the only one I *had* to have.

Yeah Daniella always looks gorgeous! I'm waiting for one of our stores to put their Livs on clearance and then I might get a Daniella and a Sophie (I have one each of the other three).  ^.^

grzankitter, I use stacks of books as makeshift risers :D Works until you want to read one of the books, lol. I've seen people mention wrapping tissue boxes or old VHS tapes in cute paper as well. I've no idea how to build nice permanent ones though XD

:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
grzankitter - There's a tutorial. I think here on the new Arena? But maybe on the old. I was going to use that. :3

Zombelina - Haha, I agree! Daniela is definitely my favorite. I love pretty much all of her outfits.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »
Seven is still a lot! xD I wouldn't have nearly as many if I didn't get a great deal on the full Liv in Wonderland set. They took up a lot of my "Liv allowance", so to speak. But I absolutely adore them so its okay.

As soon as we get a few bucks my boyfriend is going to help me build risers for the white dresser, so my ponies and dolls can be displayed much better. And when we get a few more bucks, I'll either buy Hayden's House and/or make some stuff for the dark brown thing (beds, sofas, etc) to display them easier there.

Haha, yeah, after I posted that I thought, "Hmmm...the fact that I think 7 is a SMALL collection could mean I have an addiction...*shrugs*..."  LOL

As for the question someone asked about risers, I've used shoeboxes wrapped in wrapping paper, doll boxes (Tonner and BJD boxes are great!), books, and lots of random stuff as display risers.  Shoe boxes are some of my favorites because if you wrap the lid and the box seperately so that you can still open it, you can store things inside them still, lol.

And here, just so my post isn't totally boring...

^_^ by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
they had a few of these at ross last night, for under $10.

not sure what set they were though.... they had maybe three different ones.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
barbgirl1999 - At least you can comfort yourself with the fact that you don't have seventeen! xD
I've been using boxes and books as temporary risers, and they work alright. I just need something more organized so doll legs don't block access to the dresser. My boyfriend is not pleased about that, lol.

And don't you even start tempting me to want more! Hahaha.
But seriously, that's a pretty photo of them.

Novavelle - That's so awesome! At TRU today none of the single dolls were on clearance, and I haven't been to any other stores recently. But Fred Meyer had them like half off or so? Oh how I wish I was made of money! Damn these pretty dolls.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal