collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I won lagoona's hydration station :( :)?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I won lagoona's hydration station :( :)?
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
Okay so I entered a competition online and my entry was the most original, ie- I wasn't begging for the prize and giving a sob story.

And they asked me what I'd like from their catalogue that they could send me... I said anything from the monster high range... And I instantly thought 'I don't want lagoona's thing' so I wrote back saying "Anything but lagoona's hydration station'' and thought YAY I'M GETTING A FREE DOLL WHOOPIE!

But. Today I find on my door step a HUGE box and thought... YAY THEY STUFFED A BOX FULL OF DOLLS FOR ME.

NOPE.

It's lagoona's hydration station.

I arrived just in time for my birthday too, but... I can't help but feel a little dissapointed ._.; The reason I don't like is a) it's big and bulky and breakable b) it doesn't display well in the box and c) I like lagoona... but I don't want to remove her from the box and ARGH SO CONFLICTED WHAT DO?!

I haven't heard many people talking about it so I wonder, does anyone actually like this product at all? Does everyone feel the same way about it? I could put it on ebay but.. postage would be a fricken NIGHTMATE.

Wat do guys? What do I do? ;---;

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I won lagoona's hydration station :( :)?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »
I know lots of people love the doll. I have also heard that the actual hydration station is sort of neat as a way to display Lagoona...cause she looks really cool in the station.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »
DT Lagoona is admittedly one of my favorites (and my fiance's all time favorite), and is rather popular. As for the Hydration Station I think it's a neat little toy (and have heard the same from others).. though I have heard it can leak or crack and is loud. Ultimately it's up to you what you wanna do with it.. but yeah the postage on that is going to be awful.

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
I received the hydration set for Christmas last year and I absolutely love it! DT Lagoona is so gorgeous and all of her accessories are super cute - including Neptuna with her little eye mask  ^.^

Honestly, I haven't used mine with the water and lights etc but I just find it so pretty as it is on display behind my current DT girls. I have heard it leaks and is noisy too, but I just enjoy it loose and on display.

Considering it retails for quite a substantial amount here in Australia (I think they were close to $100 when they were released here... at least $90  :shocked: ) and Lagonna herself is quite valuable so winning the whole thing is pretty awesome... even if you didn't want it. Congrats  :)
:fox:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
I love DT Lagoona...her face up is so pretty and soft and her hair is so cute...but I like the Hydration Station too. Mine doesn't leak, and it is pretty loud because it's a cheap motor, but I love the lights and the bubbles! But I don't use it to display Lagoona. I use it to display my Big Sister and Little Sister from Bioshock 2.

It's kind of fantastic for that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 11:22:46 PM »
I'll take it off your hands!  :biggrin:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »
I'd love it! It is on my wishlist, I could trade you a doll :) xxx

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 01:26:58 AM »
I love DT Lagoona...her face up is so pretty and soft and her hair is so cute...but I like the Hydration Station too. Mine doesn't leak, and it is pretty loud because it's a cheap motor, but I love the lights and the bubbles! But I don't use it to display Lagoona. I use it to display my Big Sister and Little Sister from Bioshock 2.

It's kind of fantastic for that.

I would LOVE to see a picture of that if possible  ^.^  I imagine it would look perfect for that!
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 06:09:55 AM »
Thanks guys, it's a not a 'GET RID OF IT NOW' thing. I just don't know how I oculd feel about it lol because it is worht almost $90-$100 here and I do love Lagoona... And teh company said 'Take a photo of yourself and the prize and put it on our webpage' or whatever so I can't do anything until I do that.

I guess I'll just take lagoona out and display her in that, i really didn't want to taker her out of the box but I guess I will!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
Ah well. It was worth a shot. I don't think we ever got Lagoona and her Hydration Station down here in NZ.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 03:31:29 PM »
What an awesome prize!! Even if it wasn't your first choice ... DT Lagoona is one of the prettiest versions of her! Her face-up is so original.
The bubbly thingy is really fun, actually! My 4-year-old adored it until it broke. (Not a defect - HE broke it.) XD

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »
I also love DT Lagoona, but the price is too high for me at the moment.

Big congrats on winning her!!!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »
Yea, I wanted it but only saw it once here, and now I wish I had gotten it.  That Lagoona is gorgeous, and I would love th Hydration station too.  Lucky!!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
I think after consideration is that she doesn't display well like the others, you only really see her face and I really didn't want to open the box because lol.. I break things and loose things and my rooms is always a pigsty and will probably end up on that hoarders show soon ;--; So I'm very reluctant to take her out but I do want her but I wanted something else and ... I'll get over it.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »
Well, if you change your mind, I'd be happy to take her and the station off your hands. I'm only across the ditch in NZ.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal