collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think will be eliminated this round?

Clawdeen
15 (19.7%)
Lagoona
27 (35.5%)
Nefera
8 (10.5%)
Toralei
26 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: May 31, 2012, 05:32:13 PM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Lost Her Headscarf (Results Posted)  (Read 2127 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile

Welcome to another round of ANTM!

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Four lovely monsters stand before me, but only one can be on top.

Last week the ghouls trekked into the India jungle wearing the latest fashion from mogul designer Killin’ Stein. While Lagoona blew away the competition and Clawdeen, Nefera, and Toralei each held their own, little Howleen could not keep up with the competition, and she was eliminated.

This week the remaining four ghouls took it to the streets of Mumbai to model head scarves. How did they do?

Clawdeen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty's critique: You're looking a bit flat here, and a bit lost. I feel the scarf is working you rather than you working the scarf. It's a very beautiful picture, but sadly it falls short. Sure, you're selling the scarf, but you can sell and be interesting at the same time.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: I love that you're keeping with the softer side and not reverting back to total fierceness. Scarves call for a softer side, but is this soft or, "I don't really care. Let's get it over with"? This photo shows the versatility of the scarf as a shawl but doesn't scream "let's sell this awesome scarf" or "this is an ad for a scarf". It says more, "I am here. I am modeling...a scarf."

J. Jekyll's critique: I love this shot. There is this haunted look to your face. You're demonstrating the versatility of the scarf while retaining your modelesque ways. I may be in the minority here, but this is actually one of my favorite shots of you.

Lagoona:

Ty-Ty's critique: I think you did very well here. Your pose is interesting and you definitely sell the scarf. I love the way you're leaning and causing great movement. My only issue is that your face points a bit too much into the light, and washes out your face.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: You've had a tidal surge forward in the last few challenges, but your past performance (or lack thereof sometimes) plagues you, and your tide has gone out again. You don't model the scarf so much as drown the scarf, doing nothing for it, leaving me pale and listless like a piece of forgotten seaweed at low tide which is exactly how the scarf looks wrapped around your head.

J. Jekyll's critique: I like the scarf blowing in the wind. In fact, I even like the flow to your body language. Your hair and face look great, too. But I'm just not blown away.

Nefera:

Ty-Ty's critique: You workin' that scarf, ghoul! I love the loop of your arm matching the loop of the scarf, and the bit of glitter in your hair tying in with the glitz and glam of the sparkly scarf. The scarf is SOLD! And I don't even wear scarves, not even in the middle of winter with snow up past my ears.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: I love the pinwheel effect. Your dress, your hair, and your arms make this pose feel like a swirl. It's quite interesting. Your left hand guides us straight towards the scarf, and with a combination of that and the swirling motion of your body, our focus is your beautiful face and the scarf you're selling.

J. Jekyll's critique: On set, you nailed your best shot in ONE SHOT. Do I need to repeat myself? One. Shot.

Toralei:

Ty-Ty's critique: You've toned down the heat and brought style and grace to the past couple of shots. The diagonal of your arms matching the diagonal of your gaze works to draw the eyes up and to the scarf. Your tail is kind of awkward though and looks somewhat like a teapot handle. Your pricked ears make the scarf float higher above your head, and that makes your head look a bit large...but it draws more attention to the product and the scarf.

Nightmare Nigel's critique: I think you took Clawdeen's idea and ran with it. This is a more interesting pose. Almost like you're looking to a companion coming up the stairs. Your ears give an interesting shape to the scarf that we don't see with the other ghouls as well.

J. Jekyll's critique: Tor, here is a vulnerability to you that I have not seen before. Your eyes are magnificent. There is so much emotion in them. My only criticism is that I find your arms a bit awkward here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:04:32 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Lost Her Headscarf
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
I actually love Clawdeen's performance this week!  She looks so soft, like she is having a private moment with the scarf.  I'm not sure I like Toralei's head shape with that scarf, it just seems awkward.  But Lagoona does make that scarf look like seaweed! I giggled!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
... i think the model wanna-be is gonna win! lol

rally it came down to Clawdeen and Lagoona for me ... but looking at past performances on top of everything else ... Lagoona, my oh so lovely little miss fish i had to choose you ... Clawdeen can just ROCK IT! lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
I have to agree! See I think Clawdeen is the weakest here, but Lagoona is weak too. And Goona doesn't have the best past in this competition!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:31:10 PM »
To be honest, I really like them all this week!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
I have to agree to that in a way! I think we all are judging harder because it's further along. And you kinda have to. I feel that some of these shots would've been spectacular shots way back in the competition!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
yeah, it's down tot he nitty-gritty now! the past weighs heavy and EVERYTHING counts now lol

early on it's kind of difficult because there isn't a huge body of work to go by ... but now ... you weight the good/bad/indifferent and the ban hammer falls heavy lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
I think this is the first time I haven't been able to immediately decide.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
I had to vote for Lagoona. I didn't think Clawdeen's shot was that strong either, but she's been a stronger competitor overall. I thought Nefera and Torelei were awesome

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
I'm going to say Lagoona will be out this round. Clawdeen's shot hasn't been good but at least she's been consistent, whereas Lagoona's been hit-and-miss. Add in the fact that the photo is just 'being pretty' and I don't think she'll go on into the Top 3.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
Bye bye Lagoona... She just looks like shes "checked out" of the competition...totally spaced out.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:53 AM »
I voted Lagoona as you almost over look the scarf, the other three draw attention to it with their hands. To me it looks like she's selling the dress, not the scarf!

Torelei's pic is very sweet but the ear bumps made me giggle a bit:) The shot is a nice change from her sex kitty ones.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
Voting is closed for me... But to my opinions. :) I really liked Lagoona's shot, actually, I thought she looked rather adorable. If I were to vote one out, I'd probably vote Clawdeen because she did look a bit lost.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:16:29 AM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
I actually love Clawdeen's performance this week!  She looks so soft, like she is having a private moment with the scarf.  I'm not sure I like Toralei's head shape with that scarf, it just seems awkward.  But Lagoona does make that scarf look like seaweed! I giggled!

I think we're the only ones who love Clawdeen this week!

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »

I think we're the only ones who love Clawdeen this week!

I love Clawdeen this week as well. I voted Toralei. I personally love Lagoona's shot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal