collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I don't like SS Ghoulia's Hair  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I don't like SS Ghoulia's Hair
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »
I was thinking of rerooting her to make her more like the Wave 1 version. But I was googling to see the colors and realized that I her make up is prettier in the other versions too. Do you guys think maybe I should just see if there is a spare head laying around out in the world and just swap? I think the bangs on the SS also will mess up with the rerooting because they go a different direction then the rest of the hair, giving her a different look. Grrr I am just wish I didn't buy her and had waited, but I didn't know there were other versions at the time.
Anyone wanna trade heads with me? or even dolls? I just prefer the non bang version, where her hair is long. I don't mind if she is naked, I can always try later to get her clothing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:16:40 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: I don't like SS Ghoulia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
I agree, I don't like SS Ghoulia either, the other versions are prettier.... xxx

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »
I never liked SS Ghoulia, and neither does my niece. :I When I got it for her, she actually called me to say "thanks, but I like yours better".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »
I adore her! She looks like a total bitch in this version which I just simply adore!

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/tuneful87/sets/72157629440335603/

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
I love my SS Ghoulia! Mainly because she's the one doll my boyfriend bought for me (lol), but still. Her hair doesn't bother me and neither does her makeup... but I keep a spare Ghoulia around for outfits I don't think would look good with it.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »
Poor Ghoulia... she had so much potential.  I didn't get this version, which is a shame because I love the rest of the Skull Shores line!

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »
Well maybe I seemed rather harsh in the original post. I do like her in some ways, but I guess I just prefer the hair that she has in the show. I have seen really cute styles with the hair cut she has.
Like this one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carriezumwalt/6693014485/
but I have tried a few times to tame her bangs, I even bobby pinned them to the side, which looked rather cute, but I didn't have a barrette that would hold it, so she had a bobby pin. It could be just a frustration with the bangs in general that makes me not like her so much, and then everything else is kinda out of proportion due to the frustration. If I do find a head, I will most likely just keep the other Ghoulia so she doesn't feel unloved. She really isn't that bad, I just prefer the original.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I don't like SS Ghoulia's Hair
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
i love her makeup - but im a sucker for green

i have a pair of 'bait' ghoulias...i plan on taking one of them and rerooting her (the other i plan on using as a torso...unless i can find one between now and when i find the time to work on her) but the hair from the re-rooted one, i plan on using to re-root her bangs...but keeping the semi-short style. its the bangs that i really hate about her...she looks so much better with her bangs gone

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »
Wow, epic fail on my part. I thought we were talking about GB Ghoulia. Don't ask me why!

I loathe SS Ghoulia as well. Fix her! Make her pretty!!!

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
If you plan on keeping her, I've got a suggestion :D I took a tiny needle, and some thread the same color as her hair, knotted the end of the string, ran the needle through her hair somewhere inconspicious, then proceeded to basically sew her hair into the position that I wanted it [bangs pulled back]. If you give her some kind of an updo, and secure it with a band, you don't have to run the needle through her head everytime, but instead just have to loop it and weave it through her hair. It sounds hard but it's really not too bad and hardly noticable if you get the right color of thread :D
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
That sounds really interesting and doable. Thank you Macabre. I will give that a try, do you have pics of yours?

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
I don't! I did it for a friend! lol! One thing I will say, it wouldn't hurt to wet her bangs, then press them back or side ways or however you want it, then maybe wrap her head with saran wrap or roll a hairtye over it to keep it flat until it dries going in the general direction you want it to. That helps sometimes too, before you start sewing :D
 Thank you tinrobo!

Saturnine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
My problem with her is that with the curvature of their backs... she looks pregnant.  o_o

Her hair...looks like a bad wig.  :x   My favorite is the Dead Tired Ghoulia with her blood splatter pjs and brain puffs.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal