collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Welcome Swedish/Scandinavian members! [English thread]  (Read 3210 times)

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome all Swedish members! [English thread]
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Oh, good initiative! And also great to see some American-Swedes here. As you said, there are many swedes with ancestors who migrated.

I currently live in Stockholm, but grew up in different places in the north of Sweden. I'm 30-something and loved mlp as a child.

Back in 2006 I found my old ponies in my store room. Out of curiosity I decided too google "my little pony" to see if they were worth something. I think ya'll can figure out how it ended up.  :cool: I have been a collector since and was a member of druvis a couple of years. I'm a bit on and off in my collecting and activity here, but I always come back eventually.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 01:16:08 PM »
Oh, good initiative! And also great to see some American-Swedes here. As you said, there are many swedes with ancestors who migrated.

I currently live in Stockholm, but grew up in different places in the north of Sweden. I'm 30-something and loved mlp as a child.

Back in 2006 I found my old ponies in my store room. Out of curiosity I decided too google "my little pony" to see if they were worth something. I think ya'll can figure out how it ended up.  :cool: I have been a collector since and was a member of druvis a couple of years. I'm a bit on and off in my collecting and activity here, but I always come back eventually.
Haha, I see we are also both citizens of Mordor. :D

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 01:38:05 AM »
Aaaah this is now the most addictive thread to me atm! This is just so awesome!  :blush:

Its so strange hearing someone say they wish they had family in America, just because a lot of people say the same thing here but with other countries heehee! Indeed there are a LOT of Scandinavian folk and culture in MN! I lived west of Detroit Lakes as a little girl and there are actually Scandinavian festivals! Im curious if there is any food here in the US that is popular to northern European travelers? Maybe we could do a tiny candy trade someday or something! Its cool to see people get excited about visiting America, I had no idea!

Oooo a year off maternety leave!!!?? That sounds heavenly! Husband and I decided not to have kids atm because (paid) maternitly leave isnt a thing here unless our employers want to- but its only for up to three months I think! If I could take a year off I would reconsider ttc! All that pain for only three months off work I wouldnt heal like that in time! I also have pcos and I want to try to plan a family out right since I can have maybe one child. Canada is the closest option for us if we wanted to have a family the way we wanted, I would really want to be able to breastfeed for a longer period of time than just a few months. Im picky LoL!

Cheap Mondays! Yes it was that one!! Their stuff is mostly monochrome but I totally had a few color items from them, I really like their clothing style!

Im wondering how easy it is to find any gen MLP in Sweden, even G4? Someone told me a while ago that only certain shops sell them!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:54:41 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 02:16:19 AM »

Im wondering how easy it is to find any gen MLP in Sweden, even G4? Someone told me a while ago that only certain shops sell them!

G4 ponies are in all most every shop here in Sweden, ICA has them too =)

Post Merge: October 23, 2015, 02:21:11 AM

This is great :) its fun to talk to other people in Sweden who love ponys :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:21:11 AM by lemonice »

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 06:54:01 AM »
Hey, if you guys do have a meet, let me know -- I'll try to take a vacation and come over for it! Of course, I'll probably need about 6 months notice to get a cheap-ish plane ticket. ;)
Oh yeah, we'll defintely let you know when/if there's a meet up. It's gonna take alot of planning but it would awesome to one day get it together! I have never been to a pony con or anything like that, so I'm super exicted!  :biggrin:

On facebook there is a Swedish forum, My Little Pony Sverige.
Come and join =)
I'm seriously going to join this weekend! I never realized there was a MLP group on FB of all places!  :lookround:

I know exactly how you feel; I spent an insane amount of money on ponies last summer and then I just took a very long break. When I'm not actively collecting, I'm not active on the MLP boards. So I'm very much on and off in both collecting and posting. And like you, I always come back...  ^.^

Like mentioned already, My Little Pony these days are sold EVERYWHERE in Sweden. In toy stores, online toy stores and even supermarkets. These days, MLP is so popular it has become an everyday product, but I don't think G1's were as common. Back then, at least where I live, they were only sold at the local toy store. But man, the prices were the best! (Compared to now.)  :satisfied:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »
I have been a member here for 9 and a half years.. almost a decade, it's insane! :shocked: I am a member on Druvis as well, was part of the original Druvdalen before it moved to it's current location and before that I was a member in the mlp group on Lunarstorm (if any remember that old place). I've been collecting since 2002.

Ah yes, I know who you are from Druvdalen!  :biggrin: I think I was also a member of the original Druvdalen but I'm not entirely sure, depends on how along since the forum switched websites. And I totally remember Lunarstorm; it played a big part in my teenager years! :heart:

It switched so long ago, I can't even tell.. the first one was all purplish and the coding was wierd so most modding (I was a mod back then) was to edit peoples coding in their posts so it wouldn't mess the threads up. What a pain it was. But I surely miss those early active years.

Anyway, I read a lot, preferably Fantasy. I have my own library/ponyroom which I am extremly proud of. Besides that I crosstitch, play videogames, watch a ton of movies and tv-series. I try to be social and play TP a couple of times a month with some friends.

I prefer watching tv shows and movies to reading books, even though I used to write alot of original stories/fan fictions for many years. I mostly only read during the summers for some reason and it's also mostly Fantasy. My favorite authors are Kelley Armstrong och Brandon Mull. I also love playing TP! Especially TP Disney! I'm a big Disney kid at heart! :heart: And how cool that you work at SF Bio! I'm applying to some jobs at SF Bio in Stockholm since it seems like a fun place to work! I currently work as a temp at a local preschool. rom Stockholm tolerate.  :blush:

I am an autumn reader. I love it when I get a reason to stay inside so I can snuggle up with a good book. I've tried Kelly Armstrong (Bitten) but didn't like it. Never heard of Mull though. I didn't know there are Disney TP! I NEED one now!!! So much want!
SF Bio is fun, but there are long ours and you basically work when everyone else you know is off from work and vice versa so it can be draining. If you ever get a chance to work there it might be worth to keep in mind. :)

Just throwing in that there used to be an annual mlp-meet for druvis-members. I never attended as I lived to far away and couldn't afford the cost of traveling, but eventually it stopped due to people getting older and other things occupying life.

Btw, I actually have relatives in America. My aunt and cousin lives in Nevada and I have some others up in Oregon. I don't keep much contact with either tho.

Princess Lala

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »
So awesome to see there are  Disney fans in Sweden!!!! Is TP trivial pursuit!? :3 I wish I coiud poof you to Disney World when I go because I think the nearest Disney Park to you guys is the one in Paris!

Aaaah im glad to hear ponies arent as hard to find there as people have been telling me!

So im curious, what are the beaches like there in Sweden? I bet the water is still really chilly even in summer! xD Im a huge ocean lover and if I visit Sweden I would love to know a good beach!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:07:08 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Hi, hello and hej!

I´m from Sweden, more specifically Skåne where I live with my wife and our five kids. I was born in -78, my mother is Swedish and my dad´s from Northern Ireland. I loved MLP as a kid, sadly my parents thought them too expensive so I only got five ponies as a kid. They were very cherished though, and I still have them. I´ve collected for roughly a year and  according to my household economy, buying ponies shift and vary from month to month.

My other passions are music, singing and dancing (street-, Contemporary and jazz) and horror movies. I collect movies, mainly horror and mafia, and watch at least a film a day. I also collect the Sweet Valley High-books. Nostalgia is my middle name :-)

Would love to get together someday and meet other pony fanatics irl :-)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:27:22 PM by gredelingrrrl »
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

RinLin

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »
Colorful ponies are happiness! :D I started to collect for real this summer. Before that, I had just my childhood pony, Surprise Twins Mommy. Sadly, she's no longer complete - the pink baby is lost.
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your Surprise Twins Mommy pony!  :( My best friend had that when we were growing up and I was so jealous of her! I wished for it all the time and finally bought MIB last summer!  :satisfied: Sometimes I actually think about breaking the package and playing with it!  :shocked:

In my free time, I like to create - customs, both ponies and others, draw and make my own jewelry, which I sell, both for dolls and humans. I also buy cheap doll furniture and repaint. :)
Whoa! You sure keep busy!  ^.^ I wish I was as creative! I used to write alot of original stories, as well as fan fictions. All in English since that has become more natural than Swedish these days, what with all the tv shows and movies I watch.  :lookround:

I knoooow, she's so pretty! <3 But her lock function in her belly doesn't work anymore! 8F If I am lucky, I might find the pink baby when going though my old toys next weekend. :)

I sorta am, ahaha! XD Since I don't play any online games anymore, I have a lot of free time to be dreative, which is simply fabulous!
I also write a lot of stories, and are currently working on a novel, that I hope to release the first three chapters off in spring. :) Just to sell it in Artist Alley at conventions.
For living, I work as a free sample person, haha. xD

Uhh, I haven't really followed what everyone else here have been saying, so sorry for not writing to any of you.

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Haha, I see we are also both citizens of Mordor. :D

Yeah, I figure Mordor is a bit like Stockholm in the winter. :P

So im curious, what are the beaches like there in Sweden? I bet the water is still really chilly even in summer! xD Im a huge ocean lover and if I visit Sweden I would love to know a good beach!

Yes, Sweden can be a bit chilly even in the summer. But if you go by july or the beginning of august there is a good chance for sunny weather and at least 68 F in the water. And we have actually quite a lot of nice beaches.

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 12:55:53 AM »
I am an autumn reader. I love it when I get a reason to stay inside so I can snuggle up with a good book. I've tried Kelly Armstrong (Bitten) but didn't like it. Never heard of Mull though.
Oh, you should really read Kelley Armstrong's two trilogies "Darkest Powers" and "Darkness Rising" because they're awesome! "Darkest Powers" plays out first so read that first book and I'm pretty sure you'll be hooked. At the moment she's working on the third part of her latest trilogy "Age of Legends" that I'm eagerly awaiting but it won't be released until sometime next Spring.
Brandon Mull is the amazing author behind the equally amazing book series "Fablehaven" (5 books) which I have read three times already. He's also one of the authors behind the book series "Spirit Animals" (7 books) which I also now own. I'm currently reading his on-going book series "Five Kingdoms" (5 books) and awaiting the release of book #3 sometime next Spring.

And yes, there's actually two versionen of Trivial Pursuit Disney! At least that's how many I've seen here in Sweden so far, but who knows there might have been some new release. I own the blue Disney TP version and my friend owns the red Disney TP:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So awesome to see there are  Disney fans in Sweden!!!! Is TP trivial pursuit!? :3 I wish I coiud poof you to Disney World when I go because I think the nearest Disney Park to you guys is the one in Paris!
Yes, the closest one to us is Disneyland Resort Paris. I went there with my parents in 2000 and I loved it! Then in January 2015, I went to Disneyland with a friend. Something I've been looking forward to for 15 years! So now there's only Disney World left and I've heard it's the best out of all three.  ^.^

Would love to get together someday and meet other pony fanatics irl :-)
First off, welcome gredelingrrrl:biggrin:
Secondly, a IRL meet up would be awesome!  ;)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 04:53:59 AM »
Hej. ^.^
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
Hej hej! :)

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 07:01:18 AM »
Hej hej Sandi och S.o.a.r.! Lovely to see more swedes in here!
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 08:36:31 AM »
Hej hej Sandi och S.o.a.r.! Lovely to see more swedes in here!
I know, right? :lol: So, tell us a little about yourself! ;)
My introduction can be found in the first post of the thread. ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal