collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: White Celestia pack found in the UK!  (Read 2037 times)

hamsteh

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: White Celestia pack found in the UK!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
Only the white Celestia pack is appearing on the website for me, has done every time I've checked since 10 this morning :( I thought Argos would have the Luna pack in too. Waiting so I can do the two for £15 thing. My local store says there is only one pack remaining too.
It's an assortment unfortunately, so it could be either Luna, Celestia or Cadence packed with a mane 6 pony. Bit of a pain that there is only one in stock, I think with Argos when they get new things in, they tend to just send one out to stores. >< That's what happened last time with some Megablocks stuff we were after, our closest stores only had one for a little while then started stocking more, it might be to try and see how much demand there is.
One plus is that the 2 for £15 offer should include toys from other lines too, so if there's anything else you're after it might be an idea to see if they're included. :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
Thanks :) I think I will just pop in and see what they have - I guess if they have just received the stock in their system might only say one is in stock.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

hamsteh

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
Thanks :) I think I will just pop in and see what they have - I guess if they have just received the stock in their system might only say one is in stock.

Actually that's a really good point, and I really hope that's the case! I'd love to get both the Luna and Celestia packs together, works out at a pretty good deal with the offer. It does say it ends in like July or something though, so I don't mind waiting especially since I'm pretty poor right now. (Mean car eating all my toy money. ; __ ; )

Good luck getting the ones you want! :D If you find out you were right about the stock then please let us know, too! n_n

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
Only the white Celestia pack is appearing on the website for me, has done every time I've checked since 10 this morning :( I thought Argos would have the Luna pack in too. Waiting so I can do the two for £15 thing. My local store says there is only one pack remaining too.
It's an assortment unfortunately, so it could be either Luna, Celestia or Cadence packed with a mane 6 pony. Bit of a pain that there is only one in stock, I think with Argos when they get new things in, they tend to just send one out to stores. >< That's what happened last time with some Megablocks stuff we were after, our closest stores only had one for a little while then started stocking more, it might be to try and see how much demand there is.
One plus is that the 2 for £15 offer should include toys from other lines too, so if there's anything else you're after it might be an idea to see if they're included. :)

I don't know if a Cadence variant exists, or if they're packed with another mane 6 member (would be nice, as I already have Rarity and Pinkie and don't care for them enough to want doubles). So far I've only seen the Celestia/Pinkie and Luna/Rarity ones.

Who else is finding Argos saying they only have one pack left? >/ I'm not sure if I want to reserve two sets as it's no guarantee of getting both Celestia and Luna. I mean I could get a refund right away if they didn't but that's a lot of wasted time for everyone. Sigh.

You dont have to pay. Just reserve both sets and then ask to see them before you pay. Its an assortment to Argos staff will be perfectly used to people doing it. If they bring you down both sets then buy them both and if they bring you 2 of the same then you tell them you only want to take the one set.

I want to get them in the 2 for £15 offer, though, which is the issue - I'd feel bad reserving and asking to see them then not buying anything. I guess it depends on whether the person who packs the reserve at store items thinks to pack 2 different ones or not. I'll see how it goes for others reserving them; my Argos is a bit of a walk in the snow anyway so I'm gonna leave it till this clears.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

hamsteh

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »

I don't know if a Cadence variant exists, or if they're packed with another mane 6 member (would be nice, as I already have Rarity and Pinkie and don't care for them enough to want doubles). So far I've only seen the Celestia/Pinkie and Luna/Rarity ones.

You're probably right, I didn't look it up. xD I'm sure I saw a crystal Cadence somewhere, but it's probably part of a different set. ^^;

I want to get them in the 2 for £15 offer, though, which is the issue - I'd feel bad reserving and asking to see them then not buying anything. I guess it depends on whether the person who packs the reserve at store items thinks to pack 2 different ones or not. I'll see how it goes for others reserving them; my Argos is a bit of a walk in the snow anyway so I'm gonna leave it till this clears.

Honestly, no need to worry about that. They don't pack them or anything in advanced (though that would be nice... D: ) If you reserve to collect in store, you go up to the checkout with your reservation number and either pay, or ask for a customer viewing (I pretty much always do this cause all the things I want are assortments. ; ___ ; )

They'll bring down the quantity you reserved of the item, and depending on who it is/how they're feeling they'll bring down any variations for you to choose from. Sometimes you can tell the person at the checkout that you want all variations bringing down.

If you choose any you want from what they bring, you can then pay for them either there at the collection desk or at the checkout, depending on whether they have a till there. I know of one that didn't, and it really confused me. xD; Doesn't have to be the same quantity you reserved either - done that one before. :x "Sorry, I only want one of those..."
Also, if they don't bring down what you want and you know there are more in stock, you can always ask if they'll check to see if there are any different ones. I had to do this to get my CMC set. D:

More often than not I've been able to get the product I wanted, though a few times I've had to try and figure out how to tell them I don't want it. xD; Kinda embarrassing to say "I already have that one..." since people I used to go to school with now work there. :s Usually I go with "Oh, we don't need that one, sorry..." ^^; I usually feel bad, but it's their job and I've never had anyone seem annoyed by it...

Anyways, it's not so bad and the whole point of the customer viewing option is to save you and them from the hassle of processing a refund when you find out they don't have the item you wanted after paying.

Eek, that ended up way longer than I expected ; _ ; Sorry! But good luck when you decide to go down! Hope I helped somewhat. :x

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 05:58:05 PM »

You're probably right, I didn't look it up. xD I'm sure I saw a crystal Cadence somewhere, but it's probably part of a different set. ^^;

Honestly, no need to worry about that. They don't pack them or anything in advanced (though that would be nice... D: ) If you reserve to collect in store, you go up to the checkout with your reservation number and either pay, or ask for a customer viewing (I pretty much always do this cause all the things I want are assortments. ; ___ ; )

They'll bring down the quantity you reserved of the item, and depending on who it is/how they're feeling they'll bring down any variations for you to choose from. Sometimes you can tell the person at the checkout that you want all variations bringing down.

If you choose any you want from what they bring, you can then pay for them either there at the collection desk or at the checkout, depending on whether they have a till there. I know of one that didn't, and it really confused me. xD; Doesn't have to be the same quantity you reserved either - done that one before. :x "Sorry, I only want one of those..."
Also, if they don't bring down what you want and you know there are more in stock, you can always ask if they'll check to see if there are any different ones. I had to do this to get my CMC set. D:

More often than not I've been able to get the product I wanted, though a few times I've had to try and figure out how to tell them I don't want it. xD; Kinda embarrassing to say "I already have that one..." since people I used to go to school with now work there. :s Usually I go with "Oh, we don't need that one, sorry..." ^^; I usually feel bad, but it's their job and I've never had anyone seem annoyed by it...

Anyways, it's not so bad and the whole point of the customer viewing option is to save you and them from the hassle of processing a refund when you find out they don't have the item you wanted after paying.

Eek, that ended up way longer than I expected ; _ ; Sorry! But good luck when you decide to go down! Hope I helped somewhat. :x

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mapubz1lJr1qfr8p4.jpg this one, maybe? I think it comes with too many accessories to be a part of this line (I'm not actually sure if it's even reached the UK yet or not).

Ooooh okay, thank you! It's been years since I ordered anything that had a variation so I was a little unsure. I know it's their job, but I've been in a similar situation as the worker and it kinda sucks (I also don't know if they have certain sales targets and whether I'd be messing that up. Gah). I do tend to over-think and worry about this stuff, though!

If I get embarrassed I always have the excuse of them being for siblings or something =P
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

hamsteh

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 02:26:21 AM »

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mapubz1lJr1qfr8p4.jpg this one, maybe? I think it comes with too many accessories to be a part of this line (I'm not actually sure if it's even reached the UK yet or not).

Ooooh okay, thank you! It's been years since I ordered anything that had a variation so I was a little unsure. I know it's their job, but I've been in a similar situation as the worker and it kinda sucks (I also don't know if they have certain sales targets and whether I'd be messing that up. Gah). I do tend to over-think and worry about this stuff, though!

If I get embarrassed I always have the excuse of them being for siblings or something =P

Pretty sure that's the one! Whoops! ^^; It'll be a shame if there's only the Luna/Rarity and Celestia/Pinkie, but at least it'll be easier to get the sets we want.. But that set definitely looks too big to be included. D:

Np! :D I order from them quite often, cause my town sucks for toy shops. ; _ ; As long as you're polite about it and don't make things difficult for them I imagine it'd be fine. They really should start having separate catalogue entries for different variations, would make buying from them so much easier. D: I'd order online more for things our Argos doesn't have in, too...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:22 AM »

Pretty sure that's the one! Whoops! ^^; It'll be a shame if there's only the Luna/Rarity and Celestia/Pinkie, but at least it'll be easier to get the sets we want.. But that set definitely looks too big to be included. D:

Np! :D I order from them quite often, cause my town sucks for toy shops. ; _ ; As long as you're polite about it and don't make things difficult for them I imagine it'd be fine. They really should start having separate catalogue entries for different variations, would make buying from them so much easier. D: I'd order online more for things our Argos doesn't have in, too...

Well, I guess it covers them if a set in a line is particularly unpopular :< And yeah, I'll feel a bit better about saying "The one with the white and pink ponies, and the one with the purple and white ones" than "ah, just bring it all down" XD I might actually ask my mum if she can get them for me as she has one of those Argos cards that does 10% discount...

Edit: Mum's said she's happy to 8D. It's not awkward if she tells the staff they're for her daughter, and just doesn't mention that daughter is 20....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:44:57 AM by CupidStrikes »

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:07 AM »
They've been in Smyths and John Lewis for a few weeks now.

hamsteh

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 04:33:34 AM »

Well, I guess it covers them if a set in a line is particularly unpopular :< And yeah, I'll feel a bit better about saying "The one with the white and pink ponies, and the one with the purple and white ones" than "ah, just bring it all down" XD I might actually ask my mum if she can get them for me as she has one of those Argos cards that does 10% discount...

Edit: Mum's said she's happy to 8D. It's not awkward if she tells the staff they're for her daughter, and just doesn't mention that daughter is 20....

That's awesome! :D Good luck getting the ones you want now! n_n
That's great that your mum is willing to grab them too. :D Wish I could get 10% off my ponies! Haha

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:04 AM »
Also in Argos if anyone's looking. :D
I think my local store is a Toymaster but we hardly have any MLP stuff in there

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:58 AM »
That is awesome to hear they are showing up over there for you all :)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:43 AM »
Also in Argos if anyone's looking. :D
I think my local store is a Toymaster but we hardly have any MLP stuff in there

I have heard that Toymaster have stocked these sets. Maybe you'll get lucky?

That's awesome! :D Good luck getting the ones you want now! n_n
That's great that your mum is willing to grab them too. :D Wish I could get 10% off my ponies! Haha

Thanks :3 My mum is pretty awesome as far as mums go. I don't know how she got the card, but I guess anyone over 16/18 can prolly apply for one. I rarely shop at Argos so it's wasted on me lol.

Vulpy

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »
OMG YES! I was worried this would never happen. I hope the UK gets Luna too. If not, that will suck. :huh:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 12:45:09 PM »
OMG YES! I was worried this would never happen. I hope the UK gets Luna too. If not, that will suck. :huh:
I think there's a good chance, when you look at the Argos catalogue listing it says 'selection may vary' so I guess they have the Luna set too

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal