collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mini Figure Set, walmart won't sell it to me??  (Read 1989 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Figure Set, walmart won't sell it to me??
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »
Just because something is coming Sale Not Allowed, and is being "recalled," it's not always necessarily in that sense of the word. It can also mean that Walmart is not going to carry that item anymore, and instead of clearancing it out, they send it back to claims and then back to the manufacturer, where they distribute it elsewhere. That's what happened when we stopped carrying Kindles in Walmart a few months ago.

Or it could be Sale Not Allowed if the item is a promo item in an ad. For example all of the Black Friday items in the ad rang up as Sale Not Allowed the wednesday before when we were setting them out and people were trying to buy them.

However, I believe that the item you're talking about rang up Not On File, and the cashier didn't know what to do, because when my husband bought them for me about a month ago, it happened to him. But his cashier knew what she was doing, and asked him how much they were. He didn't know, and it was so busy and late at night, that she didn't bother to send anyone to look, and sold the three sets to him for the same price as the brushable he was also buying, which was only $5. So he actually made out in that case. haha.

Walmart can be really silly sometimes, and because I work there, I know it is to more extent than most people. lmao
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
Well, if they have the guts to do that to me, I'd just up them and get mine off BBTS, eBay or even Amazon.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »
That sucks, I am sorry to hear that you did not get the set. 

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
I had that same issue with Walmart about a month back when I was trying to buy the set with Rarity/Photo Finish/Hoity Toity. :(  Item wouldn't scan at the register, the cashier didn't believe me when I told her that the item costs $7 or $8 (and that there were a ton of the sets in the MLP section hanging on one of those price tag hook things), and it took about 10-20 minutes for her to get another store employee to try and find it in the system. Even though they could have walked to the toy section, find the MLP area, see the sets, and be back within 2 minutes. ^^;  When the employee came back, she said that the set was actually priced at $9.99. I was too frustrated to argue with her at that point, and just went ahead and bought it (that was the last set I needed). D:

Something I've always wondered: I've been told that if an item was/is on the store shelves, the store has to sell it to you unless it's street dated/marked when it's scanned(like when the Harry Potter books were coming out and certain electronics). Is that really true? I know I've had my mom and a few people tell me this, but I've always been kinda...50-50 on believing it. O_o
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »
I had that same issue at TRU! I just had them scan another set twice since they were all the same price.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
That happened to me once with a friggin' calender. The cashier was rude as heck about it too. I was peeved with Walmart saying that a calendar of all things is being recalled, I didn't shop there for a year. Like what was going to happen with a calendar?!

As silly as it is... my sister had a Calender resent to her last year because the first print of it messed up an entire month. lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Both the Luna and Celestia fashion styles and the Spa set, first wave of wedding ponies, Fashion Friends (With Hoity Toity and Photo Finish), and Class of the Cuties were not in our system when we got them.  I had to manually add each one in at my Walmart.

Good to hear it wasn't just my Walmart being weird at least!
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:40 AM »
What a weird thing to say, they've been recalled? But, now that you mention it, I think mine didn't scan at Walmart either, I bought all three sets together, cashier ended up scanning one twice... but... I wonder why the code on that particular set doesn't want to scan? That's odd in itself.

Still, no reason to not sell you the silly thing... honestly, how hard would it have been to do any number of other things (manually enter, scan one code twice, etc) rather than tell you it's recalled and they can't sell it? Strange!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

popyduggan

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
That's typical dumb manager fluff. I've put items in the system before, all it takes is one scan and few buttons pressed to put an item in their system.

I'm sorry you took a trip down there for them to lie to you like that. In my experience, some managers will do anything they can to brush off a customer who needs something.

TRU is a better choice though, since they're a dollar cheaper and they usually have their system in order. Except for the time when they couldn't ring up the Clash of the CutieMarks set and Famous Friends set for me, they just scanned the Spa set another 2 times. They didn't turn me away though, that's just bad business.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:11:20 AM by popyduggan »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »
I've had problems before with Walmart not being able to find prices for certain items... mine wasn't one of those sets though... it was the Fashion Style ponies (luna and celestia)

Same here!  And then they sold them to me at a higher price than they should have been.  Nearly $20.  This was when I first started collecting them so I had no clue.  I ended up returning them and buying them again later. 

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Same thing happened to me last month when I discovered a single Zecora set at a Walmart. It wasn't in their system, so after the manager arrived and they did some checking, the cashier put it into the system manually (misspelling "pony" :P) and I got it.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
I had trouble when I bought my Famous Friends set. It was coming up as Not on File even when I went and got another one to see if another one would scan better. A CSM had to manually put it on file before I could buy it.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

claricesponies

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
That happened to me once with a friggin' calender. The cashier was rude as heck about it too. I was peeved with Walmart saying that a calendar of all things is being recalled, I didn't shop there for a year. Like what was going to happen with a calendar?!

The stress it causes...Heart Attack I assume

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
I randomly thought of this thread at work today lol.

Anyway, thought I'd put in my two sense. A cashier can get fired for key dumping or double scanning a similar item and selling a non in system item at all kinds of stores. And a place like Walmart that isn't union.. it's a good way to get fired. Basically, if an item isn't in the system, it means it's not for sale. GM Clerks are known for accidentally stocking items that aren't ready to be stocked. The cashiers aren't being stuck up and rude by not selling it. It's their jobs on the line..  -_- I know, it sucks.. but sadly, that's how retail can be. Cashiers and Managers are some of the most hated people.. And people wonder why they're cranky. :P

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
I know at Target, if a movie or a CD (and maybe even games) isn't supposed to be out 'til a certain date and they put the item out early, the register won't ring it up. It will say that it's not available 'til the date it's supposed to be available. There's no way to override it.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal