collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can you hold in your excitement...more of the main 6  (Read 5326 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Can you hold in your excitement...more of the main 6
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2012, 04:16:42 PM »
This is sad really.  I understand the mane 6 being available and etc.

Honestly, the sets with the two pony packs at Walmart for black friday? They have been around forever, sometimes off and on, and yeah they were at a good price for both of them (Cheerilee CMC set plus the Celestia/spike/twilight set). They were STILL sitting there while tons of other things were being picked up. Like maybe 2 sets were purchased..... (I didn't pick any up, sorry :( line to checkout was a no no for various reasons that night)

That's probably NOT a good thing.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
I am afraid the G4 line is going to fail if they keep doing this. Why can't they at least release a couple NEW ponies each wave to go along with the main six? Ponies don't need to end up like Barbie by having the same doll released with different accessories each time.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
I really hope Hasbro sees this thread. Maybe we should send them the link.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Whee.

Well, there's some cash I can put towards buying gently used old ponies from the Arena, eBay, or Etsy... to wit, not directly from Hasbro!  :shakefist: :argh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »
Really?! I am so glad they didn't do this for G1 and G3 and G2. So children are expected to have 7 different Rainbow Dashes in their playrooms.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
I can't say I'm especially surprised... but it's still a little disappointing.
I'm not really expecting anything "new" until after NY Toy Fair in Feb. but I can't help but wonder why they didn't just do a wave of all 6 in the first place. What's the point in the wave of just 4? I suppose just to drag out time through the holidays :huh:
I don't know if I'll get any of these. I kinda want AJ only for the hat. I don't really care about RD's new eye style enough to get her.
Even if Ploomette was in this wave I wouldn't get her since I have the Glimmer Wing ver. already but I was wondering if there would be a new pony in the wave to accompany her. Guess not, at least not yet... *sigh*

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »
I can't say I'm especially surprised... but it's still a little disappointing.
I'm not really expecting anything "new" until after NY Toy Fair in Feb. but I can't help but wonder why they didn't just do a wave of all 6 in the first place. What's the point in the wave of just 4? I suppose just to drag out time through the holidays :huh:
I don't know if I'll get any of these. I kinda want AJ only for the hat. I don't really care about RD's new eye style enough to get her.
Even if Ploomette was in this wave I wouldn't get her since I have the Glimmer Wing ver. already but I was wondering if there would be a new pony in the wave to accompany her. Guess not, at least not yet... *sigh*

Same here. It's kinda sad when the most anticipated character is also a re-release. D :

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 11:19:28 AM »
Glad I spent the money to buy non-Glimmer Wing Ploomette from someone in China on e-bay. Price wasn't that bad with shipping included.

I'm going to echo what I've heard a lot of other people on here say:

Hasbro has a built-in customer base of bronies, cartoon fans who want show- accurate representations of the characters, kids who watch the show and probably have some favorite characters that aren't Mane 6, etc., as well as general MLP collectors who have been collecting for years before G4. If they made every minor and background character into a brushable, release them in sets of 6-8 at a time like they did with G1 and G3, there would be fans that would be waiting on the release day to buy every single one.

Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
That's really disappointing! I will be getting two of the Raritys since I collect all Raritys and I would like to keep this one MOC because it's a new packaging. I will also be getting a Fluttershy for my bestie. I barely buy any G4 ponies. I collect all Raritys, all Cadances, the $5 variants I like and any blind bags that I like. This means most of my money will be going to G1 and G2 ponies.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:45:36 AM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

This. I am not even sure if this next wave can actually be called a new wave and isn't actually more of a case revision.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

MimiTheMuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
Am I the only one thinking that the G4 line is circling the drain? I started to follow that up with a frowny face, but actually, I would love a new gen if it meant NEW PONIES!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »
Am I the only one thinking that the G4 line is circling the drain? I started to follow that up with a frowny face, but actually, I would love a new gen if it meant NEW PONIES!

This is how I feel. It seems like there should have been a fresh bunch of new toys...and well I guess there was for a bit with the Collectors Nightmare moon set and the other brushables.  I rarely see anyone in the Pony aisle and I really don't go that often because I know there isn't anything new or that nothing of interest will be there. I only check if I walk by it or have a feeling that it's been long enough and I should look for something awesome. (And usually be let down!)

We should analyze their financials and see what's up with this line.

Really?! I am so glad they didn't do this for G1 and G3 and G2. So children are expected to have 7 different Rainbow Dashes in their playrooms.

RIGHT?! I love this image :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
I Can't remember the last time anyone ever posted new ponies that are to come out that isn't taobao related.

I feel like my enthusiasm is already sinking down the drain for the G4 line. When I got into MLP, I thought that this was going to be like the original G1 line where there would be a whoooole lot of differently colored ponies to collect from, which I thought was the best idea to ever happen in a toy line, but no at first there were a whole bunch of different ponies, but now it's like they had given up on it. >,<

My reactions throughout the G4 releases:

Cheerilee and Lilly blossom being mixed with the main 6 "OMG I gotta find them!!"

Blossomforth, Cupcake, Lulu Luck, and Dewdrop Dazzle having their own wave "Eeee!! yay more new ponies!!"

Plumsweet, Honeybuzz, Snow Catcher, Twinkleshine, Feathermay and Flitterheart having their own wave after more main 6 releases "Alright new ponies! Out of the usual main 6." This the highest point of my collecting, after this it started to go down from here.

Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie being mixed with more Main 6 "Two new ponies, that's great...I guess."

a few more waves of main 6 before Trixie, Heartstrings, Sunny Rays and Cherrie Berry "FINALLY! Something new..."

New packaged Main 6 "Yayyyyyerrrr....No matter how I look at it, take away the packaging, it's still the main 6 reguardless...>,>; I mean sure yay for more environmentally safe packaging, but still...Main 6 again...Where's Plumette?!"
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »
This is only one more of the reasons why I hope for a G5 soon.  :(  Hopefully it will contain lots of brushable new characters and NOT a central core group that is re-released twenty different times! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »

Well, G2 and G3 kind of did. How many versions of Morning Glory, Light Heart, Ivy, Sweet Berry, and Silver Swirl in G2; and Cherry Blossom/Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash, Toola Roola, and whatever the rest of the Core 7 G3 were there?

I think there were two important differences, though. With G2 and G3 (well, until the very end of G3 when it was ALL Core 7), they re-released the older favorites with a new twist, but still mixed in a lot of new characters in each line. Also, even the most re-released characters in G2 and G3 didn't get like 5+ different versions released of them in one year. The re-releases were done over such a period of time that the children who got the later releases had probably been too young/not even born for the original release of that character, in a lot of cases. You're right, if children are still Hasbro's main target audience, they are not going to want 7 Rarities, or Rainbow Dashes, or Pinkie Pies in their toy boxes, even if they are just a little bit different, or come with different accessories. Kids seem to lose and/or not care about accessories after a while, by and large, that's why the G1 accessories are so hard to come by, and often worth more than the pony. Scarcity.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal