collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?  (Read 12453 times)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »
Seriously, I'm getting worried. Lately the "leaked" ponies have all been either Mane 6 or Blind Bags. Don't get me wrong, I love Blind Bags, but I'd like to see more brushables! Any thoughts, guys?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:12:23 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Re: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
I am worried about this too :/ I want some new brushables!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »
I sure hope not. I don't collect blind bags.. and I only want one of each pony. So if no more characters are released in brushables.. I may stop collecting G4..

I don't really see the point in blind bag ponies. If I was a child, I would only play with them if I had G3.5 playsets to put them with..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
I'm worried because I don't get even blind bags...

And with all that "Exclusive to..."  is more depressing *sad*

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Well we just had a release of new ones so how soon after do they usually release a new set? 

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
I sure hope not. I don't collect blind bags.. and I only want one of each pony. So if no more characters are released in brushables.. I may stop collecting G4..

I don't really see the point in blind bag ponies. If I was a child, I would only play with them if I had G3.5 playsets to put them with..
This

After the release/leaked pictures of Heartstrings, Trixie, Sunny Rays & Cherry Berry, brushable news/leaks have been at a complete stop (from what I see at least) and only things that show up are BB ponies. Pointless how they're only focusing on non brushable and mostly working on BB ponies, I don't even like the BB ponies. Like Kerrie said, If I was a child, I know I'd be bored with them if they can't even rotate their heads or can't brush their hair. If they came with little houses or scenery, I'd probably enjoy them, but they don't even make those!

Why not make it the best of both worlds, make Blind Bag ponies into regular size brushables and give brushables the same poses the Blind Bag ponies have? I would love to have a brushable pegasus or earth pony that's in a rearing pose or a trotting pose unicorn/earth pony.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »

Maybe something like the Petit Ponies Playsets?

Actually, I'd LOVE to get something akin the Petit Ponies.  I used to love them so much.

But actually, I have NO IDEA what size are the BB =P

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
if its helpful to know g4 blind bag ponies do work with the g3.5
ponyville playsets and some of their clothes too.  the shoes for
sure!  (I started a thread about it last month and
people posted some nice pics)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
I am a blind bag addict. But in this past month I have become a brushables addict. Yes, they need MORE. MORE!!! I think they need to release every pony that they have made into a blindbag as a brushable....

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
Hmm.. I do have the G3.5 mermaid ponyville figures. I wonder how they would compare in size? I've never actually held a blindbag. I usually avoid them because I think the money could be used towards a brushable.

I actually liked ponyville.. With the release of the blind bag like figure sets, maybe we will see playsets like little houses or castles? That would make them so much nicer to display!

Still, my heart years for more brushables. I wonder how much longer G4 will go on for?

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
oh if any of you have the ponyville playsets.  the Blind bag ponys fit in them! and i agree..   they keep aking more andmore  blind bags... 

whos heartstringd?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Could it be that they are making what is selling the best? Or are they waiting for Christmas sales? I am confused as the pony isle is so tiny now that I have to search for it at my store.  Thats not really a good sign this close to the biggest shopping season of the year. I saw two brushables the one with suns and the one with cherries. I don't collect these so I don't know their names.  I only saw those two and the rest were main characters.  Then there were a few old sets that have been around for months.  I like the blind bags best myself.  They look the cutest and most like the characters and since I don't really play with my ponies and enjoy looking at them...they are unique and different in comparison to my other ponies. I was a huge ponyville fan though.  So I don't need the brushable quality to be happy but I can see where a child would like them better.  There really isn't any reason they couldn't put hair in the blind bag ponies as they did it with the Dolly Mix line. It can be done but it does cost more I guess.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
With only a few exceptions, I plan on buying brushables only, I've been unhappy with the quality level+pricing of the specialty mini size pony packs and I've got blind bags coming out my ears now.  So I certainly hope that is not the case! 

I'm still awaiting the re-release of FS Applejack, too... ;_;

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
For people who are wishing for more than just the blind bag pony itself, TRU has a set of 12 ponies with 6 little vignette backgrounds and accessories (tea party, musicians, picnic etc). The ponies are replays, but it's a nice little set if you're into the accessories. It's a shame it's sold as one large set, though, rather than a bunch of little ones.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Friendship Celebration Collection Set
Item#: 802083

I'd love to see a g4 ponyville sized castle or house of some sort. A tree house... a 3D tree house... with windows and doors that open and close, and the whole tree on a hinge, so you can close it into a real tree-looking tree, or open it into halves to play with or display ponies. With winding staircases and a bunch of different levels/rooms...

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 09:42:34 PM »
I'm wondering if maybe they're waiting for the new show season? I mean, the last ones came out after the whole royal wedding, so maybe they'll get new ones soon? At least, I hope so!

Blind bags seem like something you would get as an impulse buy or something to appease a child when you don't want to get something more expensive. Honestly, though, if you have the choice of a $2 tiny pony that's easily lost or a $5 brushable, I'd go with the brushable.

Blind bags were cute to begin with but with only a few poses and limited detail they're kind of visually boring and you can't really play with them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal