collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can you help me think up a couple cutie marks please?  (Read 535 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Can you help me think up a couple cutie marks please?
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »
So, I've transformed two of my favorite OCs into ponies and I love everything about them...except their cutie marks! I have a terrible time thinking up these symbols and would absolutely love and appreciate any help! Their names are Off Chance and Only Coal, and I'll give you a bit of description on them if it'd help.

Off Chance-A light pink pegasus with blonde hair and green eyes. He is very energetic, happy, adventurous and always looks on the bright side of life. He loves to try to cheer other ponies up and he has a strong sense of wanting to take care of other ponies that are sad or scared. He always seems to stumble into predicaments by 'chance', so although he doesn't go looking for adventure he somehow always winds up in them. He takes them in stride however and always tries to make the best of it.

Only Coal- A dark gray earth pony with blue air and black twinkle eyes. Ignored by his family he hasn't had very many interactions with other ponies and was mostly raised in the forest by a lone, rogue unicorn. He craves attention and will do just about anything to get it and he doesn't seem to understand the difference between right and wrong. In his heart he isn't a bad pony, but he does often make wrong choices as he's been dubbed worth no more than a lump of coal.  Although he can be suspicious of other ponies, his inherent desire to be accepted always takes over and he can become deeply attached very easily to others.

I don't really have a preference for simple or extravagant marks so long as they fit the pony. My sister suggested actual coal as Only Coal's symbol, but that feels almost too simple. I'd love any ideas! <3

RedSH

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Can you help me think up a couple cutie marks please?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
Just a quick thought but if just coal on its own doesn't suit what you are thinking then how about coal with flames above (such as in a coal fire) but make them blue/silver flames to match his colouring?

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:56:37 AM »
I like the coal on flames idea....or how about a piece of coal with a small crack in it, revealing a sparkling diamond streak?

For off Chance I immediately thought "Coin flip" however, I have no clue on how you'd illustrate that...maybe a coin revealing a different side on each side of the pony?

Best I can do for now :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:25:20 PM »
Thank you guys for the ideas! I'll doodle up some things using them and see if I take to any of the designs. For Off Chance I like the coin flip idea, my sister also suggested rolling dice which is similar, but I wonder, is that more of an idea for like, gambling? Is that what people's minds would first go to?

Anyway, bumping up for any other ideas :)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:02 PM »
For Only Coal I thought an old school compass or a legend from a map with the prominent direction being south rather than north to show how at odds he is.

For Off Chance how about a design based on ripples in a pond since he makes such a difference and it's only a small act that leads to larger things?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal