collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 539
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65418 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1515 on: February 29, 2024, 08:27:04 AM »
good luck BC!!

my dad says they found a white spot on the CT scan so my mom needs to have an MRI. there's definitely something wrong. i've been trying to tell them for a few months. i'm trying not to leap to thinking the worst.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1516 on: February 29, 2024, 02:07:53 PM »
Oh no :( :hug: Whatever it is I hope it's treatable.

The inspection is done. They waited until the last minute to come over. I could have been sleeping this whole time. Anyway, I think it went well. They said the biggest thing was the garbage on my porch, but my neighbor that helps me came by the other day and said she would check on my garbage more often. I told them that and they seemed satisfied with that response. The only reasons they don't want it outside is because it makes the neighborhood look bad and can attract critters. Which I understand. It's just... you know, who wants to keep bags of garbage inside their house? But I can put them by the door until whatever her name is comes by. I really should ask her name.

They didn't even acknowledge the fish tank or my cardboard pile. I was so worried about those.

Earlier in the bathroom I found a trail of ants in the tub coming out of the metal circle overflow drain under the faucet. They were travelling up the side of the tub to the ceiling and I couldn't see where they were going. I put down some of that Combat bait gel and last I checked they had eaten one glob entirely and were halfway through the other one. I'm assuming Martha didn't notice because she didn't say anything.

It's too late to bring up the ants and have them pay for it. I've had the infestation too long, it would be on me to pay an exterminator. I sometimes see a Terminix truck park by the building. I wonder if the other tenants in this building have them too. I only had the regular black ants once. And some carpenters when I first moved in. These little ants are terrible.

If my disability gets reinstated I can use my backpay to get someone to look at the ants. I think I have to still go through Public Housing and I think they pick who you have to get. But whatever. As long as it's someone who can get rid of them, I don't care. I could even take Aster and rent a hotel room for a few days if they need to fumigate or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1517 on: February 29, 2024, 11:11:57 PM »
I am sorry Beth3346. I hoppe it's nothing too serious with your mom :hug:

I am glad the inspection went well BC! But it's terrible with the ants. I can't stop shiver at the thought.

Today when I woke up I almost stepped in a barfed up hairball and then one of the cats has had diarreah in the litterbox. The stench was... :X Neither boys want to eat wetfood now for some reason so I took the suplement pills and put them down their throats. It went easier than I thought and then I gave them kibble which they ate. Hubby and I helped get some hydrosomething for animalteeth around Simbas gum as well. I think I'm ready to get back to bed now, I want to nap.. I have a ten hour workshift today. Luckily it's an easy route *knocks on wood*.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 01, 2024, 06:53:01 AM »
oh no!  get that scan done, it's so important! 

My workplace was getting rid of a bunch of art books that had been living in the storage area for years.  So I have over 100+ books I have to find a home for, because it would hurt my soul to put them in the dumpster. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 01, 2024, 07:05:15 AM »
thanks everyone. we just have to wait until we get the MRI results to know more. i kept telling my dad something was wrong.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 02, 2024, 10:04:20 PM »
Beth fingers & fins & hooves crossed xxx
Squirmy hope you find good homes for the books xxx
Beldarna your poor cats xxx
BC I hope the disability gets reinstated; you need it!!!
Cowboy all the best wi your script!!!

Made noisy coffee & it was good. I'd borrowed CDs from somebody there & managed to return them. I found a simple crochet hat pattern & am following it. Was doing a little sorting & accidentally knocked over my retro grooming parlour, to discover Peachy had no blanket!!! So I crocheted her a pastel yellow one & used some green ribbon to tie it on. Making the holes was easy: chain 2 a couple of stitches from the end, then next row stitch into the chains. The ribbon threaded through nicely & it suits Peachy.
Due to naps & sleep I missed one of my packages & they have to redeliver it. I did get two others, including one from Five Little Diamonds, which was the pearly Pony set with mini Glory. The box is so cute I think I want to keep it intact, though of course the plastic bits are off it.
The fish stickers also came so I'll be getting them up.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 03, 2024, 03:06:06 AM »
It has been a slow Sunday morning. I've slept through it all. We're gonna go to the cinema in an hour to watch Dune 2. Literally walk. On the ice. Will be fun, lol, but we both need to move our bodies a bit. We're gonna bring our bikes so we can bike home :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1522 on: March 03, 2024, 03:13:53 AM »
Ugh, I'm still not sleeping. I got like 3 hours and I'm wide awake. At least I remembered to take my night meds at a decent time.

I'm going to work on ponies today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 03, 2024, 07:51:45 AM »
DUNE!  I love that book and the new movies. I don't know if we will be able to see part 2 in theatres because of husband's surgery recovery but we will try... first we have to get my car started and not be possibly stranded wherever we go!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 03, 2024, 09:05:29 AM »
we went over to my parent's house yesterday. they seem to be pretty unconcerned. i don't know what to make of it. we should find out more about the MRI results Monday. my mom is also going to have physical therapy to work on building up her leg muscles. she used to walk around the block and walk on her treadmill but she stopped because she was having pains in her hip. she used to work through it but she kind of gave up. i still think she never bounced back from her cats passing. they were pretty much all she talked about for a long time.

today we're going to an event one of my coworkers is having. it's a long drive so it's going to be a long day. once i get out of the house i should be more energized. dragging myself out of the house is usually the hardest part. i've become such a homebody ever since we moved from Houston. i used to be one of those people who would be up for leaving the house after 11pm. now i'm asleep by 9:30pm. of course back then i did freelance work so i could sleep in late if i wanted to.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 03, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »
Beth3346, I hope your mom has nothing serious. :heart:

---

:shy: Hello everyone! I'm back! :lol:
I have been away from home for about two months and..I still am BUT now I have my laptop and fast internet!  :yippee:
I've visited the forum a couple of times using my phone, but I couldn't bring myself to start writing here, because it's really awkward and annoying. :pout: It has been really strange to be without a laptop for a long time and now it feels strangely funny to be able to write with it! ^.^
The reason why I have been away from home for a long time is that my and my spouse's help is needed further away from my home. So I myself am doing very well and it's wonderful to be able to write here again! :heart:
I hope you all have had a nice start to the year. Well, I'll find out after I read all the posts here. :)
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 04, 2024, 01:20:26 AM »
lovesbabysquirmy It was so good to watch in a theatre, but nothing is more important than your husbands recovery. I'm not sure how it would affect your husband, but there were very sharp contrasts between dark and light and no sound to loud sound so keep it in mind. At least at home you can control the volume and keep a soft light to soften the contrast.

Beth I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your mom today!

HoM Welcome back! :hug:

I've had a slow morning. Gonna make som chilli for John today (he is still not sick of it :blink:) and some diamond painting. Need to find a new book to borrow to my tablet. Shift starts at five with a layover so lots of free time today :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1527 on: March 04, 2024, 06:35:09 AM »
Beth, I'm keeping your mother in my thoughts :heart:

HoM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back, my friend :tackleglomp:

I finally got some sleep! Not a whole lot, about 6 hours. With the four or so I got yesterday that's okay for me (I usually sleep 9 or 10 hours each night).

More ponies today. I am officially over my pony slump :cheer: I'm happy to be working on them and it's fun again :D

Also today my new chair comes. My current chair broke a while ago. The armrest screws broke off and the back attaches to the arms, so the back of the chair is hanging to the side. This also causes the other armrest to tilt to the side and it's been very uncomfortable. I had found a chair on Amazon that I liked, but it was almost $300. The other night I was browsing Walmart.com, just looking at their clearance items, and they had almost the exact same chair but for $60. I had to get it :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 04, 2024, 06:40:41 AM »
yay comfy chair!  my chair is from like 1905, it's really an antique.  And NOT comfortable at all! 
The Bad Trader List

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 04, 2024, 03:34:07 PM »
haven't heard anything from my parents today. i'm not sure what to make of that :huh:

update: i called them and they haven't heard anything  :huh:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 05:11:53 PM by Beth3346 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal