Pony Talk > Off Topic

Candles

<< < (18/19) > >>

BlackCurtains:
Everyone is having an after xmas sale. Yankee large jars and tumblers are $15 and Goose Creek has a bunch for $13, single wicks are $5. The Strawberry Shortcake candles are on sale too. B&BW has candles for $10.

shockponie:
I bought a couple Bridgerton candles today from B&BW on the B1G1 Free sale. I love that show, so I was waiting until they went on sale.  :biggrin:

shockponie:
Today 3-wick candles are $12.95 at Bath and Body Works. I’m hitting them up during lunch because they just released new summer scents that I want to sniff.  ^.^

Shaiyeh:
This thread has gone under my radar o:
I like candles, but I feel like I don't *know* how/when/etc to use them xD like I know how to light a candle, to let it melt to the sides the first time and such, but I don't know *when* to candle? I have a small collection of scented candles next to my work space, that I will sometimes take the lid off to sniff, but yeah. I have a giant Caramel Swirl Yankee Candle that I love the smell of. I would also love to get some strawberry scented stuff, but I am holding off since I just never... burn them.
What do you guys do with them? When do you burn the candles? Someone teach me how to be into candles please, lol.

We also have two cats, one of which is Orange and will get into everything so we often use battery candles. I am also awfully scatterbrained and scared I'll forget I'm burning a candle -.-'

BlackCurtains:
My orange cat lit her tail on fire once... so glad I was there to put it out because she had NO idea. Sweet Mousie. I miss her.

I would suggest lighting a candle when you are working, since they are already by your work space. I like to light mine while I'm at my desk. It's hot now though and I always have the fan on, so I've been using them less because they don't burn very well with a breeze on them.

But yeah. When you know you are going to be at your work station for a while, I would light one :) If you need to get up for any length of time, like to make something to eat, blow it out so your kitty doesn't get too curious.

As far as forgetting, just put it close to where your line of vision is. Like, if you're working on an iPad or something but it above that, so it's always in your peripheral. Hard to forget when it's in your face :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version