collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 10 Blind Bag predictions  (Read 13744 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 10 Blind Bag predictions
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »
Ah, that one. Yep, she's a mystery! Definitely testing the Snips cutie mark, but besides that...? If she is a prototype for a specific wave 10 pony, and not just miscellaneous testing, my best guess would be Aunt Orange, seeing as her husband's been released three times now:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other, variously plausible contenders:
Spoiler

love it :D
oh loving aunt orange, who is her husband, oh is that mosely ?  :lol:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 02:58:17 AM »
I don't know about it being an Aunt Orange figure. Seems a little too general in mould terms... :huh:

I'm guessing they'd invent a new character, you know, something like Scissory Snips or something. There is a remote possibility that this is a upcoming season 4 spoiler, maybe she's Snip's mother :huh:.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 03:59:35 AM »
I don't know about it being an Aunt Orange figure. Seems a little too general in mould terms... :huh:

I'm guessing they'd invent a new character, you know, something like Scissory Snips or something. There is a remote possibility that this is a upcoming season 4 spoiler, maybe she's Snip's mother :huh:.

I think the orange one with the scissors is just an error or a test, I'd be very surprised if it ended up getting a release.  Plus a lot of side characters get a general mold release; I think about 1/4 of each wave are background characters, after all, including Uncle Orange.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 04:41:33 AM »
If Cheerilee can't get her own mold...

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 04:50:17 AM »
I wish they would do some of the common background pony vectors as molds, since really they mostly use the same handful over and over in the show.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:01 AM »
I wish they would do some of the common background pony vectors as molds, since really they mostly use the same handful over and over in the show.

Thisss. I would really like to see a blind bag of the Lyra/Amethyst Star/Sea Swirl model. Poor Luna didn't get a unique mould, though, so I won't hold my breath  :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 07:04:31 AM »
Technically Sea Swirl uses a different model than the other two -- but the same as Minuette -- but they are very similar, and I can't imagine Hasbro making two if they went so far as to make one.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Really, all they'd have to do is take the wings off the Dash mold and add a horn, or make it an earth pony for ones like Roseluck. Would that be so difficult?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
Ah, my bad, I hadn't see Sea Swirl's tail in a while, but I always thought she looked the same as the others xD They could use the Cherry Berry/Berry Punch earth pony model, too. That one gets re-used a lot.

I must admit, I am liking the look of the coloured ponies rolled in glitter. I didn't care for Wave 4 but these look a lot more interesting. And like sweets. Nom.

I still don't understand why Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle haven't had a blind bag release yet =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »
Ah, my bad, I hadn't see Sea Swirl's tail in a while, but I always thought she looked the same as the others xD They could use the Cherry Berry/Berry Punch earth pony model, too. That one gets re-used a lot.

I must admit, I am liking the look of the coloured ponies rolled in glitter. I didn't care for Wave 4 but these look a lot more interesting. And like sweets. Nom.

I still don't understand why Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle haven't had a blind bag release yet =/

I am betting on a Mini Figs pack for the pair of them. We know the moulds for them exist due to the Russian releases and as you say it seems very peculiar so many random characters would have a release but not 2 main characters.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:02 AM »

I am betting on a Mini Figs pack for the pair of them. We know the moulds for them exist due to the Russian releases and as you say it seems very peculiar so many random characters would have a release but not 2 main characters.

I hope you're right! They've nearly released the entire named cast of foals except those two  :lol: Hopefully we'll get Babs Seed as well? Or maybe it'll be a three pack with Apple Bloom as the re-release? That'd be awesome, actually.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »

Rainbowshine without glitter. Why not, right?

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2014, 05:20:08 AM »
Ok I'm going to throw something different in here unrelated to the translucent/glittery ones.

I saw this pic today and noticed something interesting.

These ponies are all exactly the same color combos as these (which were found earlier as suspected fakies)

except different molds. Notice even the black one has purple pupils again.
Still hoping these are tests and not fakies but have yet to see any with cutie marks.

Also I put this in the taobao/ebay finds thread before

#5 looks like a reverse color Dainty Daisy and #6 Forsythia in AJ's mold instead of Rarity's.
Maybe another solid color set is in the works too?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:27:46 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2014, 06:23:21 AM »
3377345: I doubt there's a solid color set in the works, because we haven't seen any other evidence of one besides those two reappearers from the Walmart set, both of which are quite plausibly prototypes. After all, all (most of? forget) the G3 characters that the Walmart bbs were based on were earth ponies, and the Walmart set gave them more species variety, so it's hardly implausible that Forsythia was an Applejack before she was a Rarity.

That other pic is fascinating, though. We've also seen those colors in yet another arrangement:

I remain convinced they're fakies, even though they're markedly different from every other fakie we've seen, using the same molds and paint as the real thing. They're sold in specific sets of seven all in the same style, which is very common for fakies (see e.g. those ripoff Aurora Fluttershy plushies that people are thinking are breezies) but not so common for the real thing. That said, I'd be interested in knowing where you found that newest set...

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2014, 08:52:16 AM »
Yeah you are probably right, Violet. I just want that black one to be real so bad  XD
and I know those 2 are likely just factory mash-ups (though we have seen the same bb released in different molds before and they have started re-using some cutie marks...so who knows  :shrug:)
That is interesting there is a 3rd variation on that set of 7!
I'll pm you the link to the set I just saw today. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal