collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does my Blossom have pindot? Or something stranger?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Does my Blossom have pindot? Or something stranger?
« on: January 05, 2024, 05:26:28 PM »
So last week, I bought a small lot of G1's off Ebay, and finally got around to cleaning them all up. One of them, Blossom, has something peculiar going on with her body, and I couldn't get them off with soap or a magic eraser.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As you can see from the pics, she has specks all over. They're mostly on her right side, but there are some everywhere on her body (not on the head, which is also slightly mismatched in color).  At first, I thought it might be pindot, but I haven't been able to find many good pictures of MLP pindot to compare. It looks less like spots of mold, and more like she has enlarged pores. They are very difficult to see unless looking directly up close. I opened her up and her inside is completely normal.  Is this what pindot does, or is something stranger happening, like the plastic disintegrating? And whatever it is, what can I do to fix this?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Does my Blossom have pindot? Or something stranger?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 06:07:05 PM »
Pindot isn't mold :) It's dirt that gets into the pores of the plastic, like a blackhead. It's actually extremely easy to give a pony pindot but it's hard to remove. Use super hot water, as hot as you can stand it and scrape at the spots with the back of a butter knife. I find that to be the best way to get rid of it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 11:38:20 AM »
Yup, what BC said. A hard toothbrush can get the job done as well, but I agree scaping usually gets them better :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 05:11:40 PM »
Pindot isn't mold :) It's dirt that gets into the pores of the plastic, like a blackhead. It's actually extremely easy to give a pony pindot but it's hard to remove. Use super hot water, as hot as you can stand it and scrape at the spots with the back of a butter knife. I find that to be the best way to get rid of it.
I've seen other people refer to mold as pindot before a lot of terms for pony ailments get used interchangeably and it's really confusing and annoying to me
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal