collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When Does The ReRelease Of The G1 Series Come Out?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: When Does The ReRelease Of The G1 Series Come Out?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
I would be really surprised if the specials were "lost".

They probably just don't know that there's a difference between the standalone version and the syndicated version.  Or they might just not care.  "Eh, close enough."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 05:35:10 AM »
I would be really surprised if the specials were "lost".

They probably just don't know that there's a difference between the standalone version and the syndicated version.  Or they might just not care.  "Eh, close enough."

This latter option strikes me as most likely - a combo of "dont care enough to look and go with what works best"
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have an unedited version of Escape from Catrina DVD at home along with the rest of the series. Maybe I should have a look see, if so then I'm pretty sure that I could find a copy lurking around the shops still if this release turns out to be edited.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
I was hoping the DVD with just a few episodes would have the uncut Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina. Does anyone else think that Hasbro must have lost the complete versions since they haven't been seen for years without the cuts? I remember the first when I saw the 2 part Rescue at Midnight Castle and I was upset they cut out "Little Piece of Rainbow." 

Ponyfan
ughh I hate the cut versions!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 03:59:53 AM »
I was hoping the DVD with just a few episodes would have the uncut Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina. Does anyone else think that Hasbro must have lost the complete versions since they haven't been seen for years without the cuts? I remember the first when I saw the 2 part Rescue at Midnight Castle and I was upset they cut out "Little Piece of Rainbow." 

Ponyfan
ughh I hate the cut versions!
Especially what they did to Escape From Catrina.  They cut out the entire reason Catrina and Rep are the way are.  Unfortunately the version I have has a partial salt and pepper fight at the beginning and some minor issues at the end.

Another issue is the movie isn't among the releases.  I got an ad from Amazon for Pony DVD's and one of them was the old release of the movie and $99.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal