collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When Washing Scented Ponies...  (Read 740 times)

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
When Washing Scented Ponies...
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:23 PM »
I have a G3 Party Cake with some wild hair. Otherwise, she's in incredible shape - even smells like vanilla cake!

Will washing her make her scent go away? :S If it will, is there a way that I can avoid having anything happen? As weird as some people say her smell is, I really like it!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When Washing Scented Ponies...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
I THINK the scent's mixed right into the plastic rather than something sprayed on, so it shouldn't fade simply because you washed her.

Maybe try finding a shampoo/conditioner that smells similar to her and using that? There's a brand called Suave that comes in all kinds of scents, I believe including vanilla. I know Walmart sells it, and I believe most other stores (ex. Target, Hannaford) sell it too. It's only like, a dollar for a bottle big enough to do probably 30 ponies, so it's not a huge investment if you end up using it just on ponies.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:37:14 PM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
I have a G3 scented pony - Citrus sweetheart? - and I have... acetoned her off, scrubbed her down, re-rooted her hair, covered her in paint, thrown ink dust onto her... and all sorts of stuff, in the name of art. She STILL smells of citrus after all that!

Offhand I've also washed at least one vanilla scented pony and the scent has stayed. The later wave that Party Cake was part of definitely lose the scent faster than any of the other waves. Don't put her in an oxyclean and you should be fine.

Gogobinsin

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
My G1 Molasses has been cleaned and hair conditioned with a very strong scented conditioner - the smell of that has faded but she still has her original smell :) My Sugar Apple though, she came to me smelling of cigarettes and I managed to get rid of that smell ok but she has no sweet scent at all :(

biologistkid

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
If it is mixed in with their plastic then that makes me feel a little better.

I have some very-lightly-scented shampoo/conditioner that I could use, because her body doesn't really need a deep scrub, just a rubdown, and it's mostly her hair that needs help. I am not sure if going out and buying a big bottle would be a good investment though since I don't buy second-hand ponies very often, so I haven't really had to do many pony-spas that I couldn't do with what I had on-hand.

Thank you!

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
I actually washed a scented pony (G3 Soda Float) without thinking, and her scent faded for a few days then came back strong as ever :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »
On the contrary, I've found that a scented pony's scent sometimes comes out stronger after a good washing. If you used scented soap that might cover it up for a little while, but once the soap smell fades, the scent will be fine. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

biologistkid

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »
If it comes out stronger, that's all the better for me, since I love her smell! Haha.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »
Yes the scent is in the plastic not on the plastic if that makes sense :)

I think you ll be fine washing her and as reanna says, occasionally the dirt and grime or other which has been coating a pony's body or hair turns out to have been masking the scent from the plastic so they could actually smell better!

The only think perhaps would be not to wash her with anything scented heavily enough to cover the smell back up :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »
You should be fine washing her :hug:  she doesnt smell as strongly as some of the other G3's but since her smell is in the plastic, giving her a bath wont make it fade quicker. Sometimes warm water can make the smell stronger as reanna mentioned  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
I have never had an issue washing scented ponies... I have a Coconut Grove who is insanely scented almost gives me a headache when i walk by lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal