collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats up whit these prices?!  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up whit these prices?!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:44 AM »
In Australia prices are usually double.

Blind bags are about $5
Singles $8-12
Fashion Styles $18-25
Talking Cadance $38
Talking Celestia $20
Learn to Walk Pinkie Pie $50-54 (only mentioning because I got her for $30 online lol)
Train set $44 (the special set with the train and 2 cars)

Looking at the online American stores makes me pout.
And don't even think about buying ponies from TRU in Australia, they may be the only place I've ever seen blind bags in Oz but other than that their prices are the worst!

In short, I feel your pain  :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
The shippingcost would be insane =(

Ok so the prices are abit crazy but... in which store did you find them? :D I haven't seen any in my TRU or Coop yet down here, and lets not get started on BR cuz' they haven't had a single MLP in any of the ones I've gone too >.<

So I simply must know where you found them :P

I got them at BR in Stockholm, but Toyrus got the castle,cadance and the new car online :)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
Well I know where I'm heading tomorrow... TRU :D Thanks for the info :)
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
In the UK its not too bad, you can find single ponies for £4.99 (or even a bit less in the supermarkets). Talking ones like Celetia or Cadence are anywhere from £18.99 to £21.99

UK prices tend to be a similar number of pounds as dollars in the US. Sadly the exchange rate just isn't quite good enough to be cheaper to buy from the US even with shipping (I remember when it used to be $1.89 to £1, those were the days...) so I usually end up paying over the odds for my G4s from the US because you never know if a new release will ever make it here or not.

And I'm impatient - lol! :P

Jem :)
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
I understand maybe 150% markup, but 200% or 300% is just crazy.

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
It's no wonder it is so hard to find real ponies in Scandinavia anymore. So few places are stocking them here and I am sure it is because they aren't selling that well due to price.

I know BR has its own god-awful fakies which are quite a bit cheaper or offer multiple ponies for the same price as a genuine one. These beasts are squeezing real ponies off the shelves in most places :(

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:40 PM »
I think what happens with some products is that they come to the US first then are sent on overseas. Depends on the distribution chain.

Buying on Taobao has showed me a lot of this. Buy pony $$ ->shipping to agent $$->agent fee $$->ship to US $$$$->currency conversion fees $$. Looks cheap on Taobao and then the final price is about the same as local shops. And the shops have to take their cut of the $$ too.

Now add to that shipping $$ to overseas (Europe in this case) and the final price makes more sense to me. Everybody who touches the merchandise (ponies here) have to take their cut of the $$ too. >_<
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
Yeah I figure it has to do with all the shipping costs because of where it's distributed.

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 03:29:09 AM »
I have always envied American prices when I started collecting Pokémon figures and such in year 2007.
Bling bag ponies cost here 2,45€-3,00€ ($3,00-$3,70), single ponies are 8,00€-10,00€ ($9,85-$12,30). I actually paid 12,00€ ($14,80) for my Apple Jack because they had added a wrong price for the product. I really want the pink talking Celestia but she costs 30,00€ ($37,00).
BR-Lelut (BR-Toys) also nowadays has been overrun by fakies. as you can see here:
http://www.br-lelut.fi/Haun%20tulokset.aspx?q=My%20little%20pony
Makes me sad. :<

What!? You Swedish already got all kinds of wedding ponies? Where's our stuff? Dangit Hasbro Finland-!
Well I'm going two weeks later to Idea Parks huge Toys 'R' Us, hopefully there's some new ponies.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »
Back before the € dropped in worth compared to $/¥ so badly lately, I used to buy even the Playful Ponies in the US and have them shipped here. I'm not a MIB collector, and US shipping is cheap. So they STILL cost me less AND I could have them earlier.

Right now, I really really ponder about doing that, tho. I had helpful members here pick up a few US exclusives lately, and I shivered at the exchange rate. The same with the ¥. I am CRYING at how bad the exchange rate is right now. :<

So yeah, dilemma. Since the singles usually cost around €7 here. The FS €15. ...and the playsets.. DON'T GET ME STARTED. If I ever get the castle, I will wait for it to go on clearance. The playsets always do, b/c of being so dang expensive for what little plastic they are. xD

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 04:55:19 AM »
Oh my god those prices are nutty! I feel bad for collectors :-/

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »
I know how you ponies feel, here in Mexico the prices are about the same, I've been wanting to get my hands on those lovely fashion style ponies but they cost a whooping equivalent to $30 each

prices have always been about double here though so we're used to it, the problem is that since the peso has dropped a lot lately ponies seem more expensive than ever, not to mention we don't get all the ponies released in the US, especially those store exclusives :sad:

I'd say buying ponies from the US isn't so easy since especially for European collectors shipping prices can fill the difference from buying them in the local stores
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:25:16 AM by Silver_mirror46 »

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 01:28:28 PM »
I think what happens with some products is that they come to the US first then are sent on overseas. Depends on the distribution chain.

Buying on Taobao has showed me a lot of this. Buy pony $$ ->shipping to agent $$->agent fee $$->ship to US $$$$->currency conversion fees $$. Looks cheap on Taobao and then the final price is about the same as local shops. And the shops have to take their cut of the $$ too.

Now add to that shipping $$ to overseas (Europe in this case) and the final price makes more sense to me. Everybody who touches the merchandise (ponies here) have to take their cut of the $$ too. >_<

Items dont go to the US and then to Europe - they ship direct from China to either the US or to Europe subject to whether they are Hasbro US or Hasbro Europe items. Likewise items ordered by Hasbro Australia from Hasbro Europe will go straight to warehousing in Australia. So there is no reason for the extra costs to be a result of multiple shipping.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal