collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats up whit these prices?!  (Read 3008 times)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Whats up whit these prices?!
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »
Most of the wedding ponyies have come to sweden now, and I was so excited. But my jaw droped when I got to now what they wanted for them:
The castle: 69$
Bridle freinds: 27$
Cadance: 40$
Flower Filles: 33$
3-pack blind bag since ponies: 19$

:shocked: Do they cost that everywere?

At first I kinda wanted the whole set but I cant really afford it  :(
I did buy Pinke Pie, the apple family set and pony weeding set

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Whats up whit these prices?!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »
Whoa! Did you see those prices in a store or on a website?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
In a store, and this is the store that has mlp cheapest -.-'

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
Sheesh, that's 2 times the amount of US prices. :\

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Whaaat? That's crazy! You might get a better deal on ebay even :shocked:
My Wish List

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »
Seriously, get an American to buy you the sets and mail them to you. It'll end up being way cheaper. You're paying double on everything except the Bridle Friends ... you're paying 3x more for them.  :shocked: And that's just awful.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Trish

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 12:42:55 AM »
Yeah I've actually stopped buying in stores... The prices just make me sad.

Wantlist | Swaplist (OLD!) | My trades/sales (OLD!)

Offline yum-yum

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Yummie!
    • View Profile
    • ThePonyBusiness
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:51:47 AM »
Welcome to Europe.... You Americans will jawdrop at the prices they are being sold for over here. The average "normal" price I pay for a single is €8 (about $10-$11) and yes, I have receipts to prove it. It's so frustrated, because buying from the US might not always be cheaper. Think about the shipping.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:08:57 AM by yum-yum »

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:59:20 AM »
Ok so the prices are abit crazy but... in which store did you find them? :D I haven't seen any in my TRU or Coop yet down here, and lets not get started on BR cuz' they haven't had a single MLP in any of the ones I've gone too >.<

So I simply must know where you found them :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:06:21 AM »
Pony prices seem to be ridicolously high in the Nordics, then...
Ok so the prices are abit crazy but... in which store did you find them? :D I haven't seen any in my TRU or Coop yet down here, and lets not get started on BR cuz' they haven't had a single MLP in any of the ones I've gone too >.<

Coop has ponies too? (they're over here but I'm seldom near one :P ) Must check. The Brio toy stores have ponies, I've never checked a BR but I guess they wouldn't have them there if they don't in Sweden.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
Pony prices seem to be ridicolously high in the Nordics, then...

Coop has ponies too? (they're over here but I'm seldom near one :P ) Must check. The Brio toy stores have ponies, I've never checked a BR but I guess they wouldn't have them there if they don't in Sweden.

Yeh Coop has had a bunch of the Traveling ponies and Glimmer Wings. And that's also where I found the Wave 4 Blind Bags - which ironicly TRU dont have XD
As for BR they've only had those horrible "Pony" things, not any real MLP. However the BR's in Copenhagen have had a bunch of MLP's so I've been doing trips over to Denmark to pick up alot of what they don't sell here XD (One of the benefits with living in Malmö and close to another country XD)

Oh, and maybe I should add that it's Coop Forum I've found the MLP's in. Haven't seen any MLP's in Coop Extra or Coop Konsum.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:27:44 AM by Desert Rose »
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline blu_clouds

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 03:48:15 AM »
Whoa!  That is crazy expensive!  You know, they don't sell ponies of any kind in Korea and I sure wish they did, but not at that price!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:39 AM »
Welcome to Europe.... You Americans will jawdrop at the prices they are being sold for over here. The average "normal" price I pay for a single is €8 (about $10-$11) and yes, I have receipts to prove it. It's so frustrated, because buying from the US might not always be cheaper. Think about the shipping.

This is so true! We get the steepest prices over here...although I think Scandinavia seems to suffer the worst for rates.

But then again its pretty standard that items are priced "in line" with a country's economy. Personally I have always found Norway and Iceland two of the most gorgeous but also most expensive countries to visit when it comes to "daily life". I thought I was so lovely buying the first round when I was in Iceland for the first time and honestly thought the bar man had the decimal point in the wrong place when he gave me the total :P. All you have to look at is something like the Cost Of Living Index and you get a rough idea of where ponies are probably more expensive. http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp - Ponies & World Economics - seriously they should be used as a course example :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 04:18:34 AM »

This is so true! We get the steepest prices over here...although I think Scandinavia seems to suffer the worst for rates.

But then again its pretty standard that items are priced "in line" with a country's economy. Personally I have always found Norway and Iceland two of the most gorgeous but also most expensive countries to visit when it comes to "daily life". I thought I was so lovely buying the first round when I was in Iceland for the first time and honestly thought the bar man had the decimal point in the wrong place when he gave me the total :P. All you have to look at is something like the Cost Of Living Index and you get a rough idea of where ponies are probably more expensive. http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp - Ponies & World Economics - seriously they should be used as a course example :P

Hehe well indeed. I had a friend over from England a while back and he was constantly shocked at the prices on stuff here. I remember especially he was complaining on how expensive a loaf of bread was here in Sweden compared to England XD

That beeing said, I never actually realized our prices on things were so high in comparison to the rest of the world untill he came here and started complaining O.o I guess I'm just used to the prices, plus - if I understood him right - we also make more for a job than other countries so it sorta evens out.
~*Erica*~

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 04:24:22 AM »
here in austria (middle of europe) i think its ok with prices: i just have fashion style pony prices in mind: 14,99eur == 18,50 US$

but with shipping costs its the same as from the USA - i pay 10eur for 1 pony within europe! O___O
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal