collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MIP ribbons ID and offer  (Read 1510 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MIP ribbons ID and offer
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 05:58:59 AM »
I've always thought Windy's ribbon (if we're talking Year 2 Windy) was more the basic yellow than the orange tint of the one above.  I agree about CJ's ribbon--it is more of a chartreuse color.  Firefly's looks right; I think Year 2 Cotton Candy also came with that color or very close to it.  Parasol also looks correct, but it's hard to tell!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 06:41:03 AM »
Most of the early ponies had matching ribbons and brushes?

Anyone know what ponies did not have ribbons that matched brushes?- actually that might be a question that has too many to list.... Maybe a better question: What year did the ribbons stop matching the combs/ brushes?

I know Mimic stands out in my mind has hiving an yellowy orange ribbon and Light pink brush, actually I think that all the TEs had different color brushes and ribbons?

Any idea which pony that yellow w/ orange tint ribbon might go to then?

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »
note about the early ribbons.
Blues and Greens. the blue part of the dye fades SO easily. SO VERY easily. I've seen plenty of cherries with completely faded blue out of the green ribbons, so only the yellow is left.

The 84 version of Cherries has a yellow-Green ribbon. But, I am unsure about the SS version of her. I have the SS Cherries MOC, her ribbon is completely yellow. I don't know if it was supposed to be that way, faded, or is an error. I also got a complete SS cherries with all accessories matched to another collector's MOC (from hudsonpelican on ebay), her MOC also had a yellow ribbon.

So, while Moondancer is a light blue, and the original NSS Cherries should be a more yellow-green the actual shades will vary. A lot of cherries ribbons will turn yellow, and moondancer's almost white.

Chip-
Off the top of my head, 1983- with the sea ponies.
1984 almost all the sets. Example, Posey: blue butterfly brush, green ribbon.

Looking at the labeled picture, there are a couple errors. the MIP you have for Quackers came with an 87 or later pony, and the golden one looks like it could be Rainbow Curl Ringlets. Cherries ribbon should be wider, and more of a yellow green.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:06:32 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
Yes, Year 1 & 2 are the years where the ribbons match the combs/brushes (with the exception of the sea ponies).  Year 3 they rarely match--Sparkler has a dark pink ribbon w/ a white moon comb, Heart Throb has a light blue ribbon, with a chartreuse moon comb, etc.--and as far as I know Hasbro never matched them after that.

Fantastic Firefly is right that the blue and green ribbons seem especially prone to changing color.  Bubbles' ribbon is supposed to be light green, but it often just looks yellow.  And you can imagine how bad Bubbles looks with a *yellow* ribbon! 
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »
I want them!!!  I WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait  . . . I guess that wasn't very helpful.

Seriously though, I'm sooooo jealous.  I LOVE original ribbons and I'm buyin' if you're sellin'.

. . . still not very helpful.   :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal