collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies  (Read 10466 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
Ok,
Hyenacub, Varkolak has first dibs on the Midwest, but I'll put you as 1st standby for it if she decides not to.

Carlabarla, that sounds so cool! You are in :)

Wiccanpony, that's so awesome! And I'll PM you about Twi-sites once this gets the go-ahead.

coinoperatedgril- I LOVE Rhode Island! It's so lovely, you are so in! :)

Pythia, I LOVE the idea of having New Zeland in, so I am putting your name on it, but I need to get more postive feedback from you, I'll PM you about it.

I will PM everyone who has 1st dibs about the final details so I can get this puppy- or pony- rolling.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:31:27 AM by Salli »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
Ok,
Hyenacub, Varkolak has first dibs on the Midwest, but I'll put you as 1st standby for it if she decides not to.

if Hyenacub wants midwest area, they can have it if they'd like. they're probably closer to more fun places than i am. i'm in farm land! just let me know! i'd be happy to let them have the spot, but would be just as happy to keep it as well. either way works.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
hm, this sounds very nice. ^^ but i´m still not sure, also because of the shipping costs.
do you still need someone in germany? but i don´t live close to anything spectacular. XD i could take a picture in front of our well where all our old local tales/myth are represented. that wouldn´t really represent germany but my hometown, anyway. ^^"
the next bigger thing i can think of, is the university in Münster, for example.

could we send in also another light-weight doll or plush? :D

~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

jelzar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »
What an amazing idea! good luck with it, i cant wait to see al the photos!!

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
I sent a reply to Salli, but I'll also make mention of one of the points here:

In the US, it's -probably- cheaper for us to ship at once instead of individual, but that quite possibly changes for people who're international. Non US people may want to check shipping costs to the countries listed so far and see what'd it be like, roughly, for single vs herd shipping.

I'm also not against sending a few dollars to non US people to help defray the costs of shipping. I know prices are fairly high (Canada and NZ/Aus for example) and wouldn't mind helping with that.

Offline carlabarla

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://seethecee.deviantart.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
for shipping from canada small package is roughly $6-7 to US and to most of europe. the down side to this is it can take 2-4 weeks to go to the states and up to 9 week to go to europe and farther its longer because it goes by boat not plane.
air i know can be $7-10 to US and up to $17 for across the sea, but the wait time is shorter.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:56 PM »
i plan on picking up a G4 travel rarity from the store to use, i'll probably customize her a bit, but that way she'll be a little smaller and shipping will be cheaper.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
I could always take it to the RCMP heritage museum we actually train pretty all the Mounties here in regina, and could take it to see mega munch our trex

Been there! I wonder if my husband would let me take pictures of ponies on his Stetson... probably not! XD

This would be so cool. I might join if we only had to ship once or twice- shipping anywhere from Canada is really expensive, so to mail a dozen separate ponies could be over $100.

EDIT:  PS- I'm in Eastern Canada. Lighthouses, oceans, fun stuff!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:45:16 PM by EmberBright »

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »
So, picture me in front of a big world map with tacks in it and string :) Phones ringing and people running about. I may need a big, fluffy white cat to stroke as I plan our ponies' tour.... ;)

I am seriously thinking that all at once would be the best. Some of us (I know me and Kiwi at least) can chip in to help those who have to ship it internationally. I can also be the last stop so I have to pay to ship everyone's back to them individually. I was going to send a g1, but I think Varkolak's idea about customizing a smaller pony would be best.

If you really, really don't want to do them all at once, let me know and we can work something out :) Carlabarla, I think I will have you ship to me in Oregon so maybe it will be faster. I am not going to post an open sign-up unless someone backs out. I will send you the entry form in a PM as soon as I get approval.
I will definitely require people to hang on to their receipts for shipping.

Emuel: Thanks! But I think we want people who are willing to go to some landmark-place. I'll PM you if this changes though :D

Post Merge: March 19, 2012, 12:53:12 PM

Emberbright, how far from you is Prince Edward Island?
Your location sounds amazing! I am thinking I am going ahead with the all-at-once program.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:56:45 PM by Salli »

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 12:56:56 PM »
Im so looking forward to this:) Im going to get a G4 at the weekend and customizer her ready for her holiday x

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
OK, I definitely want to be a part of this, but I just looked at the timing; we're moving either at the end of May or the end of June (from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, so still eastern Canada), so if I could be toward the end of the list, it would work best (I should know in April when exactly we're going). If that's a problem, no hard feelings, I don't have to participate. Just thinking. :)

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
I have you as the 2nd-to-last on the list Ember :) That should work- happy moving!

Ok, I just sent the low-down to one of the mods for tweaking/approval. I'll let you know when I know :)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »
I'd be in! New Zealand represent!
I was thinking maybe it would be best done one pony at a time rather than all together - like, I send my pony on to to Wiccanpony, who sends theirs to fiwen who sends theirs to Squirtbottle, etc. Then, once you've taken your pics with the pony you've recieved, you send it on to the next person again. That way it would also possibly save on shipping if they could kind of hop their way across the world and we could send to someone close-ish to us, rather than having to go from NZ to the US then back to Australia and over to the UK etc.

Plus, it would also mean ponies hit the same locations at different times.  For instance, depending on how many people are participating, some ponies may be able to hit the beaches, while another pony may be here later and get pictures while the leaves are changing.

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
I'd love to call dibs for Germany. If emuel is not getting dibs already? :D This is such an awesome idea!

I offer Hamburg, the second biggest city in Germany including some sightseeing. Also we could hit some bars or heavy metal parties. Depending on time we also drive to the north sea or baltic sea and go to the beach.

I have no problem with shipping oversea, too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:40:32 PM by puuush »

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
LOL, my "region" was gone before I even saw this thread.

Fist bump to mah Oregon peep, yo!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal