collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with old Customs  (Read 886 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
What to do with old Customs
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »
I just wonder about this topic I have some old custom ponies though Im not sure if I should keep them or just sell them for a low price. What is everyones thoughts on this subject?

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What to do with old Customs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
if you have no interest in them anymore, it might be good to offer them to the community to buy. lots of people just love custom ponies for what they are, regardless of what they look like. im sure your ponies will find good homes if you decide to give them up.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:13:49 PM »
I've heard people suggest offering them for sale to the creator first in case they'd like them back, then sell to the community if not. Even eBay, just be sure to include in the description who their creator was and that they are 2nd hand, in case of age wear.

Pricing is a common question too. What you bought them for or less I think. I've bought some of my favourite customs 2nd hand for a more than fair price.

Honestly if you feel that you no longer enjoy them as much as you once did then treat them like regular MLP and find them new loving homes. It's sad when custom ponies are found in thrift shops.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »
If they're customs you made, you can sell them for whatever price you like; I've bought customs "on sale" from their original creators who needed space/didn't want to finish the custom (for example, I have several cute almost-finished ponies waiting for hair!), and I loved them just as much as if I'd paid full price! :)

If they're customs you've bought, you can still sell them for whatever price you like, since it's your property! ;) But I have heard many customizers state that they would like the chance to buy back their old customs if it ever came up, so that is something to consider! If you can't remember who made what pony, you could always list them here and see if anyone else recognizes them.

I agree with Tulips' final sentence, it's better to find them nice homes here than to send them to the thrift shop! You could even offer them up for trade, if you wanted! Many options are open to you! ^^
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:47 AM »
I was wondering this too.  I love all my ponies but my custom doesn't quite fit in with the rest so I'd be happy to let her go. 

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:47:51 AM »
If they're customs you made, you can sell them for whatever price you like; I've bought customs "on sale" from their original creators who needed space/didn't want to finish the custom (for example, I have several cute almost-finished ponies waiting for hair!), and I loved them just as much as if I'd paid full price! :)

If they're customs you've bought, you can still sell them for whatever price you like, since it's your property! ;) But I have heard many customizers state that they would like the chance to buy back their old customs if it ever came up, so that is something to consider! If you can't remember who made what pony, you could always list them here and see if anyone else recognizes them.

I agree with Tulips' final sentence, it's better to find them nice homes here than to send them to the thrift shop! You could even offer them up for trade, if you wanted! Many options are open to you! ^^

Acutally these are my old customs. Sorry if i didn't clarify that.  I dont have the heart to sell something someone else made for me. I am very grateful for everyone's advice. I see if I can put them up over at the custom board for sale or put them on my trade post. I am trying to give them new homes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:49:58 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 06:12:43 AM »

Acutally these are my old customs. Sorry if i didn't clarify that.  I dont have the heart to sell something someone else made for me. I am very grateful for everyone's advice. I see if I can put them up over at the custom board for sale or put them on my trade post. I am trying to give them new homes.

Ahh, I see! I feel similarly to you, I'd feel bad trying to sell someone else's work! I will keep an eye out for your post, it sounds very intriguing! Best of luck with your sales! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 07:12:33 AM »
if they are ones you made you can try to sell first

then, if they don't sell, you can consider stripping them to redo them or make them into something else
*I have stripped one and made it something else, and I stripped 2 that i'm redoing...and I've known at least a couple other customizers who have stripped old customs and made something new

if you're wanting out (ie not wanting to make customs anymore), and no one is buying them for price $X, you *can* just toss them in a lot with baits and other parts like hair etc and put it on ebay
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
if they are ones you made you can try to sell first

then, if they don't sell, you can consider stripping them to redo them or make them into something else
*I have stripped one and made it something else, and I stripped 2 that i'm redoing...and I've known at least a couple other customizers who have stripped old customs and made something new

if you're wanting out (ie not wanting to make customs anymore), and no one is buying them for price $X, you *can* just toss them in a lot with baits and other parts like hair etc and put it on ebay

I'll strip down customs if they don't sell, especially after about a year (or less, I don't like to sit on customs). I lower prices, but sometimes it's hard to sell that much time for an extremely low price (or even lower than what the actual base ponies value is).

Maybe hold a contest to clear some out or a make an offer auction on a FB group?

Good luck clearing things out. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »
I'll strip down customs if they don't sell, especially after about a year (or less, I don't like to sit on customs). I lower prices, but sometimes it's hard to sell that much time for an extremely low price (or even lower than what the actual base ponies value is).

Maybe hold a contest to clear some out or a make an offer auction on a FB group?

Good luck clearing things out. :o)
Well I haven't sold very much in the past. I shall put them up for sale or trade. I have been very sick recently I been trying to get over a horrible cough. I shall see how I am in a few days. :(

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 08:42:48 AM »
I would either strip them down or throw them into a bait lot. Good luck! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal