collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread  (Read 146524 times)

chihua2

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
i'm sorry if someone has posted this already, but i was wondering, is this a new fluttershy plush that's coming up? is it by nici or 4de?visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
Interesting. The 4DE ones were shown at an event recently [cant remember which one sorry!] but I dont think they looked like that exactly. Nici is possible :)

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

chihua2

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2013, 11:36:25 PM »
Interesting. The 4DE ones were shown at an event recently [cant remember which one sorry!] but I dont think they looked like that exactly. Nici is possible :)

oooh...thanks! will have to check out my local retailer for Nici plush then! fluttershy looks really cute! taobao's price looks really attractive too...hmmm...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »

oooh...thanks! will have to check out my local retailer for Nici plush then! fluttershy looks really cute! taobao's price looks really attractive too...hmmm...

She hasnt been released yet if it is her. If it is nici this will be a test or proto. Nici go by catalogue years and right now they are still only going to be carrying Pinkie/RD/Twilight unfortunately.
Loa is my love god!

chihua2

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
oh...that makes sense then...it seems like there is a shop in Singapore (CNS) that is starting preorders for her and she's only due to arrive in feb next year (source:Singapore Bronies Society Facebook group)...

and i checked out the other items in the seller's store. it seems like luna, muffin and applejack are in the works too!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
Hmmm...having seen the others, I am not sure if they are Nici now unfortunately. The Applejack in the middle has been floating around online for a while now. But no one seems to know if bootleg or an official release by someone.
Loa is my love god!

chihua2

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »
Hmmm...having seen the others, I am not sure if they are Nici now unfortunately. The Applejack in the middle has been floating around online for a while now. But no one seems to know if bootleg or an official release by someone.

hmm, okie...i think i best sit tight and wait too before i get ahead of myself..
thanks! :)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »
Time for some sleuthing! To me, they look very similar to the prototypes that Nakajima Corp showed off at the Tokyo Toy Show a few months ago. Same skinny/bendy legs, embroidered eyes, fabric mane with embroidered highlights. Their snouts are a little pointier/curvier than the protos, though. The Fluttershy posted here seems to have the same "double wing" design as the proto pegasi displayed at the TTS, with two different pieces to the feathering. The Applejack here also has a very similar hat, just a bit larger than the proto's and covering the ears.

Apparently the company decided not to manufacture the plush because they didn't get enough orders from large companies, but I also noticed a unique Princess Twilight Sparkle on ebay a few days ago with similar materials, construction, design cues, and a hangtag in Japanese. I thought it was odd that such a high quality plush with a seemingly official Japanese tag would exist (the tag even has a barcode and safety warning not to give to babies), seeing as the only company stated to have similar plans said they weren't going ahead. And now that I look at the seller's other items, they have an Applejack listed which looks identical to the AJ posted here, they even have the same tush tag! And the AJ listed has the same official-looking Japanese hangtag as Twilight.

So, maybe they are Nakajima prototypes leaking out the factory, or maybe the shop in Singapore placed a good enough order to pull Nakajima back into production? Or perhaps it's nothing at all and I'm blowing a lot of hot air. All we can do is wait and see. ;)

[links removed ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:59:08 AM by prancingstag »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »
Awe Rarity, Aj, and Rainbow look cute, Fluttershy looks weird

For Sale Wants

chihua2

« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2013, 10:58:46 PM »
wow! thanks for the info prancingstag! i think the store in Singapore is selling the NICI plush line (from what i can tell from the web and their facebook page)

the pictures you uploaded certainly looks alot like the prototypes from taobao! perhaps that explains the fairly large quantities. i found 2 sellers of the same plush and each had a couple of hundreds in stock!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2013, 11:39:26 PM »
I know Nakajima are not proceeding with a wide release, but its certainly possible they made initial batches and have resorted to selling them indirectly! That makes sense. Hopefully someone who owns one will be able to report what the tush tags say. :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »
A transparent Snails blind bag has appeared. Saw Rainbow Power Twilight Sparkle has appeared too but I don't know if she's new to pony science or not. :P

Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
She's not new but we haven't seen much of her.  Did you notice how many of her there were for sale?  Last time it was only three or so. 

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »
A transparent Snails blind bag has appeared. Saw Rainbow Power Twilight Sparkle has appeared too but I don't know if she's new to pony science or not. :P

Ohmygosh ohmygosh I needs that Twilight!!! Last time she went sooo fast I hope there's more now!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »
She's not new but we haven't seen much of her.  Did you notice how many of her there were for sale?  Last time it was only three or so. 

There's 8 of her listed but as with everything on Taobao that may or may not be accurate. :P
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal