collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread  (Read 146501 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »
I feel indifferent to new BB characters :/
I'm trying to get back into collecting them...I could use em later for a made up board game :P

But I want more brushables that aren't The Lame 6, FCMLC (Forever Cutie Mark-Less Crusaders), and Stereotypical, Helpless, Frou Frou Pink Pony Princess (Cadance)  -_-
I think it's interesting you call Cadance helpless, I like her because she always takes the more active role in fighting evil. As far as I've seen, Shining Armor always ends up enchanted/incapacitated/otherwise running support for her. Could you explain why you feel that way? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 13, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
I'm trying to get back into collecting them...I could use em later for a made up board game :P

But I want more brushables that aren't The Lame 6, FCMLC (Forever Cutie Mark-Less Crusaders), and Stereotypical, Helpless, Frou Frou Pink Pony Princess (Cadance)  -_-
I think it's interesting you call Cadance helpless, I like her because she always takes the more active role in fighting evil. As far as I've seen, Shining Armor always ends up enchanted/incapacitated/otherwise running support for her. Could you explain why you feel that way? :)
It builds up from the Royal Wedding episode, Cadance could've atleast made an attempt to escape from the Canterlot caves (is that what they're called? ) while just sitting there moping and crying around (we don't know what happened before hand, the "prologue" if you will...maybe she did try to escape but got tired? ) She's an alicorn for pony's sake -_- love conquer's all...so shouldn't she muster up the love to escape herself?  :huh:
Also in Three's a Crowd, again she could've saved herself from the giant flower-worm thing :s
Its pretty much up in the air...I'm not taking Shining Armor's side either :P sorry i'm not good at explaining things  >_<

I just wanna see more toys that aren't Cadance or any of the same characters :( preferably brushables...I don't know what's stopping Hasbro...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #617 on: February 13, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »

It builds up from the Royal Wedding episode, Cadance could've atleast made an attempt to escape from the Canterlot caves (is that what they're called? ) while just sitting there moping and crying around (we don't know what happened before hand, the "prologue" if you will...maybe she did try to escape but got tired? ) She's an alicorn for pony's sake -_- love conquer's all...so shouldn't she muster up the love to escape herself?  :huh:
Also in Three's a Crowd, again she could've saved herself from the giant flower-worm thing :s
Its pretty much up in the air...I'm not taking Shining Armor's side either :P sorry i'm not good at explaining things  >_<

I just wanna see more toys that aren't Cadance or any of the same characters :( preferably brushables...I don't know what's stopping Hasbro...

Good point about Cadence didn't seem to hard to escape I mean she has wings! Anyways whats stopping hasbro in my opinion is they think the other characters wont sell as well. They also want the mane 6 on the shelf at all times so if a new fan comes looking they will find them, which makes sense but they are forgetting that collectors, bronies, and kids and parents would all like new characters. I had a friend who wanted to buy some ponies from me for his daughter for christmas I showed him a bunch I had as well as a bunch I could pick up for him, and he said she looked over them and said she has them all expect the black one meaning Chrysalis, but he didn't want the set since she had most of the ponies already. So he chose to buy her other things for christmas.

This is what hasbro hears when we speak to them.

Collectors voice "we need boy characters"
Hasbro then releases lots of boys in the blind bags
Collectors voice "we need big mac"
Hasbro then releases him in a three pack blind bag
Collectors voice "we want ponies from previous gens"
Hasbro releases G3 ponies in blind bags and even two g1
Collectors voice "we need more brushables"
Hasbro releases more variations of the same ponies mane 6, princesses, cmc
Collectors voice "we want G4 brushable minty"
Hasbro releases a G4 brushable minty at a store very hard to obtain and comes with all re-releases expensive set.

I think we all need to be extremely specific and stick to working on them better, just like how G4 Minty was an option on emailing hasbro on the site right? We just need to start doing that  with more characters and get more people involved.

What I don't understand is why not just do mail order ponies or put exclusive characters on hasbro toyshop only make the ponies that sell. And see how they do well show them!

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2014, 05:08:45 AM »
Do you think it'll hit Hasbro if they even saw their targeted audience (little girls) even passing up the current re-releases? <:/
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Do you think it'll hit Hasbro if they even saw their targeted audience (little girls) even passing up the current re-releases? <:/

Possibly yea, although knowing kids if they want a pony they will probably get it anyways and end up with 6 pinkie pies.....

For Sale Wants

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
How well is glitter wisteria selling? She is the last pony released not in a set, thats not a mane 6. If she isn'tselling well as a single pony, but the sets are selling then hasbro would see no reason to continue making them.

If she had sold out it might have gotten hasbros attention.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #621 on: February 14, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »
She sold really well in my area. We have only 2 targets in my city and she sold out fairly quickly. So did Sunset Shimmer's single release. The only things left in them are the repeats and the glittery pinkie pie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 14, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
How well is glitter wisteria selling? She is the last pony released not in a set, thats not a mane 6. If she isn'tselling well as a single pony, but the sets are selling then hasbro would see no reason to continue making them.

I think that would depend. In the UK the glitter ponies are twice the price of the regular playful ponies so if she sold poorly here I think it would be directly related to this. And as a store exclusive, it limits people's access to her. I guess it would be better to measure how well Sunset Shimmer sold compared to the other ponies in the wave and for what it's worth, she (and AJ) are the ones I see the least of.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 14, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »

I think that would depend. In the UK the glitter ponies are twice the price of the regular playful ponies so if she sold poorly here I think it would be directly related to this. And as a store exclusive, it limits people's access to her. I guess it would be better to measure how well Sunset Shimmer sold compared to the other ponies in the wave and for what it's worth, she (and AJ) are the ones I see the least of.

Now that you mention it i havent seen many sunset shimmers in stores.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »
Sunset Shimmer seems very popular around here :D Not sure about Wysteria though; I haven't seen her 'round much, but then again I haven't been paying much attention to the Boutique ponies ^^;.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 14, 2014, 10:29:59 PM »
All the brushables seem to sell really well. Sure, for the first couple weeks after there was a new release (like Sunset Shimmer), the new ones go fast. But after that, it seems to even out and everything sells.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2014, 07:30:22 AM »
All the brushables seem to sell really well. Sure, for the first couple weeks after there was a new release (like Sunset Shimmer), the new ones go fast. But after that, it seems to even out and everything sells.

I would have to disagree in my area I went to a walmart and they had an entire bin filled with mane 6 and they weren't moving at all, like one of those huge display bins since they didn't have room for them and cleaned them because they weren't selling. All the Sunset Shimmers were gone though, and for the blindbags the cakeset is everywhere while the elements of harmony set is hard to find.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:32:25 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »

I would have to disagree in my area I went to a walmart and they had an entire bin filled with mane 6 and they weren't moving at all, like one of those huge display bins since they didn't have room for them and cleaned them because they weren't selling. All the Sunset Shimmers were gone though, and for the blindbags the cakeset is everywhere while the elements of harmony set is hard to find.

The joys of different geographies :) Admittedly, in the two large metropolis Canadian cities that I am talking about, I never saw bins of ponies. Part of the problem of mass amounts of unsold merchandise might just be too much overstock at one time.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
I agree, Catlein...i haven't even seen the PTS fashion style, nor Cadance FS :( I go into TrU here and they have loads and loads of the mane 6 stuff. I hear parents and adults, even children, saying.."They're all ones i/he/she already have it!" Noone cares to buy the same think over and over and you can tell how long the stuff has sat there because of the dust on the packaging.

Offline Pony Adventures

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #629 on: February 16, 2014, 03:15:50 AM »
When Cherry Pie and Diamond Rose Brushables came out, I didn’t buy them. I didn’t like the designs. I was going to pass. Then we never got any new brushables so I got them here from other users.

My guess is that Hasbro figures they had too much variety in G3 all at once so they will deprive us of that and only release one or two every once and a while, packaged with repeats. That way we will be so desperate for the new brushable, it won’t matter if we don’t like the design, it won’t matter if we have to buy 5 other ponies we already have to get this new one. We will eat it up.

Brilliant jerks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal