collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread  (Read 146499 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread
« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »
The new FS fluttershy is noticeably smaller I will say.
That's funny, I thought she looked a smidge bigger than the Boutique Pinkie next to her! I'll have to make a point to notice next time I hit Target.
Took a photo for you :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »
The FS fakies say "2010" on their hooves, so they're not a new, smaller line. Also, they have crystal pony eyes, so they're not prototypes for the very first FS releases.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
That's funny, I thought she looked a smidge bigger than the Boutique Pinkie next to her! I'll have to make a point to notice next time I hit Target.

Oh wow she is noticeably smaller!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2014, 01:13:19 PM »

Oh wow she is noticeably smaller!
Yep I noticed it when I had her next to rainbow power rarity, who oddly is not smaller. No sense lol

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »
well   the Fs  Fluttershy i   got  says my little pony on her hoof.  so    i figured as long as it says that its proably na old   stock or soemthing i mean there WAS  another    Wingless rainbow dash that was sent out and found on taobo was it not/ adn there was no wory that   one was  fake  or  real.  perhaps its just old stock.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
hi, i listed a few on ebay! so that's me. I was going through a few of these are they are made by hasbro for sure. alot of them have the factory numbers or line numbers?? stamped on them and alot don't. The tails are stuck in the hole like any other pony and then have 4 extra spots with a rooted hair feature (like how the mane is).. so theres no need to drill a hole for a tail?? I don't know why anyone would do that since the tails are like all the other generations just the extra added feature, which maybe some sort of test for hasbro's series of ponies in the future? The ponies are the same plastic as the other FS ponies, and same exact hair that is used on the g4 line.
As for the mark up on the ponies, ponies are marked up because I have to make some sort of profit on them. But theres also shipping fees, ebay fees, taobao fees etc so i'm really not making that much in the end off them.

more pictures.. Some actually have no root plugs in there butt's at all some are just in the hole like normal:

Also I couldn't find any of the fluttershys with factory numbers?? or whatever those are on them. But 4 out of the 5 did. also the Twilight with the numbers is dark purple, where the one without is more of a pinkish purple, which resembles her real color in the toy.
I also read people saying the colors look washed out or something? The pinkie pie is actually the matching pink to the standard version of the toy (and brighter then the target fashion styles I have here in front of me)

Fluttershy is my favorite.. I don't have that many left, but I may consider an army of her lol

Am I the first collector to have these in hand? Also, i've been collecting ponies my whole life, and I'm so thrown off by these..

Please ignore my gross finger lol!! I was scraping some black stuff off a pony and i didnt get to wash it off yet :X

I got a bunch too-  and they do look legit.  I thought for sure they were fakies when I bought them- but in hand... they are just too perfect- I collect fakies and these are totally different.  They have perfect factory branding, and the high quality pony hair- I am wondering if they are color tests for the rainbow line. 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 27, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
I'm wondering that myself, Galactica...I don't think they're prototypes, per se, but perhaps tests to see who to make the larger FS ponies of? They appear to be extremely high quality, and i can't understand why a fakie would have the black numbers on the feet, or so much care taken to align the symbols as well as they are. Even the paint for the symbols seems the same as true FS ponies...but i don't think any FS ponies were released with happy eyes AND gem shine in the eyes? Perhaps customizing these guys might be a bad idea...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 27, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
Actually-  they could also easily be "extras" that the factory hired to make the ponies for MLP printed off to sell specifically on Taobao.   I forgot that I had looked into this issue once before. http://www.qualityinspection.org/china-factory-taobao/

So what happens is that Hasbro might order 100,000 of the earth pony mold printed-  the factory that makes them prints 115,000 and puts the extra 15K together a little differently to sell on Taobao (ie puts the happy eyes and slightly different hair combos-  note that the Rarity pony actually has Celestia hair)

The more that I think about it- the more I think that this is what these ponies probably are.  They seem rather numerous for color tests, which generally are fairly limited (there seem to be hundreds possibly thousands of these odd ponies)

I will confess they are shockingly cute and well made.  I think they will make fantastic customs...   

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »

Seeing these two together really shows how ugly Fluttershy's new eyes are. She no longer looks as gentle and, well, shy, as she used to, but looks axe-crazy or wired instead...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 27, 2014, 01:56:59 PM »
I kinda like the new eyes-  she looks more cheerful  :biggrin:

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #535 on: January 27, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
Galactica,do any of yours have those numbers stamped on them?  I have no fluttershys with the numbers and seems only a few in the bunch I got have it.
Also, That's interesting to see the new FS fluttershy is smaller, so that means that hasbro did scale the molding a bit smaller to probably cut costs.

I think these are legit to, and too good of quality to be "fakies" but they may not be actual store runs, which some may consider them to be generic?
I kinda like the new eyes-  she looks more cheerful  :biggrin:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2014, 08:27:16 AM »

Seeing these two together really shows how ugly Fluttershy's new eyes are. She no longer looks as gentle and, well, shy, as she used to, but looks axe-crazy or wired instead...

Lol! Axe-wired! My friend and i say she looks Flutter-Shocked and coked out. Maybe put some white powder on her muzzle and she'd look perfect!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »
I compared them with the old FS ponies and the new FS Fluttershy- 

the Taobao FS ponies are the same size as the new Fluttershy- but a different pose.  I think their nose is just slightly pointier too.  I suspect we might see this size in future FS releases.

Their manes and tails are slightly shorter than the first set of FS ponies too-  and the one that looks like Celery (the original Rarity/Celestia) only has three colors in her mane, not the full spectrum of the first Celery.

I wanted to take some comparison pics, but it was way too late when I got home last night!  Maybe tonight...

Oh and none of my ponies appear to have the black factory batch codes on them...

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
Aw man, if the new FS are smaller they won't match the ones I already have.  :cry:
And I only have RD and Twilight... guess I'll have to save for the other 4 (especially Applejack x_x)

And I agree, the new Fluttershy looks drugged. And she can't stand quite right. How many drugs are you on, Flutters??

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 28, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
Also not a fan of the fact that Flutters got yellower. She's supposed to be nice and pale yellow, her original FS doll looks MUCH better.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal