collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread  (Read 146524 times)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao/Ebay Finds - Master Thread
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2014, 06:21:38 AM »
A seller on ebay has the Totsy eyed, Earth pony Mane 6 on their ebay, and it's pointing towards fakies. They are slightly smaller than normal Fashion styles and they have two rows of hair.

If you want to see for yourself, the seller is sexyizbak

That seller is Clipper on here.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm just shaking my head at those. $30 turnaround for nine-dollar fakies is a pretty good deal! Sure, shipping takes a chunk out, but still. I should get into this.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
Importing items from TaoBao is pricey. The markup is plenty fair if the product quality is good. :)

I found the seller's listings, and it's neat to see more shots of the items. I've bought one of these elsewhere, but I only had the TaoBao shots to go by.

The "rooted" tails are... interesting. I might have to take a drill to mine and give her a proper tail!

It's also weird that these apparently use the same molds as Fashion Style ponies, but they're somehow a little smaller!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
hi, i listed a few on ebay! so that's me. I was going through a few of these are they are made by hasbro for sure. alot of them have the factory numbers or line numbers?? stamped on them and alot don't. The tails are stuck in the hole like any other pony and then have 4 extra spots with a rooted hair feature (like how the mane is).. so theres no need to drill a hole for a tail?? I don't know why anyone would do that since the tails are like all the other generations just the extra added feature, which maybe some sort of test for hasbro's series of ponies in the future? The ponies are the same plastic as the other FS ponies, and same exact hair that is used on the g4 line.
As for the mark up on the ponies, ponies are marked up because I have to make some sort of profit on them. But theres also shipping fees, ebay fees, taobao fees etc so i'm really not making that much in the end off them.

more pictures.. Some actually have no root plugs in there butt's at all some are just in the hole like normal:

Also I couldn't find any of the fluttershys with factory numbers?? or whatever those are on them. But 4 out of the 5 did. also the Twilight with the numbers is dark purple, where the one without is more of a pinkish purple, which resembles her real color in the toy.
I also read people saying the colors look washed out or something? The pinkie pie is actually the matching pink to the standard version of the toy (and brighter then the target fashion styles I have here in front of me)

Fluttershy is my favorite.. I don't have that many left, but I may consider an army of her lol

Am I the first collector to have these in hand? Also, i've been collecting ponies my whole life, and I'm so thrown off by these..

Please ignore my gross finger lol!! I was scraping some black stuff off a pony and i didnt get to wash it off yet :X

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:56:10 PM by Clipper »

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2014, 02:15:47 AM »
I've got my paws on some too and I still think they're fakies... exceptionally good fakies but still, I don't think they're legit but that's just my opinion. I have AJ and RD on the way too so I'll see what they look like when they arrive :) I have a spare AJ on the way if anyone's interested.

I also added the McDJ to my order and the seller said it would be a month before they can fulfill the order on her. BAH.

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing that information, Clipper! I think you're the only one on the Arena who has them in hand! :)

The extra pictures are great, too! Maybe I'll leave the tail on mine alone after all. We'll see what strikes me. It's just a matter of preference more than anything!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
I wonder what the extra little taggles of hair ar for at the tail? Might make sense if they were a different color if they were experimenting or what have you...*scratches head* They do look particularly lovely...I'm glad I took the jump and got RD and Fluttershy, but i'm kinda regretting not getting AJ...maybe I can rectify that...

Oh, BTW, how do their manes look? Are there only 2 rows of hair, or 4 as a regular FS pony has?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:19:57 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #517 on: January 26, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »
Only two rows of hair, but it's, I still think it's pretty thick considering less rows. Reminds me more of the g1-3 series. the hair quality is genuine mlp hair.
Also, twilight sparkle has a thinner tail then all the rest from the set. The others have thick tails. If anyone wants more details I'll be happy to provide as much info as possible
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:05:01 AM by Clipper »

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #518 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
Oh, hey, you know what?

Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie are supposed to be re-packaged in their FS size. Fluttershy's mold is different than it's been in the past, so it might be reasonable to assume that new molds have been made for these all around, hence the slightly smaller size on these mystery ponies!

Once those repackaged FS ponies come out, we'll have to compare them to these mashups/prototypes/fakies/whatevertheyares to see if they are indeed that size!

The new ponies can be seen in the "Styling Size" section here. Check out their faces-- I think their head molds are different than the FS that we've seen before.
http://cat352.wix.com/mlparena#!new/c1b1y
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:05:58 AM by Bergamot »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 26, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
Bergamot, those Rarity, Fluttershy & Pinkie Pie are the giant 22cm ones. Much bigger than the normal Fashion Style ponies.

I bought a few of them from Taobao-  it appears for more than they will sell for!  But they are pretty cool and will be great customs-

Actually, being slightly smaller is a good sign that those FS ponies might be fakies as oppose to hasbro made. Slight shrinkage is a common sign of re-casting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:23:31 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »
Aha! That's why they looked different, then! :) Thank you for the clarification!

(Note-to-self: Make room for giant Rarity in preparation for her arrival at stores.)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #521 on: January 26, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »
I want that rarity!!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #522 on: January 26, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
or maybe Hasbro's shrinking the FS line to cut costs!! :(
and of course charging 40% MORE for them
D:

ETA whoops left out an important word.  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:33:39 PM by gabumon »

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 26, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
The new FS fluttershy is noticeably smaller I will say.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 26, 2014, 12:05:29 PM »
The new FS fluttershy is noticeably smaller I will say.
That's funny, I thought she looked a smidge bigger than the Boutique Pinkie next to her! I'll have to make a point to notice next time I hit Target.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal