collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 38058 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2022, 07:38:32 AM »
Vacuuming in the heat must be exhausting. But the results are worth it! I hope your day went well. I need to get a hang of the time zones...

It's not so much the heat, my apartment is nice since the AC got fixed. But it's hard for me to stay on my feet without my back giving out, so I have to sit in a chair and vacuum or mop. I do a little section and then move the chair and do another section. It takes longer but it's so much better for me.

Today I'm going to start some new art projects. Haven't quite decided what yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »
Going to the doctor because I'm still  having dizzy spells after being diagnosed with an ear infection a week ago.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 11:45:59 AM »
I’m watching re-runs of friends (love that show!) and putting stuff up for sales (non-pony). So far I’ve sold for 200$. I usually spend summer time sorting out stuff I don’t need anymore. It’s kind of fun!

That sounds awesome! I've been trying to sell some pony and nonpony stuff to clear up the house this week but I am sure I'm not going to get nearly that much. Here's hoping, though!

I'm jealous of all of you doing chores and personal projects. For me, I am going to be at work and then trying to catch up on things and seeing my boyfriend. Will probably take a walk.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 12:28:14 PM »
Attempt one at cake EXPLODED in the air fryer!!! Salvaged what I could, cleaned air fryer as thoroughly as I could then put salvage in smaller tins & tried cooking that. Four successful cakes!!! Ate one, followed by veggie chips.

Today is a coffee morning pal's birthday, so I offered to take her to the local aquarium (my second time, her first). Bakana the sharky wouldn't let me forget (of course I took the sharky). We took the bus & she got her card yesterday so could go that way yaiy!!! Paid her in as the aquarium was my treat, then we saw a talk, explored the tanks, witnessed a shark feed (just locals like dogfish & thornback rays, but SHARKS), & bought a souvenir animal each in the gift shop (I got a skinny shark plush, she got a cute seal plush). We had lunch, then browsed a few shops. I got some bits; she saved her money. She went for Chinese after we got home (via a lift from a friend out in town too) & I gave her an intact cake. I look forward to making more cakes but oh boy I'm cutting the recipe in half!!! Back home now & ate veggie burgers to give air fryer a day off. I'm thinking pizza tomorrow...

Post Merge: July 15, 2022, 12:39:47 PM

Going to the doctor because I'm still  having dizzy spells after being diagnosed with an ear infection a week ago.
Hope that gets sorted xxx
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:39:47 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 04:42:18 PM »
What am I up to today? Hmmm...the world is my oyster today! My husband took the kids out of state to visit my in-laws and left me here to 'get my rest'. The only thing I really HAD to do was go to my radiation treatment this afternoon. So I did that, then went to the store and bought a bunch of food that I love but my family would never eat, then came home, poured myself a forbidden glass of wine (not really...no one said I couldn't...it just feels forbidden, somehow! :lol:), and sat down to contemplate how on EARTH am I going to sell my home in the state that it's in?

I googled some articles about how to find a good realtor, and then got overwhelmed. Decided to work on that dilemma tomorrow.

Should I...take a bath? Play video games? Read a book? Dye a pony? Clean? (Nah on that last. :P) I think I'm so overwhelmed by the prospect of having all this luxurious alone time that I'll probably end up sitting here piddling around on the information super highway until I finish half the bottle of wine and it's time to go to bed and I wasted a whole evening pondering how to spend it, haha.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2022, 07:04:13 AM »

Ear infections suck! I get them too. I hope you get some relief!

PBW, that sounds really nice and fun!

LadyA, haha even doing nothing is something! Resting your mind and body is good :)

As for me, I finished everything I needed to do the last couple days. The vacuumed carpet feels nice :lol: I think I'll do some laundry today and work on a couple new art projects. A needle felted sheep and I think for my custom ponies I start on the koi fish one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2022, 12:57:20 PM »

I know how that goes. Hope you feel better soonxXx

PB, glad you had a lovely day with your friend. Sounds like a great day out :-)
LA, also glad to hear you had a nice lunch and a glass or two. Cheers!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 03:27:40 PM »
Koudoawaia, get better soon! :hug:

On Saturday I slept really long.  :zzz:
My mother and I put two plants in a pot and we put solar-powered lamps in the garden as decoration.  :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 03:30:15 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 03:51:09 PM »
So tired after last night I slept in mostly, except for a quick leap-out to catch a delivery. Was supposed to be a handwarmer sharky. I got a footwarmer sharky instead. Then back to sleep. Woke up mid-afternoon to find despit3e my best efforts, though the PC IS connected to the internet, its software is saying it's not. Frustrating in some cases but Chrome & Dropbox still work yaiy!!! Had to rush-defrost my pizza base & sauce as forgot to put them in the fridge last night. Pizza still turned out ok, but will have to remember to let it sit instead of having to use defrost in micro, especially for the base. Took photos of footwarmer sharky & "Dogshark" from the aquarium, which is how I know Dropbox works. Had to contact a computer person about my issue. Says he'll show up tomorrow night. Hope he doesn't let me down AGAIN (he has a habit of that)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2022, 05:19:13 AM »
I cooked a curry and finished my rockery this morning, all before it got hot. Planning to go horizontal this afternoon and watch a film.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2022, 11:27:15 AM »
Ok, where IS the computer person??? Catching up on knitting & otherwise chilling.

he FINALLY showed up after a reminder text!!! My computer has been sorted!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:08:01 PM by Ponybookworm »

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 08:18:45 AM »
Ok, where IS the computer person??? Catching up on knitting & otherwise chilling.

he FINALLY showed up after a reminder text!!! My computer has been sorted!!!

Ah good news, good news. I hate it when something is wrong with my computer. I hope everyone is doing OK in the heat wave? I stayed indoors after about 11am today. It got to 36C here. I found it hard to concentrate on work.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2022, 03:52:07 PM »
On Monday afternoon, I went to eat at a buffet restaurant with my husband and mother. It's such a tradition of ours that at least once a week we go there to eat.  :yummy:

I've been horrified to read the news about the heatwaves that are bothering Europe at least. :shocked: :(
A little warmer air should arrive here in Finland this week. On Monday it was still a nice 20 degrees Celsius and the nights have been very cool.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:54:30 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2022, 06:00:48 PM »
Yep, folks, it is HOT!!! As in, only come upstairs when it's dark & check the fridge part of the fridge-freezer for damp, hot. As in, don't want to do too much because sitting is plenty enough to make me sweat, hot.

Just knitting & PC & a quick cheat for dinner later.

On a lighter note, another success!!! The handwarmer sharky I've been after arrived finally!!! So cute!!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 07:12:36 AM »
Due to yesterday's heat, I noticed a few things needing a launder, so the machine is on & spinning. Had a LONG sleep after visiting the thrift shop, which is on in place of the coffee this week. Got two decent tops & some bric-a-brac for use with the air fryer. Why is the crock pot so DEEP??? Will have to take it back. Tomorrow I think...

Oh drat, the mask isn't in!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal