collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Green and Purple/Blue Blind Bag Series?  (Read 6707 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Green and Purple/Blue Blind Bag Series?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:53 AM »
@will2Bfree - the other ponies you listed are majority based on G3s - I wouldnt be surprised if we got another set similar to the first TRU kiosk pony set which featured 6 ponyville ponies based on G3s again.

Yes, I'm aware they're G3's (not just the majority, but all of them). Did you not see what I wrote after? I even bolded it.

I suppose they could be for another TRU or special set. That hadn't occured to me yet. Good call!

I'm fairly sure on my list for this wave, I just need to identify that last one.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
@will2Bfree - the other ponies you listed are majority based on G3s - I wouldnt be surprised if we got another set similar to the first TRU kiosk pony set which featured 6 ponyville ponies based on G3s again.

Yes, I'm aware they're G3's (not just the majority, but all of them). Did you not see what I wrote after? I even bolded it.

I suppose they could be for another TRU or special set. That hadn't occured to me yet. Good call!

I'm fairly sure on my list for this wave, I just need to identify that last one.

Yes...I was just commenting myself and stating how I thought they would perhaps be released. All entitled to our own opinions.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
So I'm guessing BBTS preorders= coming to america? Want! Must...complete....other waves first!  :drunk:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
Awesome! November huh, seems really soon! A little disappointing still no wave 2 but this is exciting! Hopefully we can see bigger pics soon so we could confirm all the ponies and names better.
Oh and what about the yellow series though. They aren't on any of these sites are they?

edit: Oh wait I just saw that Bronley says the green set might be the same as yellow... I can't tell for sure from such tiny pics!  :drunk:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:25:31 PM by 3377345 »

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »
I already posted about this in the other thread, but I spent time picking through Strawberry Reef and comparing the pictures to the blurry box pictures. Before I realized will2bfree had already done that (could have saved time, doh!). My results seem to match exactly. I also noticed that most of the remaining unreleased ponies are G3 reprints and had the same theory about a new collection coming up.

Also notice these ponies are exactly wave four in their proper solid colours with magnet, Roseluck, and Cherry Spices added since the three gimmick ponies in wave four are repeats of mane six figures. Because of that and being able to compare poses and colours on the box, I'm convinced these are the right ponies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want List

will2Bfree

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

Yes...I was just commenting myself and stating how I thought they would perhaps be released. All entitled to our own opinions.

Um... ok.. Again, Yes, I am aware. But to my knowledge, we weren't having a difference of opinion. I even complimented you on thinking of the special set idea as I think that's very plausible. Saying "All entitled to our own opinions." is usually what people say when they're trying to diffuse a situation, which is kinda rude as it implies I was being quarrelsome. I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, it's just false accusations are one of my pet peeves. So I just wanted to make sure things were clear that I wasn't arguing with you.

In actuality, your reply to me in the first post made it seem as though you hadn't seen the last sentence in my original comment (because I had bolded it, I thought perhaps you had overlooked it, thinking it was part of my sig or something), which talked about them being G3's. I was just clarifying that I had already noticed they were G3's. That's it.

@BabyIceCrystal - Of course! That other Roseluck we were seeing, that's the name I was missing! Yes, it seems we did the exact same thing, but at least you made it nice and pretty for everyone! I just marked 'em off as I went. ^.^

Now that we know who all is there, we just need to wait until they show up in stores so we can match them all up to their bag numbers.

In regards to Roseluck, I preferred her creamy color from wave 1 over this more yellowish one. I wonder why they decided to change and release her again? Seems odd, unless they have plans for her.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 12:49:11 AM »
Aw I was really hoping for the painted mane ponies but it seems like they won't be out until sometime next year. I wonder why the vectors for the ponies were all sparkly if they are just normal blind bags in this wave. It would have made more sense for the transparent ponies to be in the set with the sparkly vectors.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:55:54 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

will2Bfree

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »
I think they're supposed to represent stars rather than sparkles. Notice the three gems in the special ponies are all stars and the purple background on the bags make it look like a night scene.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »
Wow BabyIceCrystal I think you got it! Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Here's some bigger pics of the  special ponies I saw recently (from ebay)

I'm excited to have normal versions of the wave4 crystal series ponies especially Sassaflash and Amethyst Star.   :happy:

Offline Creepy Peeper

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »
Man those are awesome! I love BBs but dang, these guys are making me go broke. xD

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
Yes, finally a list on what is in the set.  Must have both set but just got the last 2 waves less than 2 weeks ago. Well, guess I know at least one set will be for Christmas and the other I may need to get before. Well, maybe both will be bought at the same time, just only one I will be able to open before Christmas. Love the 3 specail ponies the dark purple wave because of their star connection.

Thanks BabyIceCrystal and will2Bfree for figuring out the new Blind bag wave.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
Can't say i'm that interested in this new wave. Re-used characters and nearly none with multicolored manes. Perhaps it's just me but they seem a bit bland.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »

Um... ok.. Again, Yes, I am aware. But to my knowledge, we weren't having a difference of opinion. I even complimented you on thinking of the special set idea as I think that's very plausible. Saying "All entitled to our own opinions." is usually what people say when they're trying to diffuse a situation, which is kinda rude as it implies I was being quarrelsome. I'm not trying to be a troublemaker, it's just false accusations are one of my pet peeves. So I just wanted to make sure things were clear that I wasn't arguing with you.

In actuality, your reply to me in the first post made it seem as though you hadn't seen the last sentence in my original comment (because I had bolded it, I thought perhaps you had overlooked it, thinking it was part of my sig or something), which talked about them being G3's. I was just clarifying that I had already noticed they were G3's. That's it.

Ok :) I am not actually all that certain what we are commenting back and forward on to be honest with you - if you feel I ignored or missed your comments I apologise!

I am loving the non crystal version of the boy ponies - now we just need some names to go with the new characters!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Bronley

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
I just noticed there is only one Twilight Sparkle in this set (the 3D-cutie mark version).

So, this set is:
5 normal mane six (same as in previous waves): Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, & Rarity

11 opaque versions of crystal ponies from Wave 4: Amethyst Star, Berry Green, Chance-A-Lot, Crimson Gala, Electric Sky, Merry May, Minuette, Mosely Orange, Peachy Sweet, Royal Riff, Sassaflash, Shoeshine, Twilight Sky (with cutie mark on left instead of right)

3 3D-cutie mark ponies (which are also opaque versions of crystal ponies from Wave 4): Trixie Lulamoon (in Twilight Sparkle mold instead of Rarity mold, with cutie mark on left now to fit mold), Twilight Sparkle, Twilight Velvet

2 re-issues of Wave 1 ponies: Cherry Spices (in Twilight Sparkle mold instead of Rarity mold), Roseluck (re-issue with slightly different colors and more defined rose cutie mark)

1 new pony: Magneto

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the preorders on BBTS are the same as the preorders on ToyWiz?

Is this the blue/purple?:
MLP Blind Bag 2013 Series 01 - Case of 24 (Dark Purple Bag)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22241&mode=retail

And this is the green (which is the same as yellow)?:
MLP Blind Bag 2012 Series 03 - Case of 24 (Light Green Bag)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22240&mode=retail

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal