collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 accessory id? Blue clip  (Read 2141 times)

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 accessory id? Blue clip
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »
I literally just now had a thought about it. Could it be that it could have come with one of the playsets - either the Perfume Puff Palace or the Crimp and Curl salon? I had both of those new, and i do have (though not immediately to hand) both their boxes. I can check them next weekend, unless anybody else has them and can check first.

It's funny you should say that, but when I cleaned up my childhood Perfume Puff Palace last week I found two very similar clips in it: one that looks almost exactly like this one, and one in the colours that were supposed to have come with DJ.  I've no memory of whether they came with the palace, or if I added them in at some point afterwards.  If I did add them later I certainly can't remember doing it, or where they'd have come from.  I know that the accessories that were meant to come with the palace didn't include any clips like these, but I guess it's possible they could have been added into some sets as a sort of unofficial extra?

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:28:34 AM »
My sister had Perfume Puff Palace from new but from a clearance store, and all the accessories she had from it (which she promptly lost, sigh) matched the box photo pretty much (clips and ribbons and things). I have one in box from a carboot sale with a bunch of accessories inside that don't match, but the people I got it from probably mixed and matched what they sold with it, as they did with other ponies they sold.

I don't think it's from the Perfume Puff Palace. Main reason is that the playset is essentially the same as the US one, down to the box style. The only change is the name and therefore the name label on the box. Even the story on the insert hasn't been changed to omit pony names of characters not sold in the UK (unlike the Crimp & Curl story, where Taffy is replaced by one of the Party Ponies). I forget who it is, but I think it's a Princess. Dawn maybe, or Misty...still in the Perfume Puff Palace story. So Hasbro didn't make a lot of effort with that set for the UK release. I don't think it was ever meant to have a tinselled clip, so I'd be surprised if it came from that.

I would love to know the possibilities of the comic, though. That often throws off the accessory things, because of the random accessories that were sometimes gifts (like newborn bottles, Merry Treats' comb, etc).

@DalaPony - is there any possibility, being that you have the correct DJ clip, that the blue and red clip might have come from a different source at the same time, and so you put them together? I'm thinking the pony comic specifically, really - did you have the comic as a kid?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:30:08 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »
@DalaPony - is there any possibility, being that you have the correct DJ clip, that the blue and red clip might have come from a different source at the same time, and so you put them together? I'm thinking the pony comic specifically, really - did you have the comic as a kid?

I did use to get the comic, and a free gift clip could have got mixed in with my accessories.  I think my best friend also had a DnP pony and I could have ended up with her pony's clip as well.  However as a child I was quite dogmatic about keeping my accessories with the right playsets, so I don't know that I'd have put my DJ away in the cupboard with a different pony's clip on.  All the other accessories are her originals, but one of the extra clips in the Perfume Puff Palace could have come from the comic.  I just wish I could remember where I got what...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal