collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Really good Toysrus.com sale going on right now-  (Read 2952 times)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Really good Toysrus.com sale going on right now-
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »
I was there the other day when I was out of town and these prices are better then what they were that day! I could of got the set that I wanted to even less now! :(

TRU is pretty good about refunding sale prices if you bought the item within thirty days.  You just need to take your receipt to the store while the sale is still going on.  I've done it before and had no problem.

I just spent almost an hour on the phone (most of that was hold time) asking them to just credit me the difference on the three Pony Mania Collections I purchased online six days ago (supposed to be arriving tomorrow). They would not. It was an online purchase though, so the policy for that might be different than real stores. They wanted to give me a ten dollar credit toward next online purchase. Uhm, noooo.... So I asked for a supervisor; never spoke directly to him/her but rep was gone a long while then came back with a choice of another offer, $20 off of next online purchase, OR, I could call them when the order arrives (right, and be on hold for 20 minutes again  before anyone picks up ?) and get a referral number or some such to send back the first order, pay back the shipping from the first order (the free shipping...) and reorder it at the lower price. Oh and up to ten days before the refund would be credited. I just said, nah, then went and placed a new order, and will return the other one to a real life store for a full refund, as we should be going thwt direction next week sometime for other stuff ( normally it's too far to bother).

So, they will meet other online stores' prices, but not their own? :-/ or did I just get a rep who didn't know what she was doing? Makes no sense to me. TRU seems to be the only store that doesn't honor their own sales price if it's within a week of orognial purchase.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »
ugh. I just bought the friends set. I hope I can find my receipt. i have so many things floating around it isnt funny.
buncha jerks.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 05:33:47 AM »
I was there the other day when I was out of town and these prices are better then what they were that day! I could of got the set that I wanted to even less now! :(

TRU is pretty good about refunding sale prices if you bought the item within thirty days.  You just need to take your receipt to the store while the sale is still going on.  I've done it before and had no problem.

I just spent almost an hour on the phone (most of that was hold time) asking them to just credit me the difference on the three Pony Mania Collections I purchased online six days ago (supposed to be arriving tomorrow). They would not. It was an online purchase though, so the policy for that might be different than real stores. They wanted to give me a ten dollar credit toward next online purchase. Uhm, noooo.... So I asked for a supervisor; never spoke directly to him/her but rep was gone a long while then came back with a choice of another offer, $20 off of next online purchase, OR, I could call them when the order arrives (right, and be on hold for 20 minutes again  before anyone picks up ?) and get a referral number or some such to send back the first order, pay back the shipping from the first order (the free shipping...) and reorder it at the lower price. Oh and up to ten days before the refund would be credited. I just said, nah, then went and placed a new order, and will return the other one to a real life store for a full refund, as we should be going thwt direction next week sometime for other stuff ( normally it's too far to bother).

So, they will meet other online stores' prices, but not their own? :-/ or did I just get a rep who didn't know what she was doing? Makes no sense to me. TRU seems to be the only store that doesn't honor their own sales price if it's within a week of orognial purchase.

Huh,  my experience was totally different.  I had purchased some items both online and in person when I heard about a TRU sale.  I called my local TRU and the representative there was very friendly.  I did have to actually go in to the store and bring in my receipts.  And it turned out that the sale was online only.  But he still gave me the discount for all the items.  Now, that I think about it though, I do seem to remember swiping my card again, so he may have just returned the items and rechecked me out.  But no actual items changed hands,  I didn't have to actually bring them in.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience :(

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 06:04:50 AM »
UGH!! this WOULD happen right AFTER i horked up 24.00 for chrysalis
Oh well.. least i got pinkie zilla for seven bucks.
still a pretty good sale.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
Wow... I may have to go back to TRU tomorrow to get something else even though I just bought the Breezie sets! That's a really good sale...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
Really great online sale, not sure if it's also in store!!

Also found out that I don't need my receipt since I have the TRU frequent shopper card thingie. thank goodness, because NO CLUE where that darn thing is...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

GustySunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
Strange such good sales for such new items wow.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
do we know when the sale ends?

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:18:40 PM »

Pinkie is (TRU's site said she wasn't in stock at my store, but she was).

Photo Finish isn't, but I really can't find much to save on shipping on their site so eh, I still went with the ~$2 higher in store. It's $2. Pretty sure shipping makes that not so good unless I spent $50, and I can't find that much I want.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »

Pinkie is (TRU's site said she wasn't in stock at my store, but she was).

Photo Finish isn't, but I really can't find much to save on shipping on their site so eh, I still went with the ~$2 higher in store. It's $2. Pretty sure shipping makes that not so good unless I spent $50, and I can't find that much I want.

For future reference, TRU will price match to their website if you show them the prices.  I just got Photo Finish and the Breezie sets for their sale prices today. I didn't even have to show them, I just read the prices off my phone.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
Arg! I just kneeew these would be on sale after I bought I bunch. Will definitely be taking my receipt it tomorrow.  And probably use my savings to buy another pony lol. So annoying though.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »

Huh,  my experience was totally different.  I had purchased some items both online and in person when I heard about a TRU sale.  I called my local TRU and the representative there was very friendly.  I did have to actually go in to the store and bring in my receipts.  And it turned out that the sale was online only.  But he still gave me the discount for all the items.  Now, that I think about it though, I do seem to remember swiping my card again, so he may have just returned the items and rechecked me out.  But no actual items changed hands,  I didn't have to actually bring them in.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience :(

So, we had other things to do in the area of the "real life"  TRU store today. Took in my receipt, she looked it up online (it was not on sale in the store), and did a price adjustment for me. And smiled while doing so! SO SIMPLE. I cannot believe they won't do this for you over the phone in online customer service. Oh well. No complaints now. :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »
^ Glad you were able to get it done!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 02:20:58 PM »
Woot, took mine in and the girl was super nice about it:) Saved me almost $45 so thank you so much for posting this! EQGs are BOGO half in store but nothing else is on sale. They just got the rainbow castle in so I got it for the $29.99 price yay:D And since they were much cheaper I caved and got the creepy mania set too...so like I said, I would spend my savings lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal