collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Arena Official Holiday Customs Swap; Get to shipping!  (Read 7770 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Arena Official Holiday Customs Swap
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
Would you be okay with your custom having a base?
Sure! I slightly prefer the pony to not have a base or a small base, but I have made customs that required a base, and I understand they can be necessary (especially with lights) or really add to the overall look.

How do you celebrate the holidays?  What is your favorite thing to do at this time?
I try to engage in as many traditions as possible! I start by watching classic Christmas movies and listening to classic Christmas songs before the season really starts. I think about what to get the people closest to me for Christmas really early and get really excited for their Christmas lists (most of the people close to me wouldn't make Christmas lists if not for my instance, but they told me they've come to enjoy it :lol:).  My husband and roommates always guilt me in to waiting to decorate till after Thanksgiving, but I pretty much decorate the day after. I really get into decorations and the spirit of Santa! It takes me about two full days to decorate, and I'm always watching movies or listening to music while doing it. Once the decorating is done, I relax and take in the lights and baubles! I like to go around town looking for lights later in the season, and head back to my hometown where a whole neighborhood in a nearby town is decked out in lights. My job takes me all around my city, so I have great opportunities to see many light displays. If I get the money saved up, this is my favorite time to visit Disney World where the Osborne Festival of Lights (this is the last year :sad:) and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party contribute to some of the best days of my life! I also love Christmas shopping for my loved ones and the energy of the hustle and bustle of all the people out shopping. I make careful plans to wow my loved ones and give them something they weren't expecting but absolutely love (my favorite part!). I also craft a lot during the holidays, making gifts for others or decorations. Every year I do a Christmas theme with my pony display. A manger scene and a Santa scene always shows up, but I add other different scenes every year (I've had Trixie and Sunset Shimmer as Snow and Heat Miser, Chrysalis and Winona as the Grinch who stole Christmas, and who knows what I will add this year!). In someways, I try to be as much like Santa as possible and bring joy to as many people as I am able.

Do you have a Christmas tree?  If so, how do you decorate it, does it have a theme?
Yes! I would be so depressed if I went a year without my tree. In fact, January is so hard for me because taking it down is devastating. My tree reaches the ceiling; is very realistic; has options for white lights, colored lights, or twinkling lights back and forth between colored and white; and sits on a spinning tree stand with a fairly decent weight capacity. The tree is the centerpiece and will be were all the gifts sit under, so it has to be the best! It doesn't really have a theme since I like so many ornaments. All of my ornaments have a bit of a special meaning for me; maybe they represent a character I love, a place I've been, or something I've done, or maybe they were a special gift from someone. Due to the variety that brings, there are all kinds of colors, but I have a gold star, thick, fluffy gold tinsel, and a red tree skirt (safe for the kitties to lay on). My tree used to be overloaded with ornaments, but with this new big tree I bought last year at Black Friday. they fit nicely (in my opinion, but others say it is overloaded :lol:). I also have a mini Christmas tree that is themed with blue and silver ornaments used at my wedding where I put tags of well wishes made my guests. Yes, I love Christmas so much, that I decided to use a winter wonderland/Christmas theme for my Wedding where we used hundreds of paper snowflakes. Such a theme means that my mom buys almost anything with snowflakes as gifts to me. :biggrin:

Do you celebrate Christmas, Yule, Hanuka, Kwanzaa, Non-Religious secular general celebration?
I mostly celebrate Christmas in a secular fashion. Some people hate how marketed it is, but actually, I kind of love it. I used to be religious as a child, so I still incorporate elements like Nativity scenes with much love every year. I also am often tempted to go to my old church to sing Christmas songs unaccompanied by candlelight on Christmas eve, but I don't usually do so due to the religious intent of it. I also love imagery from other religious aspects, but don't have anything to represent them in my home.

Here's some interesting links:
Answers for Sock Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,373828.msg1473760.html#msg1473760
Answers for OT Ornament Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,373674.msg1467746.html#msg1467746
Answers for Card Swap: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,374130.msg1473777.html#msg1473777
Pinterest Christmas Inspiration Page: https://www.pinterest.com/aintnobuffalo/christmas-pinstration/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:28:59 PM by aintnobuffalo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 01:29:26 AM »
Ponies with bases is fine I celebrate Xmas  and put up decs but I'm not religious love Xmas food though  :) omnomnomnom !!!!!!  Love watching Xmas films like the snowman even though it makes me cry every time !!!!  Xaflame

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 08:12:35 AM »
Checking in- got my custom bait prepped, hair picked out and am just waiting on supplies to come from Amazon to go further.  They are supposed to be here Friday.  Amazon has really slow shipping now.  I used to be able to get things in a few days with the free shipping, now it takes over a week :-/
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
Yes, I don't mind having a base.

How do you celebrate the holidays? 
Put up a tree, decorate, watch holiday movies, presents, and get-togethers.

What is your favorite thing to do at this time?
I like being curled up in a blanket, drinking hot chocolate, and watching holiday shows.

Do you have a Christmas tree?  If so, how do you decorate it, does it have a theme?
Yes. No real theme to it except that a lot of the ornaments are from things we like or those that I got in swaps here at the arena.

Do you celebrate Christmas, Yule, Hanuka, Kwanzaa, Non-Religious secular general celebration?
Mostly secular. Not really religious here but we do like to see and participate with our friends' celebrations too.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
Sure

Ummmm..... Normal? LOL I'm not sure how to answer this! We put up a tree. We hang stockings. We exchange gifts.  Everything in the house is made sparkly and/or blinky. We ride around town looking at lights. I drink lots of cocoa and eat lots of candy canes. Oh, and I adore shopping with all the Christmas crazy going on. Black Friday and Christmas Eve are my favorite days to "shop". Ok, we don't buy anything, but I like being out among the insanity..... Oh and Christmas movies and music constantly. I really love the old Rankin Bass doll movies and The Santa Clause.

What is your favorite thing to do at this time? Ummmmm....... Everything!!! If I had to pick one thing though, it's probably looking at lights.

Yup! Pink and blue and silver.

Christmas!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline CustomSwap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Ponies make everything better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »
Please please please remember to label your messages Holiday Swap! The Halloween Swap is still active and it makes sorting so much easier. Also, I'm still short 3 check ins! Please post here or PM me so I know you aren't dead!

Offline Okami_Amaterasu

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • La Luz de Meridiam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 05:17:43 AM »
Check in sent!

Offline CustomSwap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Ponies make everything better!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Arena Official Holiday Customs Swap; gemini_pony check in now!
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 08:36:23 PM »
I am still missing a check in.  :throw:

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Arena Official Holiday Customs Swap; gemini_pony check in now!
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
OMG I am so sorry!! I have been working on mine, just I am out of town helping take care of my mother in law so it slipped my mind. (she just had surgery).

Post Merge: November 07, 2015, 10:09:31 PM

Sure I love bases.

With my family and husband. We get together and make dinner and open gifts.

What is your favorite thing to do at this time?
Baking, drinking hot chocolate, and being snuggled under a blanket.

Sometimes we do. This year we will have a small tree. Not sure on a theme

Yes I celebrate christmas

Post Merge: November 08, 2015, 10:03:16 AM

Hey partner are you ok with glitter?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:03:16 AM by gemini_pony »

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Arena Official Holiday Customs Swap;All checked in! Keep working!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Did a huge amount of work today :3

Offline Okami_Amaterasu

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • La Luz de Meridiam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 03:01:57 AM »
My custom is finished, pm for you CustomSwap.

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »
My custom is finished, pm for you CustomSwap.

Dang your fast xD

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 02:10:07 PM »
almost done the custom just got to get some super glue to stick the head on :D

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »
Sent a message in.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 09:28:48 AM »
I really like my pony so far. I hope my partner does! And I really hope I don't mess up on the eyes!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal