collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help with shipping eBay item to Puerto Rico ~solved  (Read 1744 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Need help with shipping eBay item to Puerto Rico ~solved
« on: November 04, 2023, 02:36:01 PM »
I sold an item on eBay tonight, I have international shipping set to eBay's Global Shipping Programme to save time etc - I don't get many international buyers anyway so it's not usually a problem. However today the buyer contacted me and explained they're from Puerto Rico and eBay won't let them pay for the item - it's saying shipping to their location isn't an option.

How can I proceed from here? I'm assuming the GSP doesn't ship to Puerto Rico (but then why did it let them bid on it? o.O) - I'm happy to send it via normal international post (assuming the buyer is up for it of course - I'd need to get a postage quote) but I'm not sure how to change the listing to reflect that/send them an updated invoice with the postage included/etc. :x Help!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 08:11:42 AM by Carrehz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Need help with shipping eBay item to Puerto Rico
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 02:58:29 PM »
Likely relevant thread: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Shipping-to-Porto-Rico-amp-eBay-Global-Shipping-Quotes/td-p/32132474

I'd imagine you'd have to make a new listing with the proper international shipping and have them purchase it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with shipping eBay item to Puerto Rico
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 06:52:03 PM »
That thread was posted by a US seller though, so GSP wouldn't apply for them in this case anyway - I can't find anything saying if GSP doesn't ship to Puerto Rico or what. :x

edit: Well, I gave them a shipping quote and made a new listing, but they ended up backing out since they didn't realize they'd have to pay import tax too (they were very nice/apologetic about the whole thing though). Ah well! Thanks for the help anyway Tailrust :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 03:38:10 PM by Carrehz »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal