collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - stjarne!  (Read 419 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - stjarne!
« on: July 15, 2023, 10:10:22 AM »
This week I interviewed stjarne! They gave a fantastic interview! Many thanks, stjarne! :)

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name?
a lot of people ask me this. my username originated around 2014/15 when i had to think up a screen name for an MMO i was about to play. i was kinda fascinated with different languages, especially swedish, as well as astronomy back then and so i used the swedish word for "stars": stjarnor. over time i replaced -or with -e to make it nicer on the eyes and it just stuck ever since

How old are you?
22 (but believe me i don't feel that old)

Do you go to school or work?
neither atm. i was a produce and grocery stocker for awhile, now i'm trying to find work elsewhere.

What are your hobbies?
drawing, listening to music, thrifting, taking walks around town/in nature, having existential crises at 3am, and of course collecting :bateyes:

Do you have any pets?
yes, just one, my boy Oliver :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What do you like/dislike about yourself?
i like that i pride myself in my music tastes, aesthetic choices, and how creative i can be with my art.
i dislike how im always eager to hide my true self (even if its not hurting anyone!), i constantly look too deep into things/try to "read between the lines" & i let problems snowball into something bigger than they should be. :huh:
kinda hard to think of what i like about myself, ngl

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
if i could live in a different country entirely, probably canada, iceland, japan, etc. as for here in the U.S even the pacific northwest would be fine, though im a little homesick for minnesota.

Do you collect anything other than ponies?
yes, quite a few things. besides ponies, i love to collect LPS, neopets plush and beanie babies- but just the bears now. i downsized that collection. i used to grab just any beanie baby i didn't have yet even if i didn't like it and it kinda became a problem lol. poor things would just get tossed into the same large cardboard box that was a pain to drag around.
i'd like to branch out a bit into webkinz plush, fashion dolls, figures and electronic pets (i.e furbies, iDogs) eventually :)

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies?
since august/september of 2021, so we're coming up on 2 years!

Why did you start collecting ponies?
i was bored, and with my first job i had money to spare so i kinda fell into the bandwagon of people getting into collecting during the pandemic and i have no regrets

Who is your favorite pony and why?
sweetberry, sweet breeze, silver glow & lily lightly are a few of my top faves :inlove: i always kinda freak out when i see them on merch, lol

Who is your least favorite pony and why?
i love most G3's, but according to a tier list i did a while back none of these guys are my cup of tea :/ something about them just doesn't call to me. i might change my mind in the future but for now these are a pretty hard "no" when it comes to bringing them into my collection. the colors clash too much for me to enthusiastically enjoy them

Who is your favorite pony from another country?
to keep things simple... i'll pick from the g3 international exclusives. that title has to go to the lovely slh royal beauty :blush:

all the euro slh's are S tier in my mind. no doubt about it.

Who is your favorite fakie?
i adore concerned fakies, babyzilla fakies, and the g3 winter pony fakies. i'd love to own some someday!
Spoiler

Who was your first pony?
not sure who my first pony ever was, but as for my current collection my only remaining childhood pony is baby sparkleberry swirl (i still have the disc for the best friends ball game she came with), so i like to consider her the first!

here's a small before & after, from when i found her in a plastic bin after well over a decade to more recently where she's all cleaned up :heart:

she's a little yellowed, but i can't bear to replace her just bc of that.

What pony did you get recently?
i recently bought both a g3.5 glittery scootaloo and a g3 secret wish at my antique mall-  they cleaned up wonderfully. amazingly secret wish has no glitter loss nor has any part of her turned orange. hair is great too. i was pleasantly surprised :)

What is your favorite generation?
g3 of course, but if i had to make a tier list:
1. G3
2. G1
3. G4
4. G2
5. G5

What is your favorite part about collecting?
the way it gives me something to look forward to because i'm always on the hunt for something new whenever i'm out at thrift stores. it's also just a real fun way of expressing myself and reuniting with my inner child :P

How big is your collection?
i currently have a little over 100+ G3's and 1 G1. ;) and LOTS of merch.

What do your friends and family think about your collection?
my dad thinks it's a little odd, my mom thinks they're cute, but they're both generally supportive!

Do you still play with your ponies?
not really in the traditional sense. i will brush their hair/wash them, boop their noses, set up little "scenes" with them and take photos but thats the extent of it for now. i think as we get older we lose a lot of our ability for imaginative play. which sucks but what can you do :huh:

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!?

sorry not sorry. i do like a blonde & pink pony, but her prices are ridiculous.

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why?
like someone else said before, i would definitely not have a symbol tattooed on my butt :lmao:

What has been the worst part about collecting?
the prices some people ask for their ponies/merch :( and finding the energy/space to sort everything. i really need risers, cuz my shelf is just a (organized) mess right now.

What is your ultimate collecting goal?
i wouldn't say ultimate, but probably to obtain the rest of the rare G3's i need... and also to obtain the jumbo plush of sweetberry... :cry:

i almost had the chance to get her once, then the person said they couldn't ship.
another goal is to create & work on my own online collection gallery. i've been procrastinating on that HARD.
as for ULTIMATE ULTIMATE goal.. to get everything on my wishlists. probably impossible, i know, but i can dream. i take it one step at a time.

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment?
not sure what i'd consider an accomplishment... probably reaching 100 ponies since that's a big milestone. lily lightly was my 100th & i reached it on my birthday earlier this year!
i would consider owning licensing show rarity as another accomplishment. that is until i get a hold of licensing show pinkie pie :snicker:

What is your biggest collecting regret?
... that i never started collecting sooner or that i let my mom get rid of nearly my entire childhood collection. now what was that i said about having no regrets?

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies?
it depends. for most ponies if they come within a set or with accessories i want, i'll take the entire set MIB and just save the backcard from there. otherwise i'll take them loose. for some like the fair/con exclusives, i like to keep them inside their boxes. they're decorative for a reason ^.^

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get?

minty, minty, minty!

Are you a customizer?
Would you ever be?

i am not and i'm not sure i ever will be. the idea seems fun, i'd just never know where to start :blink: if i did make customs i'd base them off G3 ponies that never had a figure made for them. like the film-exclusive ponies (storybelle, mish mash mee, etc). i wouldn't really have a reason to continue after that

What do you think of custom ponies?
they're awesome! i own 3 made by other customizers. might not always keep them but i love what people can come up with.

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion?
acceptable:
- unruly tinsel/hair
- dirt & gunk that can be removed with acetone
- hard/sticky ponies

unacceptable:
- rusty or musty ponies
- bodily fading
- broken/missing magnets
- "cancer"/"smooze"
- big haircuts

... and a plethora of other problems not listed here.

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie?
a fakie, if it were one of the ones i was after. if i had more experience fixing up baits i'd say otherwise

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony?

:lookround:

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would have gone a different direction with G5."

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know that there were ponies that were considered rare!"

"I think more ponies should have unique poses again like in G1/G3, bring that back hasbro." :(

"I don't like how bronies interacted with G4 because it's an entire portion of the MLP collecting community that feels alienating to me."

"I love collecting G3 merchandise because it's a side of collecting that not everybody looks at... more for me!"

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - stjarne!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 02:28:49 PM »
thanks again for interviewing me BC! it was lots of fun :)

oh, and if anybody wanted a peek into my personal pony heaven...

this pic isn't up to date, it's a few months old, but thats at least 2/3rds of my collection :newpony:
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 07:48:40 PM »
ooooooooo nice to read and learn about you!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 02:07:47 AM »
Another one moaning at Rapunzel's mad prices!!!
Lovely interview xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 07:42:36 AM »
Great interview. Such a cute cat, just want to snuggle him.

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 10:37:44 PM »
Nice collection!  And good luck with your job search!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 05:09:30 PM »
Charmingly lovely looking Oliver!  :inlove: ^.^

Great and interesting interview! It's nice to get to know stjarne a little better.  :)
Thanks also for showing us a picture of your collection! G3 ponies are really beautiful! :heart:
:zzz:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 01:27:56 AM »
Oliver is so handsome!
Great interview. :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 03:45:53 PM »
Great interview! Nice to meet you :)

Did you know that the Norwegian word for «star» is actually «stjerne»? So your current user name is a mix between the Swedish and Norwegian word for «stars/star». Just a fun fact! However, Swedish and Norwgian is very similar in a lot of ways, so it’s not that shocking perhaps :lol:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal