collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok... I have to ask....  (Read 28901 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Ok... I have to ask....
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
One question.. do you not believe in rev gusty as a prototype or that she was from the UK?

Surely, the Rev Gusty issue has been so deeply debated!

As for the Hasbro employee's... you're forgetting that the 80's was SUCH a different time, and the UK work ethic was a different ball game to the US.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:15 AM »
IMO the UK pamphlet picture of Megan and Sundance in the mint green outfits is based off the picture from the US pamphlet, which in turn was from the art used on the front of the "Country Jamboree" Megan & Ponywear cards:

Sorry for grabbing the image off Dream Valley, but it's clearer than the MOC picture.  Anyhoo, Sundance's head angle / expression / mane look the same to me, so I think that was the basis of the UK picture.

As for where CP Sundance came from, who knows?  My first thought was that she might have come from the US before "actual Sundance" was produced, to test her symbol or something.  (Like the modern Taobao ponies.)  It's entirely possible a UK collector at the meet could have bought her off US eBay.

But it's also possible that Hasbro UK planned a CP Sundance, in the vein of CP Applejack and Bow-Tie, who never made it to the mass market.  She's a mystery for sure.

In any case, I'm so glad she ended up in the collecting community!  Many congrats!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:31:36 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »
Again thanks for that wonderful knowledge Taffeta..
Thats very true. You never know how Hasbro worked back then. . Who knows.. But you do bring a lot of UK knowledge to the table.

And I love when new questions come up because it proves that not all tge questions have been answered. I rather like tricky questions.

You make a lot of valid points about production, too. I also collect Jem but the original line for that was only a few years. Connections have been forged between the fanbase and pretty much everyone who worked on the show and the toy. The end result of that is almost all surviving prototype and production examples are in collector hands.

My little pony is so diverse and ran for so long that any non-conventional find is a mystery. When I was in touch with Hasbro UK in the 1990s, they sent me a printed list of ponies from their catalogue file and a few photocopies...but a couple of things we know were sold here are not on that list. The change of location to South Wales from the South of England probably saw a lot of stuff vanish. If you apply that to MLP's country of origin, the US, and think of the size...its little wonder there are so many missing pieces.

With Rev Gusty, I am naturally cynical of ponies' existence without a clear paper trail. It is possible to me that a factory error Gusty exists with reversed hair but I also remember a spate of custom versions and fakes which a couple if sellers tried to pass off as real. I am unsure we know the locations of all the fakes and its such an easy fake. So it might have existed, but for me it is now impossible to 100 prove one is real because of all the cheating in the past. And, in her case, the UK link is thwarted because the UK never had a release of Gusty with a glittered symbol...meaning we have no valid paper trail to explain her existence, either.

Hence, I don't believe.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »
With Rev Gusty, I am naturally cynical of ponies' existence without a clear paper trail. It is possible to me that a factory error Gusty exists with reversed hair but I also remember a spate of custom versions and fakes which a couple if sellers tried to pass off as real. I am unsure we know the locations of all the fakes and its such an easy fake. So it might have existed, but for me it is now impossible to 100 prove one is real because of all the cheating in the past. And, in her case, the UK link is thwarted because the UK never had a release of Gusty with a glittered symbol...meaning we have no valid paper trail to explain her existence, either.

Hence, I don't believe.

Even with seeing Kcat's lab, and collection, we were both in agreement about Rev Gusty - backing up Taffeta's view.

I rather like tricky questions.

I am calling you Tricky Taffeta from now on.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
Ooh, she's so pretty! I haven't checked out the Nirvana board in a while, and this is exactly what I hoped for. It's so exciting to see that new ponies are still turning up. Can't wait to hear and see more of her. Congrats to Ember1!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2015, 05:28:14 AM »
I guess she travelling to Ember's the long way round! :P

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 06:25:25 AM »
I was thinking she's sure taking her time lol
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
Package hasnt moved in a week. Probably customs is the culprit
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »
Maybe they're just playing ponies in the Customs office. Or, trying to work out how such a small package of plastic has such a high customs value. Fingers crossed she;s not held up too much longer :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
Package hasnt moved in a week. Probably customs is the culprit

I know the feeling. Lately customs has been holding my packages anywhere from 7-10 days :/ it's frustrating. Hope she arrives soon for you :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
Ok well first off I have to say this has been the most difficult experience I have ever encountered with USPS. The pony was sent out March 4th. The package had no record of going through customs at all. It just showed up as arrived at jersey city sort facility and never had any record of being processed out of it.
The pony got lost in the usps jersey city sort facility for a week. I was told when I called up that the package had probably fallen off the conveyer belt.  I happen to be lucky enough to have them file a search for the package. Yesterday I got word that the case had been closed but it didnt say why.. It just so happens that last night her tracking got updated and was in my area!!! I couldn't believe it.. I was soooo happy.. I practically toppled over my fiance when he arrived home from work shouting "THEY FOUND HER!"..

So i had been stalking the mail all day..The tracking said she was out for delivery!!!! Well I went down to talk to the guy at the front desk and he said the mail came in today and there was no package for me.. So I thought maybe she was in the po box and opened that.. Still no pony.. I am now panicking and fully questioning the front desk guy when the post office lady comes back in through the front door and said.. "sorry i forgot this in the back of my truck" She hands me my package and I grip it like a vice.. I just cant believe the comedy of errors this package encountered.. The poor seller was beside herself trying to file a claim on her end.

O MY GOODNESS! Well I have her now.. and popped off her head.. She is the real deal!!! Her mane is factory weaved! And she has a plastic tail washer which may suggest that she was in fact a prototype/test run.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:24:47 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »
:faint: sounds like she likes to have adventures!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Lady Starflower

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
Wow she had quite the adventure getting to you. So happy she finally made it! :biggrin:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »
Glad she made it safely! She must have been taking the scenic route :)

Would love to see close ups of her symbol and hooves as well :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
Wow congratulations!

I feel your pain regarding shipping- what is UP with the post office these days?? I sent a box out PRIORITY on the 18th and tracking hasn't updated since it hit the sorting facility.
I filed a claim for them to search for it too- but haven't heard anything yet.  My buyer is understandably nervous/upset as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal