collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Space Pop Dolls Quality  (Read 1676 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Space Pop Dolls Quality
« on: April 27, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
I was wondering if anyone ever owned any of the Space Pop dolls from a couple years ago? I always saw them and I really liked the concept, but I could not get past the fact of how low-quality they look. Like their clothes look very thin (especially on the dolls who don't wear dresses) and their hair looks either thin or like it'll frizz up easily (like the later g4 MLP or 4.5 that came out). I can't judge the dolls completely though since I don't own them and I've never held one in my hands.
So my question to all of you (if you've ever owned these dolls) is if they are of good quality? I really wanted these dolls but I can't justify spending money on something that is of low quality...Also, I love to brush doll hair and I don't want to accidentally ruin any doll by brushing their hair. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Pop Dolls Quality
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »
I don't have any experience with them personally (AFAIK they were never released over here), but I did read some reviews for them a while back.. let's see... here we go:
https://sleepytoycollection.tumblr.com/post/164921536524/spacepop-luna-review
https://sleepytoycollection.tumblr.com/post/165602997634/spacepops-a-review-part-2

Sounds like they're of varying quality? Particularly with their hair.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »
I don't have any experience with them personally (AFAIK they were never released over here), but I did read some reviews for them a while back.. let's see... here we go:
https://sleepytoycollection.tumblr.com/post/164921536524/spacepop-luna-review
https://sleepytoycollection.tumblr.com/post/165602997634/spacepops-a-review-part-2

Sounds like they're of varying quality? Particularly with their hair.
Thank you for finding these reviews for me. After reading those I don't think I'll buy them unless I can find them for super cheap as the author did.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 01:46:50 PM »
They are very low quality.  I wish i had picked them each ip for $5 when tru closed becuz that's what they're worth.   

They cannot even sit with their knees together smh.

I only have the purple one. The pants are the nicest part of the outfit, the top & jacket are so cheap, and the paint is applied ok to the shoes.  But she can't really hold a pose cus floppy bod.

Ok, so...i rebodied my space pop head to g1 eqg Twilight's body & its fantastic.  I gave eqg Twi head the spacepop body because its the closest color match i could get (even tho the rest of my eqg are tebodied to monster high) & i need that white space pop doll body for g2 eqg Rarity but not for what people are askin lol.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
They are very low quality.  I wish i had picked them each ip for $5 when tru closed becuz that's what they're worth.   

They cannot even sit with their knees together smh.

I only have the purple one. The pants are the nicest part of the outfit, the top & jacket are so cheap, and the paint is applied ok to the shoes.  But she can't really hold a pose cus floppy bod.

Ok, so...i rebodied my space pop head to g1 eqg Twilight's body & its fantastic.  I gave eqg Twi head the spacepop body because its the closest color match i could get (even tho the rest of my eqg are tebodied to monster high) & i need that white space pop doll body for g2 eqg Rarity but not for what people are askin lol.
Really? The pants always seemed cheap to me because it doesn't look like a very clean cut (Almost like they ripped apart the fabric with their hands), and not in an intentional "grunge" esc look. I've been hearing though that the pants are the best part so maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me?
I wish I could've gotten them when my TRU was closing down, but by the time I got there all the good stuff was taken :(
Do you know how well their face molds are? They look very flat and uninteresting, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 06:45:42 AM »
I have never seen these before. They look like EAH knock-offs. Very pretty. I'd have definitely been interested if I'd have seen them in stores!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
I saw them in TRU before they closed, but they never got cheap enough for me before they were gone.  The outfits and accessories look chintzy as hell, but the dolls have a lot of customizing potential imo.  They remind me of the Fairy Tale High dolls, but possibly even lazier execution.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 03:22:41 AM »
I saw them in TRU before they closed, but they never got cheap enough for me before they were gone.  The outfits and accessories look chintzy as hell, but the dolls have a lot of customizing potential imo.  They remind me of the Fairy Tale High dolls, but possibly even lazier execution.
Yeah, I feel like if I wanted to buy them I might have to make new clothes for them. If I could I'd probably repaint the face too since their paint is very bland...
It's such a shame because it's a cool concept and their designs are interesting, but the execution just doesn't seem to be all there.

Mimic drawn by me~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal