collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: JEM IS BACK??  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
JEM IS BACK??
« on: February 04, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
OMG Jem is back for 2020! by Galacticatt, on Flickr

So Integrity Toys is apparently doing another limited run of Jem dolls!  It appears they will be sold through IT only so I guess I will have to rejoin wclub - arghhh!

Seems from this description they will probably stick to the basic characters?  But I hope they do Raya and Danse....  and wouldn't mind another classic Jem...  if they do some of the super odd "fashions" that never made it to production, my wallet will be safe....

After a several year hiatus, Integrity Toys will revisit some of the most popular characters from the iconic brand in the form of high-end collectible dolls, specially created to celebrate the brand’s major anniversary milestone. Collectors will once again be delighted by these “oh so 80’s”, ultra-detailed dolls that will feature signature costumes and accessories inspired by fan-favorite looks from the cartoon and Hasbro’s vintage packaging visuals.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: JEM IS BACK??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »
Awesome! I hope everyone who wants one gets one. I'm not even a doll person and I'd love to have some. But they're too rich for my blood.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:16:37 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
I already got my two faves, even though I would have loved to add two more but IT was mean enough to make Techrat exclusive :pout:

The regular one I missed out on was Regine and I guess they won't reissue her. So I am not particularly thrilled by this anouncement. Allthough yeah, they need to make characters that are still missing from the line-up.

Your title made me think there was gonna be reissues of the old dolls. Curse you! :P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
I already got my two faves, even though I would have loved to add two more but IT was mean enough to make Techrat exclusive :pout:

The regular one I missed out on was Regine and I guess they won't reissue her. So I am not particularly thrilled by this anouncement. Allthough yeah, they need to make characters that are still missing from the line-up.

Your title made me think there was gonna be reissues of the old dolls. Curse you! :P
Never say never!  Maybe they will do a re-drawn/re-imagined Jem (no NOT like that live action movie but more like Shera I guess) and then kick out some playline dolls.  There was definitely something in the works a couple of years ago- but it seems nothing came of it so maybe a network didn't pick it up.

As for dolls, I'd love another "classic" Jem and would like another shot at Raya, and wouldn't say no to another Regine or Astral either.  But I have all the other characters (that I want plus a couple I don't really want) so I'm not sure whether I'd buy another repeat character unless it was a REALLY epic doll.

It seems the dolls will be sold through the Integrity Store and Wclub directly, so I'm HOPING that means they won't be as expensive since they won't have to give a cut to the dealers... 

I'm pretty sure IT is doing this all because WCLUB membership opens this week sometime and they want new people to join.  I'm not sure though how many Jem collectors will know that they have to join the club to have a fair chance at any of the "good" stuff.  Hopefully at least a few...

Post Merge: February 05, 2020, 01:43:39 PM

Awesome! I hope everyone who wants one gets one. I'm not even a doll person and I'd love to have some. But they're too rich for my blood.

Yeah they are too pricey.  They seem cheap compared to a BJD maybe- but still you have really got to LOVE the doll to buy one. 

I kinda think that not everyone who wants one will actually get one-

IT seems to be making the dolls as a lure to join/rejoin WCLUB.  There used to be a TON of Jem collectors there but they left when Jem petered out. 

I noticed that they are only selling the dolls through IT and Wclub so that tells me that the general public will get whatever is leftover (if anything) and may not have the opportunity on any made to order dolls.  So I guess if the dolls are overpriced and not that exciting- anyone who wants one will likely have the chance.  But if there is a doll that is incredible and limited- maybe not.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:43:39 PM by Galactica »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »
Galactica, can you tell me about all these releases I missed? I went to the website and saw they did sooo many new dolls after I stopped checking.
They did side characters that were only in one episode. Where they all exclusives like Techrat? And I also saw some Stingers dolls with alternative outfits but couldn't find releases. Were those fanworks?

On second thought, I would have liked to get Atsral, too. Crud :(
So... I would have liked three more dolls in total. One of them super rare. Not enough money to support that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 03:38:23 PM »

Never say never!  Maybe they will do a re-drawn/re-imagined Jem (no NOT like that live action movie but more like Shera I guess) and then kick out some playline dolls.  There was definitely something in the works a couple of years ago- but it seems nothing came of it so maybe a network didn't pick it up.

As for dolls, I'd love another "classic" Jem and would like another shot at Raya, and wouldn't say no to another Regine or Astral either.  But I have all the other characters (that I want plus a couple I don't really want) so I'm not sure whether I'd buy another repeat character unless it was a REALLY epic doll.

It seems the dolls will be sold through the Integrity Store and Wclub directly, so I'm HOPING that means they won't be as expensive since they won't have to give a cut to the dealers... 

I'm pretty sure IT is doing this all because WCLUB membership opens this week sometime and they want new people to join.  I'm not sure though how many Jem collectors will know that they have to join the club to have a fair chance at any of the "good" stuff.  Hopefully at least a few...

Post Merge: February 05, 2020, 01:43:39 PM

Yeah they are too pricey.  They seem cheap compared to a BJD maybe- but still you have really got to LOVE the doll to buy one. 

I kinda think that not everyone who wants one will actually get one-

IT seems to be making the dolls as a lure to join/rejoin WCLUB.  There used to be a TON of Jem collectors there but they left when Jem petered out. 

I noticed that they are only selling the dolls through IT and Wclub so that tells me that the general public will get whatever is leftover (if anything) and may not have the opportunity on any made to order dolls.  So I guess if the dolls are overpriced and not that exciting- anyone who wants one will likely have the chance.  But if there is a doll that is incredible and limited- maybe not.

Ah I see.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 11:20:16 AM »
WTF is it with 35 as the most random of anniversaries for Hasbro toys??

As far as I recall from the last time I bought any of the IT dolls, you could buy them from IT without being part of the club. Of course if a bunch of people stockpile and then scalp the price it's a problem, and being in the club would prevent that I guess - but I still expect it will be possible to buy from their website direct.

If I remember right, the earlier IT Jem dolls were sold by a bunch of outlets in places but after maybe the Regine line or the one after they were sold off IT';s website directly to whoever got there first.

I do remember with the Regine release that she was almost entirely sold out on preorder the day of her official release because of WClub people preordering (many to scalp later on ebay and NOT Jem people). I got mine from a seller in France, it was the last one and largely I got her thanks to someone online pointing me that way and people in the US not wanting shipping from Europe. That was messy and created a lot of bad feeling towards the WClub members (because a bunch of the non-Jem ones had been badmouthing Jem for taking over IT's doll line).

I am not sure that they have any new characters left to do, though, so I suspect a bunch of repeats in new outfits. It seems a bit questionable to entice people to join WClub with no hint what's to come. I know Original Jem sells for silly money now so maybe people hope for a rerelease of her, but yeah. Their ad says from Integrity INCLUDING WClub, so :/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:25:04 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »

As far as I recall from the last time I bought any of the IT dolls, you could buy them from IT without being part of the club. Of course if a bunch of people stockpile and then scalp the price it's a problem, and being in the club would prevent that I guess - but I still expect it will be possible to buy from their website direct.

If I remember right, the earlier IT Jem dolls were sold by a bunch of outlets in places but after maybe the Regine line or the one after they were sold off IT';s website directly to whoever got there first.

I do remember with the Regine release that she was almost entirely sold out on preorder the day of her official release because of WClub people preordering (many to scalp later on ebay and NOT Jem people). I got mine from a seller in France, it was the last one and largely I got her thanks to someone online pointing me that way and people in the US not wanting shipping from Europe. That was messy and created a lot of bad feeling towards the WClub members (because a bunch of the non-Jem ones had been badmouthing Jem for taking over IT's doll line).

I am not sure that they have any new characters left to do, though, so I suspect a bunch of repeats in new outfits. It seems a bit questionable to entice people to join WClub with no hint what's to come. I know Original Jem sells for silly money now so maybe people hope for a rerelease of her, but yeah. Their ad says from Integrity INCLUDING WClub, so :/

:lol: I have no idea

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »

They were also really good at replacing hands for a doll I had bought from someone that wasn't a named supplier, no questions asked, because the joint was faulty, so if I had money and the £ wasn't now so weak against the $, I would be fine buying from them again.

Though really I'm more interested in certain fashions than repeating the characters. I'd have liked Synergy and Graphix but the first came out before I had any money for IT dolls (so too expensive) and Graphix after I was back at uni.

Most of the dolls could be bought from "dealers" (ie independent doll shops) and later through IT's shop, but there were a few made to order dolls that were offered only to club members, like Techrat, the Glitter n Gold holograms, Studio Playset, Graphix, This is Farewell... I think a few others but I forget which. And some of the dolls (like Techrat) were offered through IT shop to wclub first and then outside- but sold out instantly before getting to the outside (like Zipper). 

I joined wclub specifically so it wouldn't be SO dang hard to get the dolls I wanted - and bought way more than I should have.  A lot of the first wave Misfits and Stingers went on Clearance eventually which was kinda annoying to see as I had paid full price.  Ah well.

And yes, there was a lot of obnoxious belittling and insults directed at Jem fans on wclub that was hurtful, especially the first year.  It died down eventually but to this day "they" (the other collectors) insist that the Jem/CI body is hideous and huge with man hands. Which is ridiculous. 

I this time it will be maybe one or two "releases".  Maybe one made to order Jem, and maybe 5 or 6 dolls sold through the IT shop.  Probably wclub members will get first shot at them, before they open to the public.  Maybe they will reserve some for the public (like they did with the RuPaul doll). 

The thing is, I already have the dolls I want (except Raya) and I'm not paying $135 for a fashion. Probably.  So I'm not sure I'll be buying anything they offer, but I am very keen to see what it will be...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 11:53:41 AM »
The IT dolls are both beautiful and expensive. But the early ones were not so much, because sellers would buy them, debox them and sell them in bits on ebay for some reason. This may be one of the reasons why IT have stopped outsourcing? I don't know.

My aim was only to get the Misfits (my favourites!) and the characters they never made in the original line (Stingers, Astral, Regine, Craig, Eric), which (aside Graphix, who was a prototype character but a Misfit one) I managed to do. I would love some of the alternate fashions, such as Makin' Mischief for Stormer and the Kimber rebel outfits (but not even having a Kimber doll makes that a bit pointless).

As it is I picked and chose my Misfits to avoid their original outfits...I have a proper Jetta but my loose display one is wearing a custom fashion, so is my Roxy who I got nude because I don't like her real outfit, and my Pizzazz is from the 2 set with Jem because it's just nicer. Stormer is the only one wearing her proper threads, but she has the keytar not her guitar. Even my old 80s Stormer has a custom keytar, I don't like her guitar.

I'd love if they just sold fashion sets, but I don't need more dolls. 

I am also curious to see what they produce, though.

I already have 2 more than I intended (Aja and Danse, don't even ask how that happened) and my Jem cabinet can't take any more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 03:46:42 PM »
Oooh I'm excited for this! I hope there are some re-releases because I missed out on the originals for Kimber, Stormer, Raya, Clash and Regine.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
The IT dolls are both beautiful and expensive. But the early ones were not so much, because sellers would buy them, debox them and sell them in bits on ebay for some reason. This may be one of the reasons why IT have stopped outsourcing? I don't know.

My aim was only to get the Misfits (my favourites!) and the characters they never made in the original line (Stingers, Astral, Regine, Craig, Eric), which (aside Graphix, who was a prototype character but a Misfit one) I managed to do. I would love some of the alternate fashions, such as Makin' Mischief for Stormer and the Kimber rebel outfits (but not even having a Kimber doll makes that a bit pointless).

As it is I picked and chose my Misfits to avoid their original outfits...I have a proper Jetta but my loose display one is wearing a custom fashion, so is my Roxy who I got nude because I don't like her real outfit, and my Pizzazz is from the 2 set with Jem because it's just nicer. Stormer is the only one wearing her proper threads, but she has the keytar not her guitar. Even my old 80s Stormer has a custom keytar, I don't like her guitar.

I'd love if they just sold fashion sets, but I don't need more dolls. 

I am also curious to see what they produce, though.

I already have 2 more than I intended (Aja and Danse, don't even ask how that happened) and my Jem cabinet can't take any more.

There were a LOT of cheap Misfits and Stingers at some point because IT got greedy and made large (for them) editions which did not sell out at the dealers.  So then they went on sale.  Then clearance. A lot of dealers had to piece them out to recoup their losses.  I was annoyed when I saw a doll I had paid full price for (then $120) sell for $75 and then $50 on the IT shop... 

IT told us at convention that they had started to sell all of the Jem dolls through the IT shop only (cutting out the dealers) because they had taken a loss on those dolls that hadn't sold out...

They really should have just stuck to edition sizes of 500-750 (with the exception of Classic Jem of course, and they should have made Astral, Regine, Danse and Rayna slightly larger editions)

Galactica, can you tell me about all these releases I missed? I went to the website and saw they did sooo many new dolls after I stopped checking.
They did side characters that were only in one episode. Where they all exclusives like Techrat? And I also saw some Stingers dolls with alternative outfits but couldn't find releases. Were those fanworks?

On second thought, I would have liked to get Atsral, too. Crud :(
So... I would have liked three more dolls in total. One of them super rare. Not enough money to support that.

OMG there are so many- many of the side characters were IT exclusives- (maybe all) but some weren't popular and so you can still pick them up for original cost.  Like Shana's boyfriend, Anthony.  The doll just ended up looking a little dorkier than the cartoon...

There were only a VERY FEW that were wclub or "upgrade" dolls available only to club members. Graphix, Countess, Techrat, Award Night Jem... -  there were also "IT Direct" that were offered to wclub first, and then the leftovers to the public.

THIS site has the best information about all of the dolls (scroll to the bottom and over on the left side of the screen there is a breakdown that shows each doll) : http://totallyjem.jemmagic.com/jemintegritytoysdolls.html#sdcc2012

As for the fashions-  they were ALL based on box art or appearance in the cartoon.  Most were fan favorites- later fashions we voted on.  THe site above  actually will tell you exactly which Jem episodes a particular doll wave will appear :D

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:53:42 PM by Galactica »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 04:59:39 PM »
Yeah, Brian's website is insane in its detail.

It wasn't just the ones with big orders that were pieced out. I got Astral that way (albeit she has no hat). There was one seller who was doing it for every doll. He did it for Regine as well, but I got her on the release, so I didn't try and chase for a loose one.

I did get the Stingers cheap but not pieced out - they were all in box except Rapture was missing a guitar cable I later replaced. But those were the originals, not the later ones with different outfits. Some of the later outfits I like better but yeah, can't afford.

I think the Stingers were 1200 pc and that's a lot. Whereas Regine was 500 pc and it wasn't enough. :/

BUT then again the prototypes for the Stingers (the real ones, I mean) sold for something like 10,000$ collectively (Brian's site probably covers that too, I imagine) so the idea there'd be a huge demand for them is understandable. I know Regine etc also sold quite high but I don't think it was as high.

I also remember RR Jem had a mould problem in her shipment which caused her price to wobble and a lot of people had trouble clearing her at one point because of that batch. Whereas the few surviving real RR dolls always sell for a stupid amount if they come up.

The one character I feel like I missed out on was Synergy. But eh. I can't afford.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:05:57 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »

It wasn't just the ones with big orders that were pieced out. I got Astral that way (albeit she has no hat). There was one seller who was doing it for every doll. He did it for Regine as well, but I got her on the release, so I didn't try and chase for a loose one.

I did get the Stingers cheap but not pieced out - they were all in box except Rapture was missing a guitar cable I later replaced. But those were the originals, not the later ones with different outfits. Some of the later outfits I like better but yeah, can't afford.

I think the Stingers were 1200 pc and that's a lot. Whereas Regine was 500 pc and it wasn't enough. :/

BUT then again the prototypes for the Stingers (the real ones, I mean) sold for something like 10,000$ collectively (Brian's site probably covers that too, I imagine) so the idea there'd be a huge demand for them is understandable. I know Regine etc also sold quite high but I don't think it was as high.

I also remember RR Jem had a mould problem in her shipment which caused her price to wobble and a lot of people had trouble clearing her at one point because of that batch. Whereas the few surviving real RR dolls always sell for a stupid amount if they come up.

The one character I feel like I missed out on was Synergy. But eh. I can't afford.

Yes I remember the mold uproar with those poor RR Jems.  Also they were a large large edition I think (all the SDCC dolls after the first one were pretty huge editions).

Be glad you missed Synergy.  She is cool but many are finding that the fashion is starting to peel...

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 05:18:11 PM »

Yes I remember the mold uproar with those poor RR Jems.  Also they were a large large edition I think (all the SDCC dolls after the first one were pretty huge editions).

Be glad you missed Synergy.  She is cool but many are finding that the fashion is starting to peel...

Ah, good advice. I shall regret it less, in that case xD. Thanks for the intel xD.

Yeah, the RR Jem thing was nuts.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal