Creativity > Customs

Darren Hayes Tribute Pony

(1/4) > >>

ChocolateStarfire:
Hi all!

I've been working on this handsome fella all weekend  :P

He was once an unfinished G1 Big Brother custom--a fully repainted purple pony with sun and moon symbols from shes-so-unusual. Now he has been remade to be a pony version of the Australian pop singer Darren Hayes (formerly from Savage Garden).

He is a pearlescent pink, with big blue eyes. He has the most detailed sets of symbols on a pony I have ever made...all handpainted with acrylics and sealed.

A can of Cherry Coke spills across the sides of Darren as a pony, turning into a rainbow. A series of purple and white carnations float beside the flow. On one side are symbols representing song lyrics from the Savage Garden/early solo albums and on the other are symbols of lyrics from a cover and the latest album Homosexual.

I wanted to invoke a Twice As Fancy pony with the repeating rainbow and carnations.

I can't wait to give him his beautiful wavy blonde hair, thanks to Dollyhair. :)

My music themed ponies have been my favorites. And each one has it's own shine. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BlackCurtains:
I'm not familiar with him (but I know of Savage Garden) but this pony is gorgeous! I love, love, love the symbols. I really dig the mountain/beach design. The carnations are so good too! I read the description first but if you didn't say they were carnations, I still would have been able to tell.

Can't wait to see him finished!

ChocolateStarfire:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on March 11, 2024, 08:10:14 AM ---I'm not familiar with him (but I know of Savage Garden) but this pony is gorgeous! I love, love, love the symbols. I really dig the mountain/beach design. The carnations are so good too! I read the description first but if you didn't say they were carnations, I still would have been able to tell.

Can't wait to see him finished!

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much BC! <3

His hair will be here next week (along with a ton of other colors I didn't have before oops)! :D

Ponybookworm:
He's looking good so far & I look forward to seeing him done!!!

ChocolateStarfire:

--- Quote from: Ponybookworm on March 12, 2024, 05:36:49 AM ---He's looking good so far & I look forward to seeing him done!!!

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much Ponybookworm! <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version