collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you getting your family for Christmas?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are you getting your family for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2022, 08:47:00 AM »
Nothing :silly: :devious:
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2022, 08:55:03 AM »
I suck at getting gifts for people, too. :s I love making people happy (or trying to, at least ^^;) but I usually struggle thinking of a good present. I'll have to ask my parents if they've got anything in mind...

I'll probably get my brother and nieces gift cards like usual.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2022, 06:50:10 PM »
My sister gives me a list of Disney pins every year. I will also get her a box of pickled onion chips from the UK that she loves.

My niece is getting some paw patrol stuff (electronic book, plush husky and a pillow buddy of the dalmation)  and the largest corn plush I could find. She has a weird obsession with corn. I might get her some little golden books that I had as a kid but not sure if she will rip paper books or not. She isn't quite 4 yet.

Riley - a big beefhide bone and a chicken dinner.  :lookround:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »
@HOM those are so beautiful! You have a real talent for making stuff. It does seem a shame to make something so pretty just to light the fire with them. I've never used stearin, but I imagine it's just a case of finding the right timing. You could set one aside as a spare and test it with your thumbnail to see when it's set but not too hard.

Oh, thank you! :lovey:
I'll have to remember to test it before I start making more of them. I might have some tiny snowflake stamps somewhere, so first I need to find them.  :biggrin:
:zzz:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 02:04:47 PM »
I've got my baby cousin books and a cuddly toy as well as some chocolate, my uncle some outdoors-themed items (as well as sweets!) and my grandmother assorted things, including cappuccino shortbread!

I'll be getting stuff for my workplace Secret Santa soon, I'm finding the £10 budget quite tricky!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 05:07:02 AM »
Us adults are playing a christmas game this year, so I'm awaiting instructions of price and theme.

For my niece I bought a book of women in history. A couple of years ago she got a book from me about children who changed the world. Now it's time to learn about the power women  :super:.

My nephew is a bit trickier. He's into knights and dragons but is only 2,5 years old so I'm not sure if Schleich figurines are age appropriate? :lookround: What else can I get him?

Hubby is working christmas. For him I got new socks and a hardware drive. It's a bit boring but it's what he wants. :shrug:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2022, 05:57:43 AM »
My nephew is a bit trickier. He's into knights and dragons but is only 2,5 years old so I'm not sure if Schleich figurines are age appropriate? :lookround: What else can I get him?

I'm 99% sure there are knight and castle playsets that are super chunky and meant for young toddlers like your nephew's age range, leave it with me. Might also be worth looking into Mike the Knight, a franchise that's for a younger demographic

EDIT: Something like this, for example! Do you think that your nephew would like that? Paw Patrol also seem to have a knight-themed line at the moment
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:01:31 AM by Lady Frostbite »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »

@Minty_Magic Devour sounds like really good fun are you going with him? I'm also getting my Mum an 'experience' because she likes reflexology. So I'm going to get her a session. Offering to help with something is a really good idea too.

Usually I do! The experience gifts are almost a gift for me too because I like going haha! Unfortunately I went to buy tickets today though and they are already sold out! :( I’ve never seen them sell out so quick before! It must be because it their first year back after the pandemic. Ugh back to the drawing board I guess! There is a brewery he likes that offers a 6 month subscription to their seasonal beers shipped directly to your door….I’m thinking that might be a good back up! The price for that is fairly comparable!

Unfortunately I had decided I was going to buy tickets for my mom to go to devour too since I couldn’t think of anything else to buy her. Now I’m really stuck with what to get her! She is not as adventurous as my dad, so finding events for her is trickier.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 04:03:00 AM »

I'm 99% sure there are knight and castle playsets that are super chunky and meant for young toddlers like your nephew's age range, leave it with me. Might also be worth looking into Mike the Knight, a franchise that's for a younger demographic

EDIT: Something like this, for example! Do you think that your nephew would like that? Paw Patrol also seem to have a knight-themed line at the moment

That was actually cute. Thank you, maybe next year. I ended up asking a store employee in this wonderful toystore that's all about local and enviromental stuff and they had this super cute little dragon outfit, complete with removable wings! I so hope he's gonna like it! If not my sister has to adopt him away!

My hubby, who hardly ever shops for himself bought four (4!!!) huge packages of socks the other day that was on sale! I could not tell him his getting a couple for christmas as well so he's gonna have enough to last him a couple of years now! :|

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2022, 02:29:44 PM »
got my sister a Belle and  Beast Jim Shore figure as the 1 pricey gift we get each other we'll do a bunch of small fun gifts as well, I already know what she's getting me simply due to the fact that my switch -its a 2017 model with known battery issues- is finally dying out and she told me to not buy another lol.
rest of the family? no clue.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 04:47:08 AM »
I've run out of money so I guess I'll handmake some things.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2022, 03:34:24 PM »
Daughter-Ornament, snack basket, cds, patch.

Grandma-decorative centerpiece,  lotion pack

Uncle-clothes

Cousins-clothes, nail polish/glitter bucket, shaving kit, Rescue Ranger box set

Aunt- gift card

Bf- batman patch
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:10:29 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2022, 04:44:08 AM »
I've finished my Christmas shopping a while ago after ordering a decorative canvas for a family member, I didn't get my pets anything specific since they get spoiled all year round  :P My work Secret Santa is waiting for them (and I JUST found out they won't be in for it!! NOOO!!!!), I'm taking my other family gifts down to them today to either hand over or collect, and that's me done!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2022, 06:44:10 AM »
I have some money again :) I said this in another thread (can't remember where) but my mom is going into Assisted Living and won't be able to have her cat so I'm getting a realistic plush with a personalized collar. I hope it makes her happy and helps. My dad is getting a homemade needle felted sheep and some other little things. Haven't looked for my niece yet, but she's easy to shop for so I'm not worried.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
I usually don't buy gifts, but this year both of my parents, my sister, and my fiance had specific requests so I bought those for them. Then I bought my baby cousin a cute Rudolph plush!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal