collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Pony fairs the same thing as a Brony convention?  (Read 366 times)

samuelkingsley

• Trade Count: (0)
Are Pony fairs the same thing as a Brony convention?
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »
Sorry about my ignorance but until recently I've been heavily into the Brony scene!

Elfie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are Pony fairs the same thing as a Brony convention?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
I'm not sure.  I haven't ever been to the pony fair.  I've only been to Equestria LA once.  I have noticed the difference between this forum with more traditional pony fans vs. more bronies is this one is more about collecting ponies and toys, where as the brony community is more heavilly into talking about the G4 cartoon.  I imagine the difference between the two conventions might be similiar.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »
I've never been to the MLP:Fair, but I think that there's going to be a few big differences, namely that, MLP Fair would focus heavily on all gens, where a brony convention would be mainly G4.

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
I've never been to the MLP:Fair, but I think that there's going to be a few big differences, namely that, MLP Fair would focus heavily on all gens, where a brony convention would be mainly G4.

Absolutely not the same! Melipuffles is spot on with this.

I've not been to a Brony con- not a brony myself at all- but some of my friends have been. Pony Fairs and similar older gen cons focus on the collecting aspect, the customising aspect, and the classic G1 cartoons. I've seen some G4 stuff being added in recently, but it's not the main focus by any means. Brony cons, however, mostly focus on the FIM show and merch.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
You can check out some of the threads from the 2013 MLP Fair in the Fair forum found at the top of the Corral :) That will give you a general vibe. But, yes, perhaps the main difference is that the Fair is all gen and also the majority of people on this forum and at the Fair are focused on toy collecting rather than the media aspect [not everyone of course].
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal