collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing right now?  (Read 89043 times)

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
Re: Gamers, what are you playing right now?
« Reply #1065 on: October 13, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »
I have recently gotten back into playing valve games after finishing the main arch of Skyrim, so I play Team Foretress 2 and Left for Dead 2 quite frequently. There is something I quite enjoy with playing team based games and being a quite supportive class/player, but I also enjoy the fact that steam allows for name changes, so I change my name once in a while to pop-culture characters for laughs. I mean people laugh at the fact that the kill-feed says "walter white killed roxxy" etc.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1066 on: October 13, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
I finally beat Dragon Age: Origins last weekend and got started on Dragon Age: Awakening. Origins jsut felt like it never ended and I had a hard time immersing myself in it. I've played up through Kal-Hirol on Awakening and so far I've really enjoyed it!

I guess it's because I played Dragon Age II first but I just wasn't all that impressed with Origins. I thought the storyline and worldbuilding were interesting but the pacing of the game was horrible. Even with skipping side quests it just went on and on and I had a hard time becoming as attached to the companions as I did in DA2. I know a lot of people bash DA2 for being such a radical departure from its predecessor (I won't deny that!), but I actually feel it's the better game. It feels much smoother and less of a slog than one. The writing is also a huge improvement, in m opinion. I became deeply invested in the characters of DA2; you could empathize with their reasoning for why they made the (sometimes really stupid) decisions they did. The Origins companions feel rather stiff in comparison.

I am super excited for Inquisition but also rather nervous due to some of the combat changes and some of the retconning of 2 they've done. I'm not happy with how they've turned Anders into a villain in the intervening years.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 19, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
Wii Punch-Out-still trying to beat that pain in my butt Soda Popinski. I can't figure out how to dodge his punches and I can't last a single round. why did they make him sooo tough? fun fact I've never even gotten to him in NES Punch Out
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Hervoyel

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #1068 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:04 AM »
I just started XCOM: Enemy Unknown last night, thinking I'd give it an hour and see how it played.  Somehow it was 1:30am before I realized that I'd been at it for quite a bit longer than that!  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 20, 2014, 04:36:58 PM »
Petz Beach for the 3DS. I know a lot of people would dismiss this cuz it's part of the Petz franchise, but I wish they wouldn't. It is actually made by a Japanese company called MTO Power. This game reminds me of a combination of Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. It's a lot of fun and very addicting.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #1070 on: October 21, 2014, 07:05:06 AM »
Finishing up my Oracle of Seasons game to pass time until Ruby/Sapphire remakes come out. My husband is HOGGING the tv with Destiny, so no Hyrule warriors for me Lol

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
Finishing up my Oracle of Seasons game to pass time until Ruby/Sapphire remakes come out. My husband is HOGGING the tv with Destiny, so no Hyrule warriors for me Lol

Seasons is a great game! How's Hyrule Warriors? Is it fun?

I'm playing Super Mario Bros. 2
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

flyawayraven

« Reply #1072 on: October 21, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Just got a 2DS yesterday! Unfortunately I went a bit nuts with birthday indulgences so I can't buy Pokemon X for a little bit, but this means I can finally play my DS games again! Maybe I'll finally finish Pokemon Pearl! ;)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
Petz Beach for the 3DS. I know a lot of people would dismiss this cuz it's part of the Petz franchise, but I wish they wouldn't. It is actually made by a Japanese company called MTO Power. This game reminds me of a combination of Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. It's a lot of fun and very addicting.
I miss the old Petz games by PF Magic. I played them up to Petz 4 and was extremely involved in the online communities and stuff. This was back in the late 90s and early 2000s when I still had dial-up internet! Eventually I realized that I was actually addicted to the games and cut myself off cold turkey. I still have all of my petz saved on a floppy disc somewhere, though. ;) It's so funny, though, that that stuff was so long ago that the websites where people usually talked about and traded Petz don't exist anymore. It was like a whole different world and a dark part of my personal history (yes, I'm being dramatic for the humor). Anyway, so I would be the last person in the world to dismiss any of the Petz games as not being video games. ;P I might have to try the one you mentioned -- I've continued to -not- follow the games to this day, but I think I can contain myself enough to try Petz Beach. ;)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
I'm working through the "Ratchet and Clank" series (I'm up to Crack in Time) but occasionally I stop blowing up robots to solve a puzzle in Mr. Skeen's Prof. Layton game for him.

He hates when I solve a puzzle that stumps him.  ^^

Snix

« Reply #1075 on: October 22, 2014, 03:08:37 AM »
Restarting the Metroid saga again, starting from the NES/famicom one.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1076 on: October 22, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »
I got a 3DS for my birthday along with Animal Crossing :freak: I haven't started playing yet (because I know it will consume me if it's anything like the GC version, and I hear it is). So excited! Ahh!

I miss the old Petz games by PF Magic. I played them up to Petz 4 and was extremely involved in the online communities and stuff. This was back in the late 90s and early 2000s when I still had dial-up internet! Eventually I realized that I was actually addicted to the games and cut myself off cold turkey. I still have all of my petz saved on a floppy disc somewhere, though. ;)

Me too! I was a hexer, although not one of the super famous ones. I think the most popular breed I made were my Sparkle Danes. I spent so much time on those forums. I also have all my Petz saved to an old floppy :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1077 on: October 23, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »
I got my own 2DS this summer, and boyfriend went ahead and gave me my own Animal Crossing New Leaf, which mean I had to start all over again from the beginning. But at least now I can controll my own town. So I play a couple of hours every day.

On PS4 we just got Peggle2 and even tho it is addictive I absolutly dislike what they have done to the game when it comes to characters and how they react on certain things. (Goats head exploding when you get high fever, mooning from a yeti). It's so childish it's stupid. But I like the game itself so.

And on Wii U boyfriend got me hooked on Zelda. Don't bash me when I say I don't know which one it is, because I don't know, other than it's one of the older ones.

Snix, my boyfriend absolutley love Metroid and he plays through all the games ones in a while.. only girl ever I get jealous of is Samus, lol.

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 25, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
NAMCO Museum.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »
I have just started playing a game called Castle Clash.
So far it's been pretty fun, but I keep getting attacked.
And I think I made my username too girly because I keep getting messages "are you a girl?" Well, yeah I am but what does that have to do with anything LMAO!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal