collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you don't really care for but buy to complete a set  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Ponies you don't really care for but buy to complete a set
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
 Do you buy ponies just to complete a set,even though you don't really like them that much?

I want to have all the regular release US G1 ponies, but there have been a few I bought just to have the whole set but I don't really like that particular pony that much. My most recent one was Taffeta. I had been stalking her on ebay for a while, waiting for a decently priced one. But after winning her I thought...I really don't like the way she looks that much. I kinda feel the same way about the other princess ponies that have the tinsel forelock...which is probably why I cut off my childhood Pristina's  tinsel cluster back in the day.

I also don't really like the flower fantasy set all that much.. but I ended up with one from a lot once and so I am always looking for a good price the other two to eventually buy them.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you don't really care for but buy to complete a set
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
I try not to do that and to only collect ones I like despite how bad I want to complete the set! :P I'm trying to complete my Twinkle Eye set and I just had Mimic and Bright Eyes left. I never actively searched for Bright Eyes because her colors always put me off. But I went ahead and bought one so I'd just have Mimic left and I actually like her when I held her for the first time :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »
I also try to stick to just the ponies I really like and pretend sets don't exist, so I don't have to worry about completing them. But it's hard  :P

When I went through my collection after getting back into ponies, I was very firm with myself about not keeping ponies only because they filled out sets. Rule: If I don't like her on her own, I don't keep her, lol. I find I do appreciate my collection a lot more when it's only ponies I love.

At least that's my theory... And yet I have a couple of So Softs that ought to go, according to my supposed rule XD And I want all the Sparkle adults because I have all the Sparkle babies... even though I don't really like the orange ones... Sooo...  :drunk: :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »
I'm really fussy about which ponies I like with the exception of baby ponies so I try to complete baby pony sets but I split up other sets,

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
The Blind Bag Glitter Twilight Sparkle. I had no interest in any of the glitter ponies and Twilight is my least favorite. However, after I found glitter RD by chance and received glitter Pinkie Pie on my birthday...okay, now I NEED Twilight to complete the set!

Actually, I was gifted a ton of the Blind Bag ponies on my birthday, which, along with the ones I already owned before then, I kind of want to just go ahead and get all 24 now. I had intended only to buy my favorites, but now that I honestly think I'm only about 3 ponies away (including the previously mentioned glitter Twilight Sparkle) I figure I may as well go for the whole group!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
Nope. I'm not a complete-ist, I don't worry about getting the full set. The only full set I own is the activity club babies. However I would like to complete the 1:st rainbow ponies, I genuinely like every pony in that set.

Edit to add: forgot about the 1983 "mane 6", I do have those girls!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:14:18 AM by little.fox »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 12:17:20 AM »
I don't collect sets, so not really.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 02:25:01 AM »
I use to collect set but I really dislike poseys pose so broke my sets to get rid of them. Medley and dutch singalong were 2 that stick to mind that I really didnt like. Now I dont collect sets but it was very hard to get over not collecting sets.. old habits die hard I guess

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 02:36:07 AM »
I'm not a set collector, except maybe with baby/newborn ponies. I stick to ponies I like, because I can't afford/just don't want to buy everything just for the sake of owning it.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »
yep, and there will be more.  I don't hate any of them, but for example, Mimic was a bit of a meh, but she was the last of the twinkle eyes I needed, and I saw her for a reasonable price so I grabbed her.  I am a gotta have em all collector.

Gonzo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »
I dunno about Twinkleshine at the moment, but I guess I'll end up acquiring her down the line (hopefully before she gets horribly expensive).

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 03:14:18 AM »
I am a gotta have em all collector.

Same here! :)  There's no real pony I don't like though; I enjoy them all!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 04:06:49 AM »
I like completing sets, I have 6 so far :)
My Baby Pony set just happend by chanse when I just got started, I bought them seperate and than saw that they were from the same set ^^
The baby ballerina set I needed cus my sister and I had one each when we were young. I had 9 of them (from lots and such) before I sold the duplicates xD
And when I found my old Beautiful Bows and needed the other ones ^^ I dont like my Bangles but that 'cus she is in reeeaaly bad shpe >.< I'm so getting a new one!

I cant say I wouldn't buy a pony I dont like, 'cus a bought an Apple Jack for my Big Mac custom xD but still I don't like spending money on things I don't care for :p

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 04:21:36 AM »
I am a gotta have em all collector.

This for me! I "will" have them all...and although there are some I maybe love a little less than others...I dont dislike any...all ponies are welcome here.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »

This for me! I "will" have them all...and although there are some I maybe love a little less than others...I dont dislike any...all ponies are welcome here.

I totally agree with that. I do have ponies im a little less fond of in a set. However, I see something positive in every G1 I see. Though I am a gotta have every G1 pony I see type of collector. So I think I shall be busy for the next 3000 years.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal