collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Proxy Buying (Japan Rabbit)  (Read 1232 times)

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Proxy Buying (Japan Rabbit)
« on: January 05, 2023, 01:23:21 PM »
So, in a moment of fan-induced madness, I've ordered a hanging wallscroll from Melonbooks via a proxy buyer Japan Rabbit. I've never ordered via proxys, I'd rather order direct from anyone but that wasn't an option for this site; has anyone else done this? Has it worked out well? I'm very worried now since the shipping isn't outright stated. The item is pre=order at the moment from the seller.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Proxy Buying (Japan Rabbit)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 12:46:33 AM »
I've used Proxy's before but I've not heard of Japan Rabbit. The one I use is Rinkya.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 10:12:16 AM »
I've never ordered from Melonbooks or used Japan Rabbit, but I've used proxies loads of times - my preferred ones are Treasure-Japan, Buyee and Tenso. So I can't comment on this particular site/proxy, but in general, my experience with proxies has been very pleasant! :) They usually don't state shipping upfront since they need to calculate it when it arrives, shipping is usually based on the weight of the package rather than being a fixed rate. Usually the proxy site will have a shipping calculator though so if you have an idea of how much the package will weigh, you can try that to get an idea of how much shipping will be (it's not generally exact but it can help to give you a ballpark figure). Sometimes you can get stung with big shipping bills but usually that only happens to me if I combine a few too many packages together - shipping has been a bit pricier in recent years since less options are available due to COVID and the war in Ukraine, but it's usually not too bad, pretty much what you'd expect from international shipping. Hope this helps :)

Online Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 02:35:51 PM »
Thank you for the replies  :) It makes me feel a bit more secure, and gives me hope that I could one day order direct from sensei's mail order and support her. Here's hoping it goes well!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »
I've ordered via them when they were WhiteRabbitExpress :) Had no issues with them and they're pretty quick!

ETA: I haven't ordered a pre-order via them. But my items were via Amazon Japan and a Manga retailer. Nothing was too outrageous price wise.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 04:00:51 PM by Moonbreeze »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 09:10:24 AM »
They're not the cheapest but when I was using one in the past, I always used Noppin (it was Crescent Trading, Ithink, originally). I did that because it had good reviews and because they've always come through for me on difficult transactions (like when something doesn't turn up, or they need to find something out).

I'm familiar with Rinkya and Buyee and haven't heard bad things about either, I don't know the Japan Rabbit one.

It's annoying because I could ask the seller stuff direct, but I can't, because they won't ship to me. I swear, I bought way too much random stuff online in the 3 months I was in Japan because even shipping it home myself was cheaper -.-

But yeah, there are a lot of decent proxies floating around. Good idea to look at reviews and feedback from other users, but there's always a small amount of risk involved.

At least buying direct from Amazon.jp is now possible (at least it is to the UK). When I started out looking up stuff, nothing was.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 01:39:31 PM »
I just wanted to update this thread that I have paid for the shipping and a couple of extras for my scroll after Japan Rabbit FINALLY received it ... it's all looking good so far!! I probably paid far too much for a silly wall scroll, but merch of this series is so rare! If it all goes well, I think I'll be using them to buy directly from sensei's store to support her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal