collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures! Plushies! Etc!  (Read 27770 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
*cracks knuckles* Let's have a nice happy thread about Basic Fun's upcoming releases! It'd be nice to get everything in one thread anyways, so far all the news about this year's releases have been scattered around a few threads anyway.

Out now:
40th Anniversary plushies - Glory, Moondancer, Firefly
Per Basic Fun, there will be two runs of these: One WITHOUT the "40th" mark on the hoof, and one WITH. The latter is a running change intended to be the "finalized" design for these plushies.
These DO NOT come in the boxes they were originally photographed with, it does not look like this will be "fixed" for later runs.

40th Anniversary Collector ponies - Snuzzle, Cotton Candy, Minty, Butterscotch, Bluebelle, Blossom
These are re-releases of the earlier 35th ann. release and do NOT have the altered "40th" symbols shown in earlier promo photos. The only difference from the 35th ann. releases are the 40th Ann. brushes and their packaging. edit: the 40th ann. ponies do have some subtle differences compared to the previous releases, i.e. slightly different symbols, eyes

Pearly Cotton Candy, Blossom and Mini Glory set - Target exclusive (in the US)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Celestial Ponies - Polaris, Nova, Aurora, Milky Way

Amazon links:
Aurora (hot pink trotting pose) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPJZHT6Y
Polaris (light blue trotting pose) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPK2351F
Nova (dark blue Tootsie pose) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPK1BKSC
(I can't find a listing for Milky Way, the light pink pony. Don't think she's up yet? LMK if I've missed it and I'll add it in!)
There are two versions of Nova: the original white-striped version, and an updated version with pink stripes. Basic Fun have stated the white version is being phased out and pink stripes will be standard going forward!

40th Anniversary 2" Figure Collector Pack - Inspired by Rescue at Midnight Castle

https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Anniversary-Collector/dp/B0BK22QV85

(Placeholder/mock-up photo! Does anyone have a link to the Finnish site that had the actual photo of these? I swear I saw it a day ago and now I can't find it anywhere XD)

Mini Blind Box ponies
See this post for pics and codes!

Think that's everything :)

Personally I don't know which I'm more excited for, the Celestials or the RaMC set!!! They're all soooo pretty, and I'm so thrilled to see the Celestials FINALLY coming to fruition!!! :frolic:

(edited to clarify differences between 35th/40th anniversary ponies)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 05:47:42 PM by Carrehz »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 06:00:11 PM »
I love the stars on the pink one. Is it silly to think the blue one's symbol looks a bit like Samus Aran's ship?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline normaleeinsane

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:10:14 PM »
I'm so excited for the new releases. We only just started getting some of the retro releases like Posey and Tootsie in New Zealand. But I hope that means we'll get some of the other releases like the anniversary plushies and Celestial Ponies.  :happy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 06:15:22 PM »
I'm so excited for the new releases. We only just started getting some of the retro releases like Posey and Tootsie in New Zealand. But I hope that means we'll get some of the other releases like the anniversary plushies and Celestial Ponies.  :happy:

Hope you guys do too

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 06:53:51 PM »
I couldn't find the light pink pony on Amazon either.  I didn't realize the ligh pink pony was named Milky Way. For some reason I thought one of the names being considered was Nebula?  I'm excited for these and the RAMC set.

I keep wondering why the placeholder for the RAMC set includes the ponies it does.  I realize this isn't the final product we're seeing but why include ponies like Butterscotch, Minty, Seashell and Trickles when Basic Fun has made all of the ponies mentioned? I just realized they're all Earth ponies except for Glory. Did Basic Fun just put random ponies on the box? The only ones that are featured on the box correctly are Bowtie and Glory.

I also want the plush.  :lovey:  I hope US Amazon gets them soon.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 06:56:46 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 07:00:11 PM »
I think she's Milky Way, yeah, unless they've changed it from what they had at Toy Fair. which I wouldn't complain if they did, I much prefer Nebula to a recycled name XP

yeah the placeholder is so weird!! I really think they just used whatever G1 images they found first, haha. It's odd they're even using a placeholder when we KNOW they have a proper stock photo of the actual ponies all ready to go... online listings are so weird :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 07:47:49 PM »
I think she's Milky Way, yeah, unless they've changed it from what they had at Toy Fair. which I wouldn't complain if they did, I much prefer Nebula to a recycled name XP

yeah the placeholder is so weird!! I really think they just used whatever G1 images they found first, haha. It's odd they're even using a placeholder when we KNOW they have a proper stock photo of the actual ponies all ready to go... online listings are so weird :P

Which ones are you hoping to get most out of the blind boxes?

And which ones would everyone like to see them make? Could you guys imagine a movie set? Or maybe a Tales set?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:49:55 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 07:53:43 PM »
Oh man, I don't know XD They're all sooo cute. Maybe Glory or Moondancer... really I just want them all :silly: I wish they weren't blind boxed, but at least there's none that I'd be disappointed to get! hehe.

Oh man a movie or Tales set would be awesome.

Absolute dream would be Big Brothers, or some of the cartoon exclusive characters (I'd kill for a figure of Tirac, or Sting the bumblebee). TAFs would be adorable but I dunno if the symbols might be a bit too fiddly to do at this size (at the least I'd expect them to simplify them a bit if they did do them). Ooohh, now my head's buzzing with ideas for these *w*

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 07:58:30 PM »
Oh man, I don't know XD They're all sooo cute. Maybe Glory or Moondancer... really I just want them all :silly: I wish they weren't blind boxed, but at least there's none that I'd be disappointed to get! hehe.

Oh man a movie or Tales set would be awesome.

Absolute dream would be Big Brothers, or some of the cartoon exclusive characters (I'd kill for a figure of Tirac, or Sting the bumblebee). TAFs would be adorable but I dunno if the symbols might be a bit too fiddly to do at this size (at the least I'd expect them to simplify them a bit if they did do them). Ooohh, now my head's buzzing with ideas for these *w*

Yes to Mini Big Brothers! :good: Or Sparkle Ponies!  I wish they weren't blind boxed either, but I'm sure people will be willing to sell or trade doubles. I'd like to have Starflower. Her hair looks like sherbet. As far as TAFS...just as long as they're not eyeless... :devious:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 01:47:40 AM »
As far as TAFS...just as long as they're not eyeless... :devious:

oh man, imagine if they did a tiny version of Wallpaper Majesty :lmao:

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 02:34:29 AM »
I hope this opens the door for them to take a little more creative liberty or at least make more unreleased sets.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 03:10:07 AM »
MLP Tales with Miss Hackney as a Chase figure might be an option. That would be interesting, don't you think?

They're animated so in blind bag form it's possible. I don't see them making retro versions of those ponies in full though.

I'm certain now that those placeholder pictures on the box for the RaMC are the pictures they used either to promote their retro release sets or the ones from the boxes. Which makes sense if they aren't ready to use their own yet.

There's part of me that things 40th anniversary is the finale, though, at least for the pony line. I suppose we'll see what happens, but it wouldn't surprise me if they branch out into blind bags more, given their other products in that area, and that might be the bulk of it going forward.

Are there other sets that they didn't release, or are we only dealing with prototypes that look different (like the first tooth baby sundance which was a repeat pony if a different release plan).

The final Celestial's product number is probably 35344, based on the others, but I can't find anything for her at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:23:47 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 03:15:08 AM »
Not sure, the ones in the bottom row, on the left (pink, purple, yellow ponies), seem to have ombre effect on the hooves and the muzzle? Or is it the lighting?

There has to be more that never saw the light of day.

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 08:45:26 AM »
Holy moly! This has definitely pulled me out of my "break" from ponies! Those Celestial Ponies are so PRETTY! And I saw the plushies and SO want one!
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 10:00:48 AM »
Holy moly! This has definitely pulled me out of my "break" from ponies! Those Celestial Ponies are so PRETTY! And I saw the plushies and SO want one!

The plushes are lovely! The original ones ended up being rather like furry bricks after years of play and being washed but these are fresh and soft, so I am going to grab Firefly at some point to join my other two.

DreamValleyMLP, I always squint at that photo wishing to have a zoom function (lol) but they look a little bit like the Colorswirl ponies?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal