collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)  (Read 6619 times)

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »
Re-hairing Catrine in royal purple, repainting werecat twin faces, and making a blue version of thatg33kgirl's infamous MH Pinkie Pie doll.  (I'm using an Abby for the body, and thinking of re-using that Abby's hair for the mane/tail.)

Also, head removal is driving me bonkers.  I ended up breaking the back of one twin's neck (thankfully her hair will hide it)!

Are you using any heat to soften up the heads when you remove them?  I use a heating pad, others recommend a hair dryer, some say running their heads under hot water, anything to get the vinyl to heat up and come off easier.  Makes head removal SO much easier!

I learned that the hard way.  The other werecats lost their heads a lot more easily.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
Re-hairing Catrine in royal purple, repainting werecat twin faces, and making a blue version of thatg33kgirl's infamous MH Pinkie Pie doll.  (I'm using an Abby for the body, and thinking of re-using that Abby's hair for the mane/tail.)

Also, head removal is driving me bonkers.  I ended up breaking the back of one twin's neck (thankfully her hair will hide it)!

Are you using any heat to soften up the heads when you remove them?  I use a heating pad, others recommend a hair dryer, some say running their heads under hot water, anything to get the vinyl to heat up and come off easier.  Makes head removal SO much easier!

I learned that the hard way.  The other werecats lost their heads a lot more easily.

Good!  I'm glad you've got it down now ;)  Soon you'll be a pro :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

megan_applejack

« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »
My first attempt at a custom doll. She was a rescue from someone else's attempt to customize.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

jeapos88

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
I am working on a custom Deuce, with real hair, my first custom. So far I have learned that eyes suck to paint, and don't get acetone on the bodies, cause they kinda melt >_<

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2013, 04:44:34 PM »

Finally gave my leprechauns faces. Not sure I'm happy with their eyes though... I feel like I need to add eyelashes, but I'm pretty terrible at them... what do you guys think?
personally i love the eyes as is.
i think sometime the lashes are a bit too much.
but this amount seems perfect.
still lovely, but not overly flashy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:17:20 PM by rosierjay »

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
I didn't think I would attempt another reroot but so much for that notion. I'm using a different method than my first and I like it a lot better. I'm also using more than one color. So much for my first reroot being my last! I hope this one is an improvement.

Edit: Here's the link in case anyone is curious:

http://www.brutalsunstudio.com/reroot.htm
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:59:05 PM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

cleverLC

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
Catrine, why must you have so much glue inside your head?  I just want to take that lavender out!

(Is it possible to leave the pink streak from her bangs in, while still replacing the rest of her hair?)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Teeechnically, but it's pretty damn hard to do. I personally find trimming down the color you want to remove, and then carefully pulling it out from the inside works best, that way if you accidentally grab the color you want to keep you can let go and pull it back out to normal length.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal