collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Werecat Twins  (Read 570 times)

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
Werecat Twins
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
I've discovered my local TRU has the werecat twins (Meowlody and Purrsephone) in stock and I'm debating reserving and buying them.

I do love werecats, although I didn't much like Catrine, and their shoes especially are pretty awesome. I'm still hesitating on dropping £30 on them, though (even if it is at least £10 cheaper than anywhere online).

I know some of you have them, so I'd be interested in seeing some deboxed shots (especially of their tails) and hearing what you think about them.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Werecat Twins
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:25 AM »
I'll take pics for you toady still. I love the idea of twin characters. I think their design is interesting and they look different and still extremely similar if you know what I mean. My only gripe is that they don't come with stands, so I need to get stands for them separately. I love their fashions. Edgy and stylish, like Toralei.

Their purses are a bit me to me. I get the idea of them being balls of yarn,but the way they look in person is just a bit disappointing. The idea is perhaps better than the realization of it.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:51:58 AM »
I don't have a pic right now but I may take one later. However, I LOVE the werecat twins. I just love the werecats in general. But of all the MH dolls that I own, I think the twins have the COOLEST outfits. Very edgy, as Nana said. And their boots are to die for.
I wasn't even much of a MH collector when I saw them on the shelf. I was kinda new to the whole MH and ponies were a priority where spending money was concerned. I walk into TRU with the sole intention of buying something pony related. Well, I got my ponies, and the twins came along for the ride. I could not pass them up. They are just awesomely unique.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:01:17 AM »
I have one picture, but their hair stripes are hidden in it. I hate their hair stripes and some day I will rehair them both.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »
Okay, here come my kitties!

Waving for the camera if not looking at it.

Kitties with a kitty, yes, I am a creepy cat lady and I just lost all street cred I might have ever had. Good thing I didn't have any  :biggrin:

The boots, sorry this first one is blurry >_<

More sisters

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:08:05 AM »
I approve of your game books Nana!   :thumb: Oh, and the kitty too! I have two cats, myself :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:10 AM »
I am a long time gamer. Most of the books are my fiancees, but all the Werewolf the Apocalypse, that don't show are mine! I have played since High School and my fiance and I met through an RPG association at university. We still play.

Mr. Gaius was confused when I posed the twins with him, but like a good kitty, he posed too. :lol:

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 06:55:10 AM »
I caved.

I now have Meowlody and Purrsephone sitting in front of me waiting to be de-boxed.

And a Ghouls Rule Frankie for cheap (relatively).

And the free Monster High tote bag.

I went into ASDA to defrost before heading to TRU, spotted Ghouls Rule Frankie (who I've been eyeing because her dress is gorgeous) for £16 (much cheaper than the £23 I've been seeing her for). Since TRU price matches, I snapped a photo, and got that knocked off my Frankie.

I would have gone for the slightly cheaper Scaris, Skull Shores, RM or Dance ones but they had a huge amount of Ghoulia's and basically nothing else.

Pics will happen once I have finished deboxing.

faunabay

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
I went into ASDA to defrost before heading to TRU, spotted Ghouls Rule Frankie (who I've been eyeing because her dress is gorgeous) for £16 (much cheaper than the £23 I've been seeing her for). Since TRU price matches, I snapped a photo, and got that knocked off my Frankie.
Wait TRU price matches?  I don't have kids so haven't shopped there until I started buying (hoarding :P) MH dolls. So if I take a pic on my phone from Walmart or Target they'll match the price?

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »
I'm not sure about American TRU's but the one I went into does.

You might want to check.

They need proof that the picture was taken that day (so it's not a special sale or promotion or something).

faunabay

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
Kitties with a kitty, yes, I am a creepy cat lady and I just lost all street cred I might have ever had. Good thing I didn't have any  :biggrin:

This is great!! :haha:  Your live kitty looks so calm about it. 

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
I personally love werecats, they are my new obsession lol. However I hate their tails xD the first thing I do is yank them off rofl.

as for the twins, I wouldnt say they are my favorite werecats, Tor and cat reserve that spot. but i LOVE the twins outfits lol, I agree, their shoes are awesome, and the red jacket makes me think of Michael Jackson xD im such a fan. I kinda wish they didnt have the hair stripes, but its an easy enough thing to fix. :) if you like them, id say buy em, I'm really glad I bought mine. ^^
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
Wait TRU price matches?  I don't have kids so haven't shopped there until I started buying (hoarding :P) MH dolls. So if I take a pic on my phone from Walmart or Target they'll match the price?

I know with target they have date ranges on the bottom of the tags to show when the sale starts and ends.. Walmart I'm not as sure of... Lol

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »
I love my Photobucket app.

Pictures.

Yarn, yarn, OMG YARN

Rawr

What happens when you skritch a werecat behind the ears? (I used to know a cat who would just fall over and start purring when you skritched him behind the ears)

Twins

Aaaand bonus Frankie pics

Mask

Shiny

Double, double, toil and trouble

And leaving with Ghoulia doing a round kick.

suicidemilk23

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »
I'm glad I saw this because I have been debating about getting the Werecat Twins as well, now I must!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal