collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your plans for your collection?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your plans for your collection?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
I have already reduced my collection to under 50 dolls (boxed and loose).  My list of new dolls coming out I want is very short, 5-7 dolls.  I'm just running out of space in my bedroom.  Most are boxed, so they take up more room.  I would like to debox them, but I'm waiting to get plexiglass cases.  I only have one shelf of deboxed dolls and they are already dusty lol.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »
I'm afraid of getting too cluttered with toys, so I'm going to TRY to not go overboard.  I've decided I want to have fun with these guys so I'm taking them out of their boxes and actually playing with them. 

As for collecting I'm going to stick to one of each character.

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
I'm afraid of getting too cluttered with toys, so I'm going to TRY to not go overboard.  I've decided I want to have fun with these guys so I'm taking them out of their boxes and actually playing with them. 

Good luck on not getting cluttered and sticking to one of each character.   :P  And I am TOTALLY with you on taking them out of the box.  To me that's the biggest joy with them.  Getting to play with their hair and clothes.  Enjoy!!!

I do have a quite a few of them but I only buy the ones I really want and truthfully now that I've semi-caught up with buying the ones that have already been released (I found monster high not too long ago myself) I don't have as many as I was afraid I'd buy!   :lol:  I'd have alot less if I hadn't discovered CAMs though too.  :snicker:

Offline joey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

Good luck on not getting cluttered and sticking to one of each character.   :P  And I am TOTALLY with you on taking them out of the box.  To me that's the biggest joy with them.  Getting to play with their hair and clothes.  Enjoy!!!

I do have a quite a few of them but I only buy the ones I really want and truthfully now that I've semi-caught up with buying the ones that have already been released (I found monster high not too long ago myself) I don't have as many as I was afraid I'd buy!   :lol:  I'd have alot less if I hadn't discovered CAMs though too.  :snicker:

I really like the CaMs too, but I find the add on packs confusing... why only give us half a doll?  The skeleton, puma, and the bee girl are all super fun but I hate that I have to tack it on to something that doesn't match... and then you have leftover parts that don't get used.  What the what?

Melissa

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »
I really like the CaMs too, but I find the add on packs confusing... why only give us half a doll?  The skeleton, puma, and the bee girl are all super fun but I hate that I have to tack it on to something that doesn't match... and then you have leftover parts that don't get used.  What the what?
Ugh! This so much! I have two CAM two-packs: Vampire/Sea Monster and Dragon/Werewolf. I would love more, but I have enough difficulty with finding wigs since even the packs with both torsos only have 1 wig (besides the Ice/Blob or Gorgon/Mummy, but I've never seen them in stores EVER)... At least I've accumulated Bratz and Liv dolls whose outfits and wigs I've harvested. Finding a spare torso is just beyond annoying to me, no matter how gorgeous the Three-Eyed Ghoul , Harpy, and Skeleton are.

Shahaila

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »
My aim currently is to finish getting all of the Ghouls Alive dolls, and obtaining a basic (signature) Ghoulia Yelps doll. She's pretty high up on my list!
As I will probably never be able to get my hands on SDCC Ghoulia, Signature Ghoulia is honestly the true goal of my collection.  They are the only two I am missing.  The hubby says that he is sure one day I will even get the SDCC one, but I honestly doubt he would let me spend that kind of money on her.  I keep praying for a re-release of Signature Ghoulia.

Offline joey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »
My aim currently is to finish getting all of the Ghouls Alive dolls, and obtaining a basic (signature) Ghoulia Yelps doll. She's pretty high up on my list!
As I will probably never be able to get my hands on SDCC Ghoulia, Signature Ghoulia is honestly the true goal of my collection.  They are the only two I am missing.  The hubby says that he is sure one day I will even get the SDCC one, but I honestly doubt he would let me spend that kind of money on her.  I keep praying for a re-release of Signature Ghoulia.

As I am late to collecting, I too would like the Signatures to be re-released haha.  I hope the ones that are appearing overseas come back here as well.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »
My plan... *gulp* I already have too many, so I don't know!!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
I thought about this a lot on a longish car ride today, even though I have answered this already. I counted my dolls yesterday and in three months of collecting I have accumulated 47 dolls (!) so because I have gotten so many in such a short time, I decided that I need parameters to control my collection.

These are the ones I came up with. No CAMS, I just don't get them. The idea is really neat, but it's not for me, so no. No play sets. i simply do not have the room for them, so no. No buying dolls just because they are sort of neat, just get the ones i really want. No beach dolls. I have a couple now, but in general I am just not that into them. No buying dolls because they are cheap. Especially if I don't really want them.

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
I'm considering selling most of mine. I have the first release of every character with the exception of Catrine and Jackson (I thought I had the GB version. Might be hiding) 

my Werecat Twins and sig Jackson are still boxed, and Robecca, Skelita and Jinafire haven't even been taken out of their mailer boxes.

I like the superhero ones, so I might pick those up. I'll keep my SDCCs and my Lagoona as she was my first but the rest...sitting up on my shelf. Not excited about the new characters at all. Nothing about them to make them stand out/isn't a rehash of something on another character. Even Heath looks pretty dull and flat with his singular bee-girl shade of yellow. Nowhere near as good as Deuce or Holt look. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
I'm planning on collecting only new characters and dolls I am obsessive about from now on. I have little room and need money for my new bjd hobby. I am currently selling a few I am no longer absolutely in love with.

aroa678

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
I want to buy dolls I like for customizing.
Once deboxed in home, if I love her, I´ll customize and keep. If I just like her, I´ll customize and try to sell to buy another one.
Although my plan is keep only all the werecats, I´m falling in love with some others like signature Howleen, B/W SS Frankie, Mummy and Gorgon girls...
I know I can buy mummy and gorgon again, if I sell them, but for sig. Howleen and Frankie, I´m not so sure so, I´ll probably keep these two.

And I´m sure I will keep Twyla and Heath (and the other boys) if I can buy them.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:30:06 PM by aroa678 »

faunabay

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »

Yeah I haven't gotten any of the "half" CAMs.  I've only bought the ones with full dolls.  I really like the Bee Girl but don't want to mess with trying to find a torso to match.  I just don't understand Mattel's thinking in releasing them this way?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »
Plans? Ha! Like I can think that far ahead! I love my collection, and I hope I am just blessed with the disposable income to keep adding the dolls I fall in love with :)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
Plans? Ha! Like I can think that far ahead! I love my collection, and I hope I am just blessed with the disposable income to keep adding the dolls I fall in love with :)

me too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal