collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Avatar Exchange Round 3 - Partners Sent!!!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
The Avatar Exchange Round 3 - Partners Sent!!!
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
The Avatar Exchange!

Basically, this works much like the ATC swap, with the exception of mailing - whether your artwork is traditional or digital, it will all be delivered here!  Each round you'll get a secret partner (who you will keep secret until you reveal the avatar) and will have three weeks to deliver an avatar based on your partner's form.

Guidelines:

-You should deliver two versions of your icon: a 150x150 version for use here at the Arena (under 60k, please) and a larger, un-cropped version.  If you do pixel ponies, the second can be waived as a larger version may not exist.
-If you have a current adoptable, please do not use the lines from it to complete this trade.  On that note, you should only use original (by you) artwork only, please.
-Please deliver on time.  If you have not delivered on time for the round, your ability to participate in future exchanges will be suspended until you make up your part.
-Artwork should abide by Arena standards of content, of course. 
-Please don't use DeviantArt to link to reference pictures or host your final avatar.  Sometimes DA messes up and you can't view the image.  Try a free service somewhere instead, please.
-Your sign-up post should contain the word fever somewhere in order to signify to me that you've read the rules.
-Do not reveal your partner before you're done!  If you have any questions, please message me and I can PM your partner. 
-Post your finished avatar to this thread when you are finished.  You may post the avatar up to three days before the deadline, but no earlier, please.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in this thread!

Dates:

Sign-ups:  now through Tuesday, January 8th, at 9:00 pm EST
Partners Sent: between sign-up close and 5 pm the next day
Working: Jan 9th through Jan 26th
Final Posting Deadline: Saturday, Jan 26th by 11:00 pm EST

Sign-ups go in this thread!  Please do not PM them to me.  Thanks!

Form:

Arena name:

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum):

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)

Brief Character Description:

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

Anything you don't like?

Any other info?

Participants:
1. Eviecorn
2. ZennaBug
3. Corona
4. HollowZero
5. Marigold
6. Tsukikakushi
7. JigglesTheCat
8. RainbowJuice
(more spots added if more participants want in)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:10:47 PM by Eviecorn »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Exchange Round 3 - Sign-Ups Open through Jan 8!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Okay one question, is this a one time deal or going to go for several months?  Right now I have time so could get one done, later on in the year not so much.  It sounds great Evie.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
Oooh, me me me!  I love having the custom avatars that I can switch up every once in a while.

Arena name: ZennaBug

Link to Gallery: http://runeelf.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?). My ponies are pretty cartoony I guess.  I am best at traditional art, so will likely stick with that unless I have a brilliant digital idea.  I don't know how to animate.

Brief Character Description: Vessa is a yellow unicorn with green hair and blue socks/blaze/spots.  She wears a pink tail bow and has no particular magic to speak of.  She's happy and loves animals.

Character Reference Pic:

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

1. Valentine's Day
2. My dogs, if you feel like being super fancy.
3. Winter/Snow
4. Tea
5. Sparkles
6. Happy

Anything you don't like? I'm indifferent to anthro art most of the time.  Other than that, just about anything works!

Any other info? I've got the Avi Exchange Fever!  :dance2:

Okay one question, is this a one time deal or going to go for several months?  Right now I have time so could get one done, later on in the year not so much.  It sounds great Evie.

It's a one-time thing, Evie does separate signups each time, like the ATC swaps (minus the shipping)

Round 1: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,311943.0.html
Round 2: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,315983.0.html

It's really fun, you should join!  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »
Hmm.... :wonder: I wonder if I feel artistic enough to conjure up another one so soon. *goes to think about it*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:45 PM »

It's round by round, so feel free to participate or not each individual round.  Just sign up if you do, and don't if you don't.  No commitment beyond this round.

Art commissions!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Form:

Arena name: Corona

Link to Gallery: My DeviantART

What are your specialities?: G4-ish ponies. I do lineless or lined artwork and a variety of different chading techniques. All my work is 100% digital.

Brief Character Description: Freebird is loyal and will take the reins when a friend or her family needs a helping hoof. She likes small groups of friends but needs her alone time to work on her creative projects as well. Though sometimes she can come off as argumentative and sarcastic, she's warm, talkative, and easygoing with her friends.

Character Reference Pic: Ref of Freebird

List three to six possible themes for your avatar: Tea, Japan, art/Photoshop, video games, bugs

I got an art fever and I'm ready to draw!

Duster reference]

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:30:58 PM »

It's round by round, so feel free to participate or not each individual round.  Just sign up if you do, and don't if you don't.  No commitment beyond this round.
Thanks, in that case I might.  It does sound fun.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
It is fun, Diamond!  Like an ATC swap, but without the shipping.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
Arena name: HollowZero

Link to Gallery: http://hollowzero.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities? Digital art, I can do realism and toon. I am terrible at pixels. I can draw people but not well. I can also draw anthro.

Brief Character Description: Dendrite lives in a place that is frequently cold, and battered by snow. He lives with his sister, and they brave the elements to rescue other ponies and animals who may be trapped in the frequent snowstorms. Unfortunately, Dendy is pretty serious business, and doesn't take jokes very well. He's strong, and fearless.

Character Reference Pic:
Dendy's custom for good symbol ref
Dendrite drawing

1. Cold
2. Emptiness
3. Snow
4. Trees
5. This song from FFVIII (you don't need to listen to it, but it's very "bleak")
6. Beauty

Anything you don't like? Anthro.

Any other info? Thankfully I don't have a fever, otherwise I'd be even colder than I already am. :([/quote]

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »
Form:

Arena name: Eviecorn

Link to Gallery: Not Arena apropos.

What are your specialities? Anthro and pony art, more toony than realistic.  I can do both traditional and digital art, along with basic animation.

Brief Character Description: Eviecorn is a muted bluish-purplish-grey unicorn with multicolored dreadlocks.  She is very much like a fell pony in body type, and has shaggy fetlocks.  Her cutie mark is a Mario-esque star with a fire trail.  She always wears her wooden bead necklace and her pink paisley headband.  She is sweet-natured, inquisitive, mellow, highly intelligent and deep, and quietly happy.

Character Reference Pic: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/asbestos_thug/Haterade%20Pony/eviecornucopia/8e56c580.jpg

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.

1. Hope
2. Rainbows
3. Tacos and tequila
4. If you're feeling ambitious, maybe one of Evie with Cloudchaser?

Anything you don't like? Not a fan of G3.5 art style, and not a fan of humanizations of ponies.  Not a fan of overtly girly things.

Any other info? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Art commissions!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:20 AM »
I'm thinking about joining this.  :)  I don't have the time to submit my form today but just posting a quick note to say I think I will join. 

Form: fever, in the morning fever all through the night.

Arena name: Marigold

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): I don't have one.  :( but I have a picture here:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,317546.0.html

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)
I like to draw G1 style ponies in ink and colored pencil or my own style of ponies like in my ref picture. Traditional art. I can do people too but unless you ask I won't.   I really prefer traditional for receipt too but digital makes me happy as well.

Orange eyes
Spiraled unicorn horn
Hoof and legs grade from a slightly darker blush peachy pink into a pale blush peachy pink body.
Very long flowing hair in light gray, dark gray, blonde and brown.
Marigold symbol in my signature.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh519/MarigoldPony/mari11.png

1. Snow
2. Sleeping in flower field
3. Wind
4. Garden of flowers
5. Trees
6. Victorian old fashioned antique feel. Prim and proper.

Anything you don't like?
I'm not big on anthros.  No G3.5. I don't like big heads on small bodies. Not a fan of chibis or cutesy cute.

Any other info?  I like unique styles so if you want to do her in a stylized way that is okay. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:33:10 PM by Marigold »

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
No problem!  Just edit the post with your form when you get a chance.  :)

Art commissions!

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
Arena name: Tsukikakushi

Link to Gallery: http://tsukikakushi.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?: I do traditional art only at this time. I can do cartoony or realistic ponies or other critters. Not so good with drawing people. I love working with chalks, but can do pencils & paintings also. Most of the stuff in my gallery is pretty old or just quick sketches. I'll definatly up the ante for this swap ;)

Brief Character Description: Tsuki is an olive green earth pony, with fly away brown mane & bob tail. She also has brown ear tufts. Can be  pretty quiet & aloof, unless she knows you really well. Enjoys reading, animals, all manner of art, video games, & staring into space thinking of her next big project.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): http://tsukikakushi.deviantart.com/gallery/24019354

1. Space, stars, planets etc.
2. Carfty things. ie: sewing, plush making, crochet, art
3. Fav colors-blue, silver, black, green
4. daydreaming

Anything you don't like? I don't like anything overly girly, such as pink & glitter. Though in moderation they're fine. Not a huge fan of pony anthros, unless they're super realistic looking.

Any other info?
Saturday night fever! *dances*
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
My teddy bear just got over a terrible case of fever, but now that he's well I have the time to participate in this!

Form:

Arena name: JigglesTheCat (or just Jiggles)

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): http://mkmaa00.deviantart.com/gallery/ It's not really well updated - I'll add some of my more recent stuff later tonight.

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or ponies as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?) I only do pony art, and mostly G4 (but I can do any generation). I do digital and traditional, and no pixels or GIF.

Brief Character Description: Wind Ribbon is obsessed with paper airplanes, sleeping in class, and dreaming up amazinf fantasies - many of them centered around her having wings and being a Wonderbolt. She is a light blue earth pony, with a blue, red, and yellow short-ish mane. Wind Ribbon has black glasses, and her eyes are a gradation of blue, red, and yellow. Her cutiemark is a white paper airplane with a blue, red, and yellow ribbon that wraps around her front leg.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): Her name is Wind Ribbon, BTW. My avatar and signature, and...

Overall: http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/mkmaa00/Windribbon-1.png
Eyes and Hair: http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/mkmaa00/JigglesTheCat_Wind-Ribbon2.gif

1. Wind Ribbon sleeping or riding on a paper airplane .. or anything relating to a paper airplane
2. G4 Scootaloo
3. Fun animal hats (like this)
4. Socks
5. Arts and crafts, or simply crayons.. or just creativity in general.
6. Clouds
7. Bowtie and Wind Ribbon together, or just Bowtie.. I don't care.

Anything you don't like? Lots of glitter and pink, Wind Ribbon without her glasses, and I'm not really into anthros.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:30:44 PM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
I'M BACK AGAIN =D

Arena name: Rainbowjuice

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum):
Rainbowjuice.deviantart.com

I do a little bit of everything but my strengths lie in digital painting/pixels. Simple animations too.

RJ is a warm (but not feverish) tan pegasus with white socks, wings and markings. Her mane and tail a long and wavy and pale beige in colour with white accents. She is well-read, artistic and a little goofy. She's pretty much constantly wearing her glasses (she can't see well =p)

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): Here

1. Warm colours
2. Reading
3. Geekery (read: WoW, Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR, Hobbit ect)
4. Forests
5. Silly things
6. And for the ambitious, her special somepony Storm

Anything you don't like?
I don't like overly 'cute' art such as chibi's and KAWAII DESU DESU *shudder*

-too many edits because I'm crap at embedding links ¬¬-
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:59:35 PM by Rainbowjuice »
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal