collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony  (Read 43179 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »
These look awesome, and I'm SOOO glad they're doing them! I love how animated they look, and I love their battle poses and expressions. I hope we get to see some of this action in the cartoon--it sounds like we will be getting an amazing new comic line this fall!

As to those who seem to be upset/concerned that this is not pony/not peaceful/not cute/catering to a specific crowd--GOOD NEWS! This line is an addition to the line of brushables, NOT a replacement! The brushables you like (and I like) are still going to be around. However, now people who have enjoyed ponies but wished it could be paired with more of an adventure element are also getting something. I'm sure there will still be plenty of pastels and cat fights about how so-and-so could be a better friend.

As someone who loved ponies but also loved He-man/She-ra/Transformers/Thundercats, I am crazy-excited that there is going to be a line that explores the potential for pony adventure and battle. The only way I could be happier would be if they would pair the new molds, articulation, and battle armor with brushable hair!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2016, 01:52:07 AM »
Either way, i will be really surprised if these will ever get released here. None of the big blindbag ponyville set things even got here.

I know right? And if they were they would be twice as expensive ;.;

At this point i have no idea how MLP is still a thing in Belgium. All i ever see are the big playsets and some glitter maned brushables they can't seem to get rid of. If i did not have the internet i would believe G4 was already ending.
So why Hasbro bothers making action figures like these instead of improving the toys that get a worldwide release is beyond me. Things were never this bad during G3.

Oof, that's a bit worse than here. We get stuff, but slooow. We got the Holly Dash wave at least? ANd I've seen the new articulated ponies here. FS AJ and Daisy Dreams were very late in stores here and only at the Kruidvat stores, they buy left-overs.
Other then that it will be Ebay or asking here at the Arena to get these lovelies ;)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2016, 03:13:45 AM »
Either way, i will be really surprised if these will ever get released here. None of the big blindbag ponyville set things even got here.

At this point i have no idea how MLP is still a thing in Belgium. All i ever see are the big playsets and some glitter maned brushables they can't seem to get rid of. If i did not have the internet i would believe G4 was already ending.
So why Hasbro bothers making action figures like these instead of improving the toys that get a worldwide release is beyond me. Things were never this bad during G3.

Oof, that's a bit worse than here. We get stuff, but slooow. We got the Holly Dash wave at least? ANd I've seen the new articulated ponies here. FS AJ and Daisy Dreams were very late in stores here and only at the Kruidvat stores, they buy left-overs.
Other then that it will be Ebay or asking here at the Arena to get these lovelies ;)

I've asked Both Bart Smit and Intertoys and they said they wont get any new MLP at all. Even not the EQG Mini's. :(

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2016, 04:07:21 AM »

I've asked Both Bart Smit and Intertoys and they said they wont get any new MLP at all. Even not the EQG Mini's. :(

Really? Ugh, that is terrible. I was really looking forward to the EQG mini's. : (
I haven't seen Holly Dash or the articulated ponies either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2016, 04:16:21 AM »

Really? Ugh, that is terrible. I was really looking forward to the EQG mini's. : (
I haven't seen Holly Dash or the articulated ponies either.

*flops around sadly*

Holly Dash was at Intertoys and I believe I saw the articulated ponies at the Bart Smit in Leiden

And oooh I just saw Shining Armor and Spike! My poor wallet

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2016, 05:03:36 AM »
Something that also REALLY bothers me about these: Why do they look so angry? It's so painfully obvious that they're trying really hard to make these look 'edgy' and as 'non-threatening to dudes' as possible, which is both hilarious and sad to me.
Even the action figures I own and most of the others that I have seen don't have "GrRR iM HaRdCoRe!!!" expressions like these do. I'm looking at a few of my own Transformers figures right now, all of which came with weapons like guns and swords and stuff and even they look calm and cheerful in comparison to these ponies.
That too. Someone mentioned a comparison to She-Ra, but those toys didn't have such aggressive expressions I don't think. I'm certainly not opposed to more aggressive fighting-type figures for girls, maybe not even for MLP, but since there's already a large fanbase trying to ignore/erase any traces of it being feminine or for girls, this feels like pushing the boundaries for the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:06:55 AM by Elisto »

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2016, 05:19:55 AM »
When I saw these I thought they were a joke or a third party product. They aren't bad just, er, different. The Spike is cool. And the chicken and turtle. I don't think I'll buy any. I don't watch FiM (probably shows).

I'm in the "improve the brushables" camp also. More characters, more poses, less dumb gimmicks Hasbro

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2016, 05:24:19 AM »
Looking at She-Ra figures, no.  They don't have overly aggressive expressions either.  The closest I've found in terms of aggressive expressions are some TMNT figurines.

I find the whole concept of these things silly.  They look to be really well made, but the actual idea behind them feels like they're overcompensating.  I highly doubt girls (and some boys) had any trouble taking their cute little ponies with brushable hair and coming up with fantastic and dangerous adventures for them.  They didn't need angry expressions.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2016, 05:34:28 AM »
Pass for me. But they are neat to look at.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2016, 05:39:37 AM »
I'm sure we will find out more about these with toy fair leaks and play fair (if hasbro has any ponies at play fair)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2016, 05:49:43 AM »

Ughh!!! I'm in the Netherlands every few weeks and both Bart Smit and Intertoys are my two regular stop bys for pony stuff. I have been trying to find the EG mini figures there - now I know why I haven't seen them yet :(

Can anyone advise me on where to get these over in Europe, especially Germany? Is there any retailer that sells them, or do I have to go the Amazon route? Imports are so horribly expensive :/
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2016, 05:55:40 AM »
So quick little thing for those complaining that this doesn't promote friendship or whatever from the show...

"It has also been confirmed that IDW is going to create a new MLP Comic Series this fall based around these toys."

The comics have always had a more mature vibe to them than the show, so I think these toys are completely fitting for that. Though I'm sure this will lead a lot of you into saying that they shouldn't make toys based off of the comics or something.

I'm still excited about this. I love the comics and love that we're getting merch based off of that! Also going to reiterate that the Toy Fair STILL hasn't happened yet, this was just a sneak peak for one specific line that Hasbro seems excited about, and rightfully so.

We still have unreleased ponies from the new Explore Equestria line and I'm sure we're going to see more pony toys directly aimed at children when the Toy Fair is in full swing. I seriously wouldn't waste my time getting upset over a sneak peak for a line that is obviously not aimed at younger children, but more for the crowd that enjoys the comics (which includes adults and kids). I see absolutely nothing wrong with expanding the market. You may not like it for different reasons, but if it sells, it sells.
Instagram / Want List

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2016, 06:22:14 AM »
I kind of have to agree with Moonbeam though this now makes me wonder WHERE are these going to be sold? If they are in relation to the comics then my guess would be where the comics are sold other than online... For me that means I will likely never see them unless Hastings picks them up and I haven't been there in ages XD

But yeah for those who like them a lot and want them, that would be the only concern.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2016, 06:27:32 AM »
Yeah, that sort of got me thinking about that too. Will comic book shops be carrying these? I'd imagine so, but that would make it harder for some people to have access to them.

I'm almost entirely sure they'll at least be online at Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, etc.

I honestly can't imagine these being sold at Walmart or a Target, but Hasbro may surprise us!
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:44 AM »
Part of me wonders *why* Hasbro thinks they needed to develop a line for guys (and newer fans) when that same audience fell in love with our traditional line, including cartoon and toys?

Then I glance through the barrage of "gonna buy" comments throughout the last eight pages, and wonder no more.

Well done, Hasbro! Go capitalism!

:heart: (Edit to add: Not said with malice! I am genuinely glad that Hasbro is doing well in the market place, as it means more ponies for one and all!) :heart:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:12:03 PM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal