collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite G3 from each year?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Favorite G3 from each year?
« on: January 21, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
Following up on the G1 thread I created a while ago, who's your favorite G3 pony from every year (2003-2008), and why?

Mine are:

2003: Autumn Skye
Autumn's my favorite season, and she captures its essence very well. Her grayish blue coat is very unique and blends well with her fall colored hair. Even her name is quite pretty.

2004: Desert Rose
Even though white/pink was overused in this generation, Rose's faint colors are quite dainty and elegant. The glitter, her detailed rose symbol, and the way its green stem matches her eyes make her quite sophisticated looking.

2005: Love Wishes
One of my favorite ponies in my childhood herd, her dark indigo and neon red color combo is stunning and unique.

2006: Pumpkin Tart
Is there anything cuter than a pony dressed up like a cat?

2007: Aurora Mist
Everything about this pony is just gorgeous. She's a pegasus with a cascading symbol AND a jewel, and she's a beautiful shade of periwinkle with pearly blue wings and lovely pastel hair. She looks just like a fresh ocean breeze.

2008: Sweetie Belle
I'm not a fan of any of the Core 7, but Sweetie's my favorite due to being one of only 8 G3 unicorns, and being the only completely new character in the bunch (Even Starsong reuses Silver Glow's cutie mark).

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite G3 from each year?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 06:17:45 PM »
Ouh! Mine are as listed:

2003:Rainbow Dash & Winter Snow. Rainbow Dash because she was my childhood pony and winter Snow because her design and color palette are visually soothing. On top of that, the circumstances behind her release is another reason I like her.

2004: Periwinkle. She was also a favorite from my childhood pony herd.

2005: Seaspray. Her bright colored hair and vague similarity to Rainbow Dash caught my eye as a kid

2006: Silver Rain. An ombre pony?!? Her color palette and how the blue ombre was very prominent is why I liked her so much...

2007: MLP Fair Pinkie Pie; although I never had her as a kid but seeing the photos of her and a redesign of an pre-existing character made her stand out.

2008: Rainbow Dash. Even though they got rid of the fabric constructed clothing accessories for plastic clothing, the fact that Rainbow Dash was not as difficult to find was enough for me

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:45:17 PM »
2003: Minty, though Autumn Skye is very close. G3 Minty has such a pleasing design for me, I love mint green and the light pink hair looks lovely with the green (though I wish they'd had used the light pink that doesn't fade so much), plus she's in the Donkey Pose for her original 2003 release which is my favorite G3 pose! :P
2004: Didn't realize how many ponies I love from this year! Desert Blossom, Marshmellow Coco, Sparklesnap, and Pepperberry are all strong contenders. It's hard to choose between these four.... maybe Desert Blossom? Not only do I like her color scheme of pink and green, but I also love her symbol and overall theme. Succulents are great! The other three still also have lovely colors though... but Desert Blossom has my favorite symbol of them for sure. :)
2005: Waterfire. Favorite overall G3. :lol: A lot of other really solid ponies here, but Waterfire reigns supreme over all other G3s.
2006: Man, what a solid year! Looking at all the G3 ponies reminds me of how much I love G3. Year of the Birthflower, Cutie Cascades, Pegasi... so many sets I just love overall! Strong contenders here are July Larkspur, November Chrysanthemum, Daybreak, Silver Rain, Precious Gem, and Windy Wisp. I think I'll go with uuhhhh Daybreak? There's something really stunning with her mostly monochromatic colors. But the others I listed are also very, very good ponies. All top tier.
2007: Morning Glory. The yellow to orange gradient of her body, the hair colors reminiscent of a sunrise, the adorable cascading bird symbol. A very solid pony, top tier... shout out to Snow'el II though, close second. Oh also Pony Fair Pinkie Pie.
2008: 2008 Winter Minty for sure! Gradient, symbol all over her body... congrats to Minty for being my favorite in both G3's first and final years. Runner ups would be the 25th anniversary Core 7 set with the fancy symbols and designs. The ones with Friendship, Hope, etc. on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LivioKelem

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:46:42 PM »
Winter Snow! Diva Pose is my favorite; snowflakes looks like lace! That fresh icy colors is so beautiful! And i really love winter ponies. Snowflake too, but she has not that  interesting colors and symbol.

Marshmellow Coco! Yeah, Diva pose again, my favorite cold colors. And that cute hat <3 Pepperberry for 2nd place. Yep, diva again... And hot colors! I think them matt bodies looks pretty.

Aww, too much. Beach Belle and Caribbean Delight at first. I rlly love this colorful girls with awesome manes. Don't forget about Citrus Sweetheart! Orange + white is fresh and interesting combination. And I love Baby Jingle Jangle too: white + red = perfect! And this cote little bells  :blush: And Rainbowberry! And for last is Toboggan of course... I don't know how i must choice < ':

Winter Ice, i think. Look on that fresh light-pink mane with tinsel - it looks like first snow in rays of the rising sun! And so-o cute snowman! ♥.♥
Hm-m... Or Silver Glow? She is perfect for me: awesome cold colors, pearl wings and stars on her symbol. U know, *stars*

Aurora Mist or Snow'el II, I don't know. First has beautiful and interesting colors, second has awesome concept.

Twinkle Hope, i think. Winter Minty is cute too. We don't have so much choice for this year.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »
2003 - Autumn Skye tied with Applejack

2004 - Moondancer

2005 - Seaspray tied with Anchors Away

2006 - Velvet Bow. Honorable mention: the entire Birthflower set XD

2007 - Pretty Pop

2008 - Winter Minty

2009 - Underwater art pony tied with Junko Mizuno collector pony

2010 - *crickets*

2011 - MLP Fair exclusive

There are just too many great designs in some years. It was hard to pick and that's why I ended up with some shared #1 spots.

Offline MerryAnvil

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 10:21:48 AM »
2003: Applejack! <3
She was actually my 'grail' pony when I was like seven years old, and I got her as a present for my birthday so she's special to me. Still have her! I adore her colors. Actually funny enough, Applejack quickly became my favorite across G1, G3 and G4 gens, so yeah! No surprise she was my fave. A close second favorite would have to be Minty, of course!
2004: Desert Rose
Ooh that was a tough one, because there were so many good ponies that came out in year two. Starcatcher, Starbeam, Denim Blue, Moondancer...they're all so lovely ugh it's so hard to choose. But Desert Rose was one of my first ponies and definitely one of my faves when I was little (I loved her delicate colors and her name actually helped me with my grammar in school because I always forgot the difference between 'Desert' and 'Dessert') so she gets the favorite spot here!
2005: Waterfire!!
No question who's my fave here, although there are a lot of really nice ponies in this year too. Waterfire's just always stood out to me for some reason; can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I adore her. She's one of the childhood ponies I still have in my herd.
2006: Pumpkin Tart!
I got her during our road trip to Disney World, when we went for the Build-a-Pony thing, and she got to tag along with Strawberry Swirl and get dressed up and such. Sadly I don't have her anymore, although her cat ears are floating somewhere around my accessory box. I need to get her again. I didn't have a serious emotional connection to anyone in this year aside from Pumpkin Tart, although there were a ton of pretties I don't have that I'd love to get!
2007: Pretty Pop!
I don't have her yet but I've just always adored her lively, adorable colors. Windy Wisp is a close second and I am fortunate enough to have her!
2008: Minty - Winter Version
I'm gonna say no to the core seven, but I absolutely adored the winter version of Minty that came out this year. I have yet to add her to my herd but I've always been a huge fan of the 'Twice-As-Fancy' type designs, and mint and pink is my favorite color combination, so yeah <3
2009: Pop Art Pony
I've always loved her color combo! The bright orange and blue really does it for me.
2010: 2010 Fair Pony
Not much to pick from in this year but I do love that bright green and pink combo!
2011: 2011 SDCC Pony
I'm not sure why I like her over the MLP Fair pony from this year; her design is just appealing to me for some reason!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:24:11 AM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »
I onlu have a handful of G3 ponies so I picked my favorites based on color combo and symbols.

2003: Autumn Skye

She is the only G3 I've bought online.  She's also the only pony I bought in 2019. 

2004: Shenanigans

I don't have her.  But her name, colors and symbol are win.

2005: Dream Blue

I bought her when she came out.  She has the lighter tensel hair and it has always been tangled. But she is so pretty and sweet.  She's probably my favorite of the g3 ponies.

2006: Pumpkin Tart

Halloween theme and kitty symbol. She's purfect but I don't have.

2007: Flower Wishes

This is for my yellow pony obsession.  I think I need her.

2008: Tropical Surprise

I LOVE the dark blue and green in her hair.  It's so beautiful.  I want this pony.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 02:24:50 AM »
I'm a bit of a G3 novice though I do have a few. There are so many pretty ponies in this generation! My overall favourites are Fluttershy and Petal Blossom. Oh, and Spring Fever. And....:lol:

2003: Fluttershy and Spring Fever.
2004: Petal Blossom and Glitter Glide. Petal Blossom was my first G3!
2005: Bowtie and Thistle Whistle.
2006: Puzzlemint and Brights Brightly. I mostly like Brights Brightly because of Kimono's Townhouse :)
2007: Rainbow Dash (the one with the gradient colouring) and Rainbow Swirl (I love ponies with movable legs!).
2008: Toola-Roola and Halloween Starsong (I like her little witch's hat!).
2009: Sweetie Belle and Rainbow Dash - they're the only Gen 3.5 ponies I have, and their hair is just amazing!

Offline Adarkdraconis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
2003- Wysteria (one of my favorite flowers, colors, and she's just so soft and soothing looking) and yet another vote for Minty because she is so cute in the Donkey pose with her happy little face!

2004- Denim Blue (a recycling pony with gorgeous hair?!?! Yeeeeeees!), Spring Parade because I love her hair color and vibrancy of her flower symbol, and Wondermint who I do not have but want and think she's stunning!

2005- Gardenia Glow and Waterfire (another don't have but *want!*) for their gorgeous contrasts of bright body and hair colors, and new Bowtie because they made her so pretty, and different  enough from the old Bowtie to feel like a separate pony and not a replacement (I adore her hair stripes color combination!).

2006- Silver Glow, she's just so stunning overall, and Daffidazey (who I technically now own but she needs a looooot of help) because I love her hair and her 3d flower! 

2007- Dream Drifter because I loooove tie-dye, and Daisy Paisley, her paint is just gorgeous!  (I have just recieved these ponies along with Daffi and hope to get them in shape!)  Also Rainbow Bubbles, who I need, because I love her teapot and I collect teapots!

2008- Valentines Sweetie Belle (who I also need), her purple is soooooooo pretty and deep!  I also really do not like the 'makeup' line of ponies this year where their head is just painted in strange ways.

2009-Core friends Rainbow Dash because she gets a fancy pearl necklace with bows!  She is so stylish, Darling!  I have this version because it seemed so, well, her! 

Wanted to add that everyone's choices are soooooo good!!!  I had to look some up, but definitely have a few new ones to add to the want list!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:32:12 AM by Adarkdraconis »
:cold:

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »
OMG, this is an impossible thing to decide. I love so many it is impossible for me to single out one! I might be able to choose top 5 favorites per year, lol.
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 02:57:31 AM »
2003: Butterscotch. I love her butterscotch like colours & her lollipop symbols, plus there weren't nearly enough yellow Ponies released in G3.

2004: Sorry to all the others but Peri Winkle, who's my fave Jewel Pony AND my fave of this whole year!!! Even Starbeam doesn't quite get to Peri Winkle.

2005: Butter Drop. Another relative of G1 Butterscotch gets in as the cutest of cute G3 Babies. That hat is adorable!!!

2006: Wind Drifter. I'm not the biggest fan of pink in Ponies, but I love rainbow colours & who can say no to a 3D butterfly symbol???

2007: If I didn't feature a blue Pony or a long-haired Pony Twisty Tail would kill me, so it's a good thing I have Rainbow Bubbles yaiy!!! And what a gorgeous Pony too!!! Also harder to find being a non-US release.

2008: Scootaloo. There's just something about orange Ponies, & G3 had a good few of them. I also love the remote control scooter she came with.

2009: Rainbow Dash Mum. The Mum Ponies to Newborn Cuties were the only  unique Ponies released in 2009, hence my picl (of course the blue one wins it).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:01:24 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal